NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: The Official "HEY FORCE" thread.

What kind of tool do you use to clean the matte paint if not a microfiber? I figured at least that would have been safe.
    2013 Veloster Turbo | Matte Gray | Ultimate Package

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

No waxing? not even the pitiful wax at the automatic carwash? Just how different IS the care and feeding of a matte finish?

And is this a perfect excuse for me to get blue or red instead? Hey Force (haha, had to say it) will any other colors besides the matte grey be metallic?
    Putting up with an 09 Elantra Touring (i30cw) until the Veloster Turbo arrives...unless they announce an Elantra Turbo anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 1.6 T-GDI View Post
    What kind of tool do you use to clean the matte paint if not a microfiber? I figured at least that would have been safe.
    A REALLY big mushroom brush?

Quote Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
    And is this a perfect excuse for me to get blue or red instead? Hey Force (haha, had to say it) will any other colors besides the matte grey be metallic?
    Ironman silver!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Thanks for sharing the video. Doesn't say much about how you get more difficult mars out of the paint. Also, who the HELL at BMW thought it was a good idea to script the suit on camera. :shakeshead:

Damn, now I really want Matte Grey...but would be ok with Elite White too. I've got no problem washing cars myself. I do it all the time right now anyway and enjoy it.
    BOBSKAT likes this.

Question Suspension in Turbo, more harsh?

Force,

I've been reading some references that the suspension in the Turbo will be more,, "stiff" then what is presently in the 2012 V. My concern is the comfort of the ride. If I was going to buy a 2012, I was going to change the wheels to a 16" just to gain additional side wall for the tires in order to soften the ride. If the Turbo is going to have even more of a harsh ride then the current model, I think I might just buy a 2012 and skip the extra power of the Turbo. Can you comment on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Force,

I've been reading some references that the suspension in the Turbo will be more,, "stiff" then what is presently in the 2012 V. My concern is the comfort of the ride. If I was going to buy a 2012, I was going to change the wheels to a 16" just to gain additional side wall for the tires in order to soften the ride. If the Turbo is going to have even more of a harsh ride then the current model, I think I might just buy a 2012 and skip the extra power of the Turbo. Can you comment on this?
    What's there to comment on? Lol... you just said all the info in your post.

What's there to comment on? Lol... you just said all the info in your post.
    I was hoping Force could verify if the Turbo's suspension was in fact more rigid than the 2012.

And in retrospect, I'll find out for myself once I'm able to test drive a Turbo, which won't probably be until the July-August time frame. Looks like it'll be quite awhile before I buy a V.
    Last edited by Valkyrie; 04-26-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    I was hoping Force could verify if the Turbo's suspension was in fact more rigid than the 2012.

And in retrospect, I'll find out for myself once I'm able to test drive a Turbo, which won't probably be until the July-August time frame. Looks like it'll be quite awhile before I buy a V.
    Hyundai has stated the suspension is the same except tighter and the steering is more responsive.

Hyundai has stated the suspension is the same except tighter and the steering is more responsive.
    Thats all good news! Thanks!!

I read on Autoblog that the turbo suspension will be exactly the same as the NA Veloster:

2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo is a mighty mite
    "Other changes include a quicker steering rack with meatier feel, although interestingly enough, Hyundai has left the standard car's suspension alone."
    When I first read that a few months ago, I thought it was strange until I learned that the Veloster has an optional panaramic sunroof. I am thinking that the NA Veloster's suspension is already as tight as the engineers will allow since stiffer suspension = more stress on chassis = more chassis flex = cracked/shattered sunroof. That's just my educated guess though.
    Last edited by Option; 04-26-2012 at 02:04 PM.
    Eephus Man likes this.

Will the US front license plate "blank" be the correct size for our plates? I would assume so, but I don't like doing that.

Hey Force!...
    I know you will not tell any info before it is time. Just a question though, will the release of information be before the media release on June 18th? I have my deposit in at my dealer and just waiting to finalize the details. Hopefully the details on price / packages / options and colours will be available well before that so that the orders can be submitted and still hope for a delivery late June early July. Any idea on when this info will be released for Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Razing View Post
    Ironman silver!
    The NA V has the following metallic colors: Ultra Black, Ironman Silver, BostonRed, Triathlon Gray
    Pearl: Marathon Blue, Vitamin C, Electrolyte Green
    Solid: Century White, 26.2

That is according to the UK site... which i think is correct.

So, from Sam's official list of colors, we have metallic: black, red, silver
    pearl: blue (possibly elite white)
    solid: gray (matte - i think)

Kona Orange looks pearl to me with it's color-changing property.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
    the end of the vidio mentions avoid synthetic cloths or towels . would this include a shammy to dry it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rasagul View Post
    the end of the vidio mentions avoid synthetic cloths or towels . would this include a shammy to dry it?
    If your using a real chammy, the ones made from real lambskin, it would work OK I can't say about all these imitation brand shammy's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasagul View Post
    Here is a good explanation of the BMW video instructions:
    BMW Matte Paint Care Guidelines | Frozen Paint Care | Matte Car Care |

It explains some things that the video did not - like WHY microfibers should be avoided.

Personally, i would think that Hyundai has addressed some issues of the matte paint.
    They did try to release it to the NA V but didn't, which in turn gave them more time to refine.
    They may have made significant research and dramatic improvements to the paint job.
    They do have their own extensive research on colors and paint.
    Why sell an economy car (like it or not, it still is), if it is not meant to be used often?
    But I am just being optimistic, and these are wishful thinking.

Rasagul likes this.

That answered a lot of the questions the video did not. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RayT2 View Post
    If your using a real chammy, the ones made from real lambskin, it would work OK I can't say about all these imitation brand shammy's.
    btw, the guy in the video is using a chamois (at 1:17).

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements