NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Dealer confirmed: Canada 2013 Veloster Turbo production in May, available June/July

We need some resident Koreans to be scoping out the news about the VT over there, e.g. how it's received by the public, reviews, etc. It should be fairly comparable to ours, and would be a better more concrete source of information than people speculating based off of random figures like BRZ's #s or random unverified articles about the VT in Australia or Europe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Do we know for sure about the colours yet? I heard early rumors amout some Kona Orange colour, but most of the post since say white, blue, red, silver, grey and black

We know jack and his little bastard of a friend, sheet.

Sent from my DROIDX

Quote Originally Posted by TheZlog View Post
    ^Is this towards me? I actually wasn't attempting to stir up trouble there. I was actually intending on buying a 2012 Focus but kept getting a lot of dealer run around. When the official pricing came out, the MSRP for the configuration I wanted was $26.4k before taxes :| I actually discovered the Veloster walking out of that Ford dealership - one was parked next to my car. Probably saved me making an expensive mistake.
    I was originally looking at the focus as well, SE or SEL with the winter package and sync. with the 2500 in rebates they had last month, it was veery tempting, but I ended up going with my gut on the Veloster (and paying MSRP, ouch). don't regret a thing its a great car and its fun to drive stick again.

Just talked with the internet manager of Atlantic Hyundai which is the highest volume dealer in US (according to them). He said they are expecting first deliveries late spring early summer. I know this info clashes with what the omnipotent Force has said but i just thought I would throw it into the mix here. Taken with not a grain of salt but a whole shaker....

Yes, Atlantic Hyundai is the top volume dealer in the US (for the past 5+ years IIRC), but I'll have to believe Force and what I've heard elsewhere over them. From what I'm hearing the Elantra GT and Santa Fe Sport should be here about the same time as the Turbo - mid/late summer.

For what it's worth, model codes are now showing for the '13 Veloster & Veloster turbo - 2 M/T and 2 Auto models for each. The model code for the red/black interior is gone for '13, as well as the Electrolyte Green color, so anyone looking for either should jump on a '12 when they find one.

2013 Elite White Veloster Turbo M/T with Ultimate Package | 2009 CBR 600RA (RR w/ABS)

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKinFLL View Post
    Yes, Atlantic Hyundai is the top volume dealer in the US (for the past 5+ years IIRC), but I'll have to believe Force and what I've heard elsewhere over them. From what I'm hearing the Elantra GT and Santa Fe Sport should be here about the same time as the Turbo - mid/late summer.

Santa Fe is being announced as Fall and GT and Turbo for Summer. I hate this lack of solid info crap

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKinFLL View Post
    For what it's worth, model codes are now showing for the '13 Veloster & Veloster turbo - 2 M/T and 2 Auto models for each. The model code for the red/black interior is gone for '13, as well as the Electrolyte Green color, so anyone looking for either should jump on a '12 when they find one.
    So there won't be a Base/Style/Tech anymore for the NAV and only 2 of them? Interesting.
    2013 Veloster Turbo | Matte Gray | Ultimate Package

Makes sense for hyundai to consolidate the v lineup. I just wonder what options the top na v will have compared to the base vt. And aside from what we already know regarding vt options/features, will there be any vt exclusive options that 2012 styles/techs have? Base and ultimate trims for both models with the na ultimate not as nicely equipped as the vt ultimate?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    Current Vehicle: Darth Vader aka 2013 Black Veloster Turbo (Base w/ Manual Trans)
    Fun Car: 1999 Mazda Miata (5spd Manual Trans)

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis Rotary View Post
    Makes sense for hyundai to consolidate the v lineup. I just wonder what options the top na v will have compared to the base vt. And aside from what we already know regarding vt options/features, will there be any vt exclusive options that 2012 styles/techs have? Base and ultimate trims for both models with the na ultimate not as nicely equipped as the vt ultimate?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Again, we have no details of anything, force is sworn upon death itself to not share anything until its time

Quote Originally Posted by 1ceTr0n View Post
    Again, we have no details of anything, force is sworn upon death itself to not share anything until its time
    I wasn't asking those questions expecting factual answers...I know we wont get answers this soon.
    Just trying to spark more conversation by posting "what ifs" in the form of questions.
    Current Vehicle: Darth Vader aka 2013 Black Veloster Turbo (Base w/ Manual Trans)
    Fun Car: 1999 Mazda Miata (5spd Manual Trans)

Quote Originally Posted by velochris View Post
    I just spoke with two dealers in my area (Ottawa, Canada) after getting an e-mail from a sales guy who helped me with my Veloster test drive back in September. Here's what I gathered:

1) Because Canada is out of regular Velosters across the country (I'm sure there's some left, but not what you'd call a reasonable level of stock) they're moving the Turbo production up the schedule to May. Both dealers said the Hyundai has communicated to them that they're producing in May.

2) Delivery will be end of June, beginning of July. All depends on who gets their model first, and barring any shipping delays.

3) Both dealers are taking waiting list orders with a refundable deposit. ($500) They admitted they would be 3% within MSRP, which is their standard for volume cars.

4) It's unknown if the Turbo will simply be the Turbo trim in Canada. In the US the Veloster had 3 trims (base, style, tech), while we had 2. (base and tech) My money is on a single Turbo trim. With the production schedule changes + demand, I expect they'll keep it simple as they know they'll move them all. (no need for a base Turbo and a tech Turbo, etc...)

5) Pricing isn't known yet, but they know it's supposed to slot in under the Genesis coupe. That's $26K in Canada. I expect a $25,000/25,500 price tag.

6) No clue when I'll get to pick my order color or trim.

I assume they have to move the Turbo production up because the plant that manufactures the regular Veloster also produces the Turbo, and they can't quickly switch between building either/or. (cost effectively) Once they build a batch of Turbos, they'll go back to the 2013 Veloster. (probably for the Fall, which puts it inline with the Fall launch of the 2012 last year) So moving production up to May means the Turbo sooner, but also the 2013 Veloster sooner as well.

Sorry if this was covered in another lengthy thread. I have barely contributed to the forum since signing up, so I hope this helps.

velochris
    My dealer told me the exact same timeline today.

It's true, my sales rep gave me the same timeline when I put down the deposit yesterday.
    BrokenEars

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Aqua" 2013 Veloster Turbo Blue Ocean | Ultimate Package | Black Leather Seats
    Diode Dynamics Stage 2 LED Kit | H7 Osram Nightbreakers
    Llumar ForumlaOne Tint Pinnacle- 40% Front | 30% Back | 15% Sunroof | 3M VentureShield Utlra Protection
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenEars View Post
    It's true, my sales rep gave me the same timeline when I put down the deposit yesterday.
    I wish we had some info about the states. A local dealer in my area (south FL) had no clue about the turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
    I wish we had some info about the states. A local dealer in my area (south FL) had no clue about the turbo.
    Same here in my area. A dealer called me yesterday to let me know they had 2013 Genesis Coupes in stock... I said I was interested in Veloster Turbo and if they had any info on that... they were clueless.
    2013 Veloster Turbo | Matte Gray | Ultimate Package

As I mentioned earlier, a regional rep that happened to be at one of the dealerships here corroborated with the Canadian dealers here and said he expected the cars to begin showing in late June/early July. This was a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Eephus Man View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, a regional rep that happened to be at one of the dealerships here corroborated with the Canadian dealers here and said he expected the cars to begin showing in late June/early July. This was a couple of weeks ago.
    So the US and Canada can be expected to have the same timeline? Great

Quote Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
    So the US and Canada can be expected to have the same timeline? Great
    I haven't the slightest, but based on that regional rep's info, it sounds very similar.

I think 25k for the turbo is too much. That's 6k more than the base that already has lots of options.

Quote Originally Posted by Velo613 View Post
    I think 25k for the turbo is too much. That's 6k more than the base that already has lots of options.
    I'd be stunned if a base turbo is $25K. I think that'll be approaching fully loaded @ MSRP. #wildguess

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements