NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Veloster Turbo 2014 Release Date

Veloster Turbo 2014 Release Date

Getting ready to purchase a Veloster Turbo and I'm wondering how close we are to the 2014's. I've noticed that the 2013's are disappearing rapidly. Don't know if I should jump now or wait....actually I don't even know if there's much out there right now, might have no choice but to wait. Anyway any info at all on a possible release date? When were the 2013's released?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Rumors say its Rspec. Im glad I stuck with my NAV and didn't trade up to VT because then I'll be pissed about the RSpec coming out. There will always be something better.......
    mjdamico44 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stageron View Post
    Getting ready to purchase a Veloster Turbo and I'm wondering how close we are to the 2014's. I've noticed that the 2013's are disappearing rapidly. Don't know if I should jump now or wait....actually I don't even know if there's much out there right now, might have no choice but to wait. Anyway any info at all on a possible release date? When were the 2013's released?
    Thanks in advance.
    I would wait for the 2014 at this point... Even if there's only minor improvements, I think it'd be worth the wait... And of course there are rumors that there are going to be some significant improvements, and possibly an R-Spec version.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan280 View Post
    Rumors say its Rspec. Im glad I stuck with my NAV and didn't trade up to VT because then I'll be pissed about the RSpec coming out. There will always be something better.......
    Huh? That's a misguided statement if you ask me. a 2013 VT is still far superior to an NAV. I'm not trying to bash on the NAV, but to say that you'd rather have an NAV over a 2013 VT just because 2014 MIGHT have an R-Spec version is sort of asinine, unless you were considering trading your NAV for a VT and are simply going to wait for a 2014 in lieu of the possibility of there being an R-Spec version.
    2013 Veloster Turbo | M/T Marathon Blue | Base | Solo Exhaust | Tint

He clearly wants the top-of-the-line with regards to performance. How is that 'asinine' and much less 'misguided'? The guy said he's glad he didnt trade for the VT and then realize an R-Spec was coming a year later. How does this not make sense? He is glad he didnt trade in the least performing model for a mid level performance model now that he knows the top performing model will be out a year after (assuming an R-Spec would be significantly different). Also, financially, it is much easier to trade a 2 year old vehicle than one that is a year or less old.

Trust me, if an RXRR Spec model came out, there will be those that would be pissed they got the single R.

why i say research what you want and don't impulse shop.
    Last edited by wemay; 07-26-2013 at 10:48 AM.
    Jan280 likes this.

Yes the RSepc will have a lowered suspension & like a couple more features. Nothing Major.

What's up with these NAV ownners that say they didn't want the Turbo Version, then add every bolt on possible & try to Hang with the VT's??? That just silly to say something like that. Just speak the truth. It may not have been in the Finances at the time, no shame in that. Me personally can not live just stock, so I purchased the VT knowing that it doesn't look like most stock cars, nor perform like one. I don't have the ends to MOD it the way I would like, but I am very pleased with it so far. So glad I did my research before buying...100% satisfied
    wemay likes this.

JGunz18 -
    Absolutely true to some degree, but there are those that truly did not want a VT for what ever reason but would like a little more exhaust and/or intake sound... I've never heard of someone that added these bolt-ons to hang with the VT. If so, they are ridiculous.

no way any bolted on NA is going to even touch a stock V.

that being said... i want to trade up sooner than later, but may not.
    mjdamico44 and wemay like this.
    2012 Boston Red Veloster NA Base Manual BTRcc tuned 167whp / 138wtq SOLD!

2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual

As for me I wish my nav was turbo but I like my body style more than the turbo.with the nav I got to choose how to design to my liking not hyundai way. For some reason I heard more people complain about there vt's than people who own their v's.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

r spec is decontended turbo.

does not contain any performance parts.
    sold the car...

SFR tuned ECU for sale. Manual Trans only $600 shipped within 48 states. Warrantied by SFR.

This is all great info but back to my original question.... Does anyone know when they may be coming out...Sept? Oct? When was the 2013 released? That may give us an idea of what month.
    MTD and wemay like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stageron View Post
    This is all great info but back to my original question.... Does anyone know when they may be coming out...Sept? Oct? When was the 2013 released? That may give us an idea of what month.
    Nobody knows for sure yet.

The 2013's started arriving to dealers in July/August of 2012.
    2013 Veloster Turbo | M/T Marathon Blue | Base | Solo Exhaust | Tint

Thanks, hopefully we'll be seeing 2014's by September.

The gc rspec is available in both turbo and v6 forms. In either case, youre not getting extra power with the rspec trim.... My guess is that if the vt gets an rspec trim, itll get better brakes, suspension, wider wheels/tires, maybe lsd, maybe exhaust (which should add some power)....

Current Vehicle: Darth Vader aka 2013 Black Veloster Turbo (Base w/ Manual Trans)
    Mods: Turbosocks SRI,Turbosocks Baffle Delete Pipe & Upper Clutch Switch Mod

There is a driver for every version -- I truly am the driver for the NAV. I don't need turbo, and I won't need Rspec.
    MTD, kimtyson, wemay and 1 others like this.

MTD
    The current VT has only been out for a year, so I cant see any significant changes aside from the many a new colour or very slight changes to the options.

R-Spec is still a rumour. No confirmation from any reliable sources at this time. Much like the R-Spec Gen Coupes, it would be a base model with some performance parts. Me personally, I wouldnt want to sacrifice the nicer options my VT has for some shiny parts

Id look for a 13 now. There are deals to be found with Hyundai offering lower interest rates, cash back offers and probably just better deals to clear them out. You wont find any deals on a brand new 14. Only problem would be finding a 13. Hyundai probably isnt building anymore 13 VT's, so whatever is out there is it.
    Renesis Rotary likes this.
    '13 VT

Got my 2013 NAV last July, if that tells you anything. I'd wait and get a newer model year. That makes it worth more when selling\trading.

Quote Originally Posted by JGunz18 View Post
    Yes the RSepc will have a lowered suspension & like a couple more features. Nothing Major.

What's up with these NAV ownners that say they didn't want the Turbo Version, then add every bolt on possible & try to Hang with the VT's??? That just silly to say something like that. Just speak the truth. It may not have been in the Finances at the time, no shame in that. Me personally can not live just stock, so I purchased the VT knowing that it doesn't look like most stock cars, nor perform like one. I don't have the ends to MOD it the way I would like, but I am very pleased with it so far. So glad I did my research before buying...100% satisfied
    I have a CAI and exhaust and other mods on my NAV but not because I want to hang out with the Turbo's but because I enjoy my car for what it is.
    RPW00Mirage, wemay and SKITZ like this.
    Selling my parts: exLED headlights $450, tsw nurburgring rims $450, Turbokits Axle Back exhaust $300, exLED bumper reflectors $100.

Quote Originally Posted by JGunz18 View Post
    when i bought my NAV the Turbo model was a year out. i wasnt gonna wait a year to get a new car so i bought what was available. besides a fully loaded VT is just 2k less than what i bought my Evo X brand new for(i got an amazing deal when the economy crashed).

Yeah, some of the builds are very hard to get, it took a week for my dealer to find a VT, manual with Ultimate package... I got $1500 in rebates and a great rate... I'm happy with my 13!

I just visited the dealership inquiring about the turbo and if they had any on their lot. They told me they don't get very many, maybe 2 at a time, and they are gone within the week if not days. He also told me they stop production for a little while when they had the recall on the moonroof with the shattering problem. Then he went on to say they have been getting emails about get ready for 2014 model releases. He didn't know when and was waiting on more info, but in his opinion felt the 2013 turbos would continue to role in very slowly because of the trasition to 2014.

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements