NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: The Official "HEY FORCE" thread.

Hell I don't even care about pricing. I'm more upset about the lack of info on the matte paint at this point than anything.

You would think that a mass production manufacturer like Hyundai would want to spew info all over the web about a matte paint for a MASS produced vehicle and how they found a way to get it to hold up to daily driving for years.

But no, instead you have people anxiously awaiting the specific manufacturer details for THIS particular paint and worrying that upkeep will be a bitch and whether or not to scratch it off their list as cool as it is.

Hyundai is being way to tight lipped on it. Its really not that hard of a question to answer. Is there going to be a special care form for us to sign or can we have this car sit in a driveway without having to run outside every 5 minutes like a re-re to wipe it off?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tx_brandon View Post
    Please point us toward the direction of a final spec Focus ST review, I haven't seen one.
    There have been plenty of pre-production driving impressions, including comparisons mentioned within, published. No reviews of the final product because I believe the final production Turbo isn't even being built yet, if so, that just began.
    Hyundai owes you nothing and MOST people will be fine with their pricing to release timeline. I've got the cash and know the ballpark figure, good enough for now. I doubt them not pleasing your timeline will have an impact moving units.
    I already covered the matte paint.
    Ford obviously does things different than Hyundai, good for them. Do I expect Hyundai to adjust their plan accordingly, no.
    We're all anxious for the product but Hyundai has a timeline in place and our anxiety isn't going to change that.
    Patience is a more stress free life, it's nice
    Pre-production, US-spec drives by who? I dont care about Canada previews, Australia previews, Korea previews, Europe previews, etc.
    rhawaiian13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Pre-production, US-spec drives by who? I dont care about Canada previews, Australia previews, Korea previews, Europe previews, etc.
    Really? You can't be serious now. You just cant be pleased. If there was a US spec pre-production preview, it wouldn't be the right color for you. The Korean spec is damn near identical to US and that's what most of the previews have been of. Not much will change, if any, for US spec. Do you really think a US pre-procuction spec preview is going to be drastically different than the Korean spec? No.

Oh, very convenient of you to quote me and not address most of the points I made, I see what you did there

Really? You can't be serious now. You just cant be pleased. If there was a US spec pre-production preview, it wouldn't be the right color for you. The Korean spec is damn near identical to US and that's what most of the previews have been of. Not much will change, if any, for US spec. Do you really think a US pre-procuction spec preview is going to be drastically different than the Korean spec? No.

Oh, very convenient of you to quote me and not address most of the points I made, I see what you did there
    Your doing the same thing... I see no reply to the matte paint and in all honesty could truly care less about what color the VT is that they test drive. Info on the matte paint could be thrown in with the preview and that is what I am hoping for.

Again, still no US spec test drives. I rest my case.

3 months and counting.

No Motortrend, Car&Driver, Road&Track... three months to go AT MOST and still nothing, nada, zilch.
    Last edited by Memphis; 05-15-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Hell I don't even care about pricing. I'm more upset about the lack of info on the matte paint at this point than anything.
    I too am a little upset with the lack of info, though I think we can use info from other countries if it is just the matte color you are concerned about.
    What we don't know is the exact info on how to care of the matte.
    What we do know is that it is going to be in the owner's manual (Sam).
    What I do know from reading from Korean blogs that the Matte will have separate version of the manual - a whole section just for the paint.
    What I hope now is for someone to leak that matte color care from Korea and translate it here for us forum readers.

I wasn't delving into what I was trying to get at very well brandon.

I'm simply upset that none of the reviews of this car say much about the matte paint and as of right now can only look to previews of the VT which are pretty much down to the US.

Your (you're) doing the same thing (I addressed all of your points line by line. All that's missing is the actual bullet points, comment 180)... I see no reply to the matte paint (it's not on me to surf for you and look back at comments. I'll help ya out though, it's on page 8, comment 176 ) and in all honesty could truly care less about what color the VT is that they test drive. Info on the matte paint could be thrown in with the preview and that is what I am hoping for. (your hopes and Hyundai's plan don't line up, first world problems, let's whine about it.)

Again, still no US spec test drives. I rest my case. (already addressed this, don't play naive final spec not possible yet and Korean pre-production spec nearly, if not, identical to US spec)

3 months and counting.

No Motortrend, Car&Driver, Road&Track... three months to go AT MOST and still nothing, nada, zilch.
    ---
    Last edited by tx_brandon; 05-15-2012 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverberet View Post
    I too am a little upset with the lack of info, though I think we can use info from other countries if it is just the matte color you are concerned about.
    What we don't know is the exact info on how to care of the matte.
    What we do know is that it is going to be in the owner's manual (Sam).
    What I do know from reading from Korean blogs that the Matte will have separate version of the manual - a whole section just for the paint.
    What I hope now is for someone to leak that matte color care from Korea and translate it here for us forum readers.
    We also don't know if there will be a special care form upon purchase. I agree someone needs to get on the ball with sharing that part of the manual with us.

I have a friend that is Korean that I could get to translate it for us but I don't have the manual or know where to get my hands on it....

If they release the precious matte paint care info June 1st, that'd be ~6 weeks ahead of release. PLENTY of time to make a decision about whether or not you want to deal with it. I guarantee that your viewpoint on their "too little info this far out" will have zero impact on sales. 99.9% of us are going to buy regardless if the info is released May 22, or June 13th. It just doesnt matter THAT much to me at least and I'd guess most of us. The sooner the better but is it too late at this point, nope.

---
    Post #176 answers nothing in regards to what post #181 and post #186 is trying to get at. I simplified what I was trying to talk about in post #186.

Post #189 answers nothing for me either. Truth be told, 99.9% of what other people buy is irrelevant to me because in the end I will be getting one as well.

I still would like to know, as I'm sure others do as well, how Hyundai is going to deal with a mass produced matte paint.
    Last edited by Memphis; 05-15-2012 at 01:41 AM.

Patience is a strong suit for me only when it doesn't involve something I want. JS

If they release the precious matte paint care info June 1st, that'd be ~6 weeks ahead of release. PLENTY of time to make a decision about whether or not you want to deal with it. I guarantee that your viewpoint on their "too little info this far out" will have zero impact on sales. 99.9% of us are going to buy regardless if the info is released May 22, or June 13th. It just doesnt matter THAT much to me at least and I'd guess most of us. The sooner the better but is it too late at this point, nope.
    Sam was suggesting Dr. Beasley's matte paint care product. You can probably start here: Matte Paint Care Myths: DEBUNKED |
    The website does have some information of taking care of matte paints, and some thorough explanation of scratches and stuff.

The article is right, if I do care enough for my car matte or non-matte, matte wouldn't be an issue for me.
    ...and yes, i was serious when i said i want matte because i'm too lazy to polish or wax my car. lol.
    Last edited by silverberet; 05-15-2012 at 02:04 AM.

Post #176 answers nothing in regards to what post #181 and post #186 is trying to get at. I simplified what I was trying to talk about in post #186.

Post #189 answers nothing for me either. Truth be told, 99.9% of what other people buy is irrelevant to me because in the end I will be getting one as well.

I still would like to know, as I'm sure others do as well, how Hyundai is going to deal with a mass produced matte paint.
    You can't be serious in saying that 176 answered nothing in regards to 181 and 186. Of course it doesnt. I dont predict what others are going to say and address it ahead of time, sorry. My post 176 was in response to your 175...you're insufferable.
    The fact that you would like to know is a different tune than your lack of patience. We'd all like to know, you just want it now or Hyundai is 'bad' or however you're portraying their handling of this. 99.9% is very relevant. Hyundai isn't as dumb as you'd like us to believe. If 99.9% of the potential Turbo buyers were up in arms about matte paint care not being released three months ahead of time (an impossible scenario to imagine by the way) I'm sure they'd release it. EVERY matte grey turbo will sell regardless of when they release the info and I guarantee you the care info will be released by Hyundai or elsewhere well ahead of delivery dates.

Wow, some of you are unbelievable. How many of you missed the thread that said the media review is on June 18th? That's when all your production VT and matte questions will be answered...

You might as well keep your stress bottled up till then.

Sent from my DROIDX
    rhawaiian13 and Valkyrie like this.
    2013 Veloster Turbo | Matte Gray | Ultimate Package

Quote Originally Posted by 1.6 T-GDI View Post
    Wow, some of you are unbelievable. How many of you missed the thread that said the media review is on June 18th? That's when all your production VT and matte questions will be answered...
    To be clear, we're not even sure they WILL be answered then. Force alluded to a large journalist pool with few cars and very little time in car for each of them. Based on that, its unclear what we'll be able to know that won't be coming from the same sources we're already getting it from. And that's not direct knowledge from an objective source.

But either way, in theory we might know more. I agree with both Brandon and Memphis. I agree that Hyundai has their timetable and they're sticking to it. That's fine. However, I also agree that it isn't good marketing compared to Ford. This is Hyundai's prerogative, though. In the end, Ford has a marketing department that is cutting edge, has won multiple accolades over the past few years, and knows how to extract information from engineering and get it past legal. They have some balls and vision. I don't expect Hyundai to be able to do that, but to be honest they do need to hop on it when it comes to information sharing and more transparency via social media if they want to keep up with the competition.

They aren't doing it wrong, they're just doing it old. Eventually that may bite them. For now, they have enough sweetheart media with them that it won't make a difference. As soon as they reach a level of competition where it matters, they'll need to adjust. I suspect they're still 3-5 years away from that point.

Anyway, carry on. I'm sure we'll know more as we move along. FWIW, I was unaware that the ST was moved up to "late summer". I thought it was "late 2012" last I looked. If it IS "late summer", then Hyundai better get on the ball.

If the VT media review is anything like the GC media review (which I don't see why it wouldn't be, since the VT is a "performance" version of their halo car), then we will be getting a ton of information and videos shortly after that date.

How many of you missed the thread that said the media review is on June 18th? That's when all your production VT and matte questions will be answered...
    Me, I missed it, thanks for the new news
    I've been out for a few days, life, truck, house, tree, roof, issues.....
    So June 18 can't come soon enough
    What exactly is this so called media review?
    Should I be planning to see stuff on sites like Jalopnik or should I plan on going to the Hyundai News site?
    3H2H1 = THREE HONDAS TO HYUNDAI ONE = 이것이 제 첫번째 현대 될 것이다

A PICTURE BELONGS HERE, PLEASE LET ME HAVE THAT, PLEASE...

Quote Originally Posted by 3H2H1 View Post
    Me, I missed it, thanks for the new news
    I've been out for a few days, life, truck, house, tree, roof, issues.....
    So June 18 can't come soon enough
    What exactly is this so called media review?
    Should I be planning to see stuff on sites like Jalopnik or should I plan on going to the Hyundai News site?
    The media review is where Hyundai puts up invited journalists from auto blogs like Car & Driver, Motortrend, etc, all over and has about 74,434,657 VTs all over the place for everyone to drive, give impressions, take videos and get all info released regarding production VTs.
    Valkyrie likes this.

The media review is where Hyundai puts up invited journalists from auto blogs like Car & Driver, Motortrend, etc, all over and has about 74,434,657 VTs all over the place for everyone to drive, give impressions, take videos and get all info released regarding production VTs.

So in simple terms, come 6/18 we should finally start getting real details, cool, thanks, hmmm, it's a Monday
    3H2H1 = THREE HONDAS TO HYUNDAI ONE = 이것이 제 첫번째 현대 될 것이다

A PICTURE BELONGS HERE, PLEASE LET ME HAVE THAT, PLEASE...

Quote Originally Posted by 3H2H1 View Post
    So in simple terms, come 6/18 we should finally start getting real details, cool, thanks, hmmm, it's a Monday
    Well, everything will be done on June 18th, but I think Hyundai has an info embargo on those reviews until a few days later... that way everybody gets a chance to get their reviews out at the same time.

Tech specs might come out that day, but not the actual reviews or videos.

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements