Veloster Forum banner

VT Insurance

Tags
insurance
3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  1ceTr0n 
#1 ·
I'm at work so I can't run a search to see if this has been talked about, so forgive me if this is a repost.

With all this talk about pricing I wonder how many have considered insurance pricing? Personally I don't expect it to be much, if any, more than the NAV. Checking on Progressive there is no option to differentiate between the Turbo and non-turbo Sonata, wonder if that will hold true with the VT? It will def help sway my decision if there is a bump in pricing, depending on the amount, of course. Thoughts?

#4 ·
Of course it does, but generally speaking, Turbo cars run a little more. For instance, right now, if I plug a Mazdaspeed 3 in to Progressive for a quote, my rate jumps about $45/month...Was just curious if you expected any kind of jump like that. Trust me, I know this is a very subjective thing. Especially if you're under 25, things can get ugly for the yougins.

#5 ·
I am pretty sure once you put a VIN in it will go up. When I bought my RSX a few years back the difference between the regular and the TYPE S was about 40 bucks more a month. I was under 25 then as well...

But I am to interested in Insurance information on this car. Paying 3 to 4K more for the Turbo plus the extra for insurance may keep me in a NAV. An extra 50 to 60 bucks in payment for a Turbo and then whatever insurance is maybe to much for me to swallow. If total a VT is 100 or more a month (payment, insurance, etc) than a NAV I will just put an intake and flash the ECU and put in some heated seats on a NAV and be good to go!

Still hope for a decent price and decent insurance to get a Turbo though...

#7 ·
I would ASSUME that the insurance would not be much different from the regular Veloster. The power is MUCH less than the MS3 also.

For a more accurate preliminary quote, I would plug in the NA V and see what you come up with..

Then compare that to what you would be paying for insurance on a STANDARD Mazda 3 (the 148hp version, not the 155/167hp version)

#15 ·
They look at the main demographic driving the car, but seeing as this is a 1st gen vehicle and the actuaries don't have the data to crunch, each individual insurance company will be different. When I went to get my NAV insured, I had to put it under a Sonata until they received the correct information. I would imagine they would equate it to other hot turbo hatches and assume the same demographic.

#19 ·
I'm nearing 32 with a clean driving record, no accidents *of my fault* on my record and member of State Farm for over 12 years and family history going over 30 years. I get real good coverage and rates that Geico couldnt' hold a candle too, even when I had my 03 WRX.

A VT will hardly change my insurance rate. Benefits of getting older and being a responsible adult

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.