NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Canadian VT Packaging and Pricing on Friday

Hmm, I have a turbo on order. Now I am concerned with what might be changing from the 2012 V beyond just the turbo. I can't do a sunroof (too tall), but I -have- to have the back-up camera. The US notice made it sound like the camera is only optional now (it was standard) and maybe only with the tech package (sunroof).

Also: is the marathon blue the same as from last year? Still lots of unknowns (like: they've changed the instrument panel??) I really hate buying sight unseen...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

That's fairly consistent with my behind-the-wheel observations. Most of our cars with the 6AT turn very low engine speeds on the highway.
    Valkyrie likes this.
    Current car: 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec (White Satin Pearl)
    NOTE: All views and opinions are my own.

Force, you're killing me. Could you at least reveal a simple "1" or "more than 1" trim available?

Hmm, I have a turbo on order. Now I am concerned with what might be changing from the 2012 V beyond just the turbo. I can't do a sunroof (too tall), but I -have- to have the back-up camera. The US notice made it sound like the camera is only optional now (it was standard) and maybe only with the tech package (sunroof). (Oh, I should mention this will be Canadian delivery...) What I liked most about the base Veloster is the combo of cost, fuel economy, and that I could actually fit in it. What I didn't like was the low power that the VT solves nicely. I am just very worried that there might be enough change to those three key areas to make this a no-go.

Also: is the marathon blue the same as from last year? Still lots of unknowns (like: they've changed the instrument panel??) I really hate buying sight unseen...

Marathon Blue will be the same. The rest of your questions will be answered Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Hmm, I have a turbo on order. Now I am concerned with what might be changing from the 2012 V beyond just the turbo. I can't do a sunroof (too tall), but I -have- to have the back-up camera. The US notice made it sound like the camera is only optional now (it was standard) and maybe only with the tech package (sunroof). (Oh, I should mention this will be Canadian delivery...) What I liked most about the base Veloster is the combo of cost, fuel economy, and that I could actually fit in it. What I didn't like was the low power that the VT solves nicely. I am just very worried that there might be enough change to those three key areas to make this a no-go.

That's essentially the same as me. I only want the Turbo to make up for lack of power in the base. I also like the better lights all around for increased safety in the dreary wet coast of Canada. Since Canadian Velosters all have the back-up camera, I would assume that whatever trim packages we get will have it. I just hope we don't HAVE to have the sunroof or Navigation.

Quote Originally Posted by schaden View Post
    Force, you're killing me. Could you at least reveal a simple "1" or "more than 1" trim available?

Do you really want him to lose his job?

Junior Member VelostimusPrime13's Avatar
    Only one more day to wait until the big reveal...
    then I'll finally know how much I'll have to fork over when my V finally comes in.
    Owner of 2013 Marathon Blue 6MT Tech

"Growing Old Is Inevitable, Growing Up Is Optional."

Hopefully the info will be available tomorrow. I am curious.

don't know if this had been posted, but the US prices was released June 6 2012.
    Newsroom - Hyundai Motor America
    2012 Boston Red Veloster 138 HP 123 Ft Lbs torque
    Just enough torque to tighten the wheel nuts on a truck

Yup, but everything up here will be much different, including the packages. So we can't really speculate too much off the US. We're only half a day-ish away!
    Veloster Stalker

I got this email from my dealer....."Based on the order bank, it will only come in one configuration, and that will likely be equipped comparably to the current tech package......"

Quote Originally Posted by Lishka View Post
    I got this email from my dealer....."Based on the order bank, it will only come in one configuration, and that will likely be equipped comparably to the current tech package......"
    If that is true then we have (1) NAV, (2) Nav + Tech, (3) Nav + Tech + Turbo, which given the size of the Canadian market, sounds about right. = leaning towards blue but have to see pearl first. Is there a current car on the lot in pearl?

So all Turbos in Canada will come equipped the same as the Ultimate Package in the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by tx_brandon View Post
    So all Turbos in Canada will come equipped the same as the Ultimate Package in the USA?
    Possibly! But to be safe, I expect the Canadian Tech plus the turbo goodies. Might be cutting hairs but I think there where a few items on the US Ulitmate theat were not on the Canadian Tech. Oh, forgot to add M/T to the blue turbo above.

Quote Originally Posted by Force View Post
    Those colours have never been available here and we have no plans to introduce them.
    That sucks. No pearl white either. And I see no silver for the VT. A big fail if that's the case. I guess for 2013s anyways.

If we only get one package tech+turbo then Im out.
    Might have to settle with NA tech, but I really wanted all the lighting upgrades.

Alright folks, now is as good a time as any - here's what you've all been waiting for.

For our market, the VT will come in one fully-equipped trim level. It contains all the equipment from the N/A V Tech Package and adds Turbo equipment - projector lights with LED accents, leather seats, body kit, etc. The MSRP of the manual model is $25,999 while the auto will go for $27,249. The Matte Grey paint will cost an additional $1,000.

As for the regular V, there's a few small changes for 2013 - the front steering knuckle has been re-designed, which has resulted in the brake caliper being moved to the other side of the disc. Rear parking sensors have been added to the standard equipment of the entire Veloster line-up. Finally, the engine on DCT models has been re-tuned to deliver more low-end torque. The output of DCT-equipped cars has been revised to 132 horsepower and 120 lb-ft of torque. While the peak numbers are slightly lower, the car will now offer better performance in the bottom end of the rev range.

Pricing for the regular V line-up has also been revised:

Base 6MT - $19,499
    Base 6DCT - $20,899
    Tech 6MT - $22,999
    Tech 6DCT - $24,399

I can answer any questions you have this evening.
    Rush, Artolas and PhyootchurBoi like this.
    Current car: 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec (White Satin Pearl)
    NOTE: All views and opinions are my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Force View Post
    Alright folks, now is as good a time as any - here's what you've all been waiting for.

For our market, the VT will come in one fully-equipped trim level. It contains all the equipment from the N/A V Tech Package and adds Turbo equipment - projector lights with LED accents, leather seats, body kit, etc. The MSRP of the manual model is $25,999 while the auto will go for $27,249. The Matte Grey paint will cost an additional $1,000.
    More than I was expecting. I was told the ballbark would be about $2000 more tahn the 2112 NAV tech and this is $3500 more.
    With delivery of $1495, and the air and other minor taxes of $129.70 and then HST we come out at a grand total of $31214.78

Yup. That's big money. And I can't believe the base V went up another $500.00.

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements