NEWS
 

  1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 92
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Veloster Turbo 2014 Release Date

  1. #21
    Senior Member jkt1954's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by White Lightning View Post
    I just visited the dealership inquiring about the turbo and if they had any on their lot. They told me they don't get very many, maybe 2 at a time, and they are gone within the week if not days. He also told me they stop production for a little while when they had the recall on the moonroof with the shattering problem. Then he went on to say they have been getting emails about get ready for 2014 model releases. He didn't know when and was waiting on more info, but in his opinion felt the 2013 turbos would continue to role in very slowly because of the trasition to 2014.
    Total Veloster sales for July 2013 were again less than 3,000 in the U.S. (2,868 total per the Hyundai home page news today). They sold 23,000+ Elantras, though. There is no indication that there is any design change in either the exterior or interior for 2014. Since Velosters are excellently retaining their value, I would wait for a 2014 because there will not be much of a mark down -- unless the car comes with less, then maybe the 2013 might look better.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements
     

  3. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5
    I think the reason that sales are less than 3,000 is beacause nobody can find what they want. I just ordered my 2013 Veloster Turbo with the Ultimate package and auto transmission from West Broad Hyundai here in Richmond VA. Its going to take until the end of August to get here. I have a V.I.N. number and all the specs on the car but its still in transit from Korea. I had to go to 4 local dealers before any of them could even find and ultimate Turbo. I didnt wait on the 2014 because I got my White Turbo Ultimate with AT out the door for $25,000 with floor mats,cargo net,and homelink rear view mirror. I will never get that deal on a 2014 because the MSRP on that car was $27.030. So what Im saying is, if you can find one now then you can probably get a deal on it. At least that was my experience.

  4. #23
    Member Kenster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    67
    Its almost the end of the year. I would wait for the 2014 models, if you dont need a new car now. Why get a last year model? :/
    2013 Veloster Turbo - Ironman Silver - A/T

  5. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    189
    Hmmmm, we have just under half a year to go still here in aus

  6. #25
    Senior Member jkt1954's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by merkey View Post
    I think the reason that sales are less than 3,000 is beacause nobody can find what they want. I just ordered my 2013 Veloster Turbo with the Ultimate package and auto transmission from West Broad Hyundai here in Richmond VA. Its going to take until the end of August to get here. I have a V.I.N. number and all the specs on the car but its still in transit from Korea. I had to go to 4 local dealers before any of them could even find and ultimate Turbo. I didnt wait on the 2014 because I got my White Turbo Ultimate with AT out the door for $25,000 with floor mats,cargo net,and homelink rear view mirror. I will never get that deal on a 2014 because the MSRP on that car was $27.030. So what Im saying is, if you can find one now then you can probably get a deal on it. At least that was my experience.
    The Veloster has never sold more than 3,600 units in any month since they began selling in September 2011. It's not that they don't sell well -- they sell VERY well. There are not many unsold Velosters on any of Hyundai's showroom floors. They just don't produce many. The same goes for the Genesis -- this month sold slightly less than the Veloster, and I guess that it for the 4 door and coupe models combined.

  7. #26
    Senior Member wemay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    174
    One good reason to get a 2013 now is because it will keep its miles per year very low. Once 2014 hits, if you avg 1000 miles per month, that's only 4000 miles on a 2013 car vs someone who bought a 2013 in sept of 2012, averaging the same 1000 miles per month, or 16000 for a 2013 car. Which one do you think has better resale value.

  8. #27
    Member Kenster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    67
    I would still wait. 2 members on here have indicated that the R-Spec models will be released. One works for Hyundai and the other member confirmed it. Plus there might be little improvements on the turbo that may be worth while.
    Last edited by Kenster; 08-01-2013 at 10:20 PM.

  9. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by wemay View Post
    One good reason to get a 2013 now is because it will keep its miles per year very low. Once 2014 hits, if you avg 1000 miles per month, that's only 4000 miles on a 2013 car vs someone who bought a 2013 in sept of 2012, averaging the same 1000 miles per month, or 16000 for a 2013 car. Which one do you think has better resale value.
    The newer car will. Given the Same mileage, why would a car that is 1 year older be worth me? Think about it.
    2013 Veloster Turbo | M/T Marathon Blue | Base | Solo Exhaust | Tint

  10. #29
    Member Scorpionx13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Posts
    30
    even if the R-spec model is a complete hoax.. I doubt they would leave the engine and suspension and everything the way it is. its not a civic.. its a new model, its bound to change.

    id hold off....... if you can

    2013 Ironman VT
    [finished] Window tint
    [_] Front plate delete






  11. #30
    Senior Member jkt1954's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    2,075
    If the Genesis Coupe can go R-Spec then I don't see why the Veloster won't. It ups the price by about $2,000. You'll look at lower mpg's, higher horses and torque accordingly. I just wish Hyundai would "mainstream" these two cars and produce 4 or 5 times more of them.

  12. #31
    Member Kenster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    67
    Toyota released their 2014 Scion tC. I guess Hyundai will release the 2014 Veloster pretty soon.

    Scion tC vs. Hyundai Veloster | Comparison | Scion.com
    2013 Veloster Turbo - Ironman Silver - A/T

  13. #32
    Senior Member Bsadle1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by jkt1954 View Post
    If the Genesis Coupe can go R-Spec then I don't see why the Veloster won't. It ups the price by about $2,000. You'll look at lower mpg's, higher horses and torque accordingly. I just wish Hyundai would "mainstream" these two cars and produce 4 or 5 times more of them.
    I disagree. For one. I like having a car that every body and their mom doesn't have. And 2, that's why they hold their value. High demand. Low supply. Simple economics.

    I guarantee in 2 years if say the msrp on both were the same my 2012 V would be worth more than a 2012 elantra with the same mileage. Why???? Because there are not very many Vs. where as elantras are a dime a dozen


    Sent from AutoGuide.com App
    Scorpionx13 likes this.

  14. #33
    Junior Member stageron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11
    I decided not to wait and pulled the trigger on a 2013 Turbo, black, manual, standard package. It was the last manual in stock, all the other dealers in my area had very very limited amount of Turbos with manual transmissions. Also got $2300 off the sticker so all in all I think I made the right choice..... By the way the car is unbelievable!
    Dino64 and Renesis Rotary like this.

  15. #34
    Junior Member davedarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    17
    I have ordered a 2014 VT last week. The dealership said that they will have it for me in the middle of Sept.

  16. #35
    Member Kenster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by davedarr View Post
    I have ordered a 2014 VT last week. The dealership said that they will have it for me in the middle of Sept.
    Can you tell us the spec of it?
    2013 Veloster Turbo - Ironman Silver - A/T

  17. #36
    Senior Member rt44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by jkt1954 View Post
    Total Veloster sales for July 2013 were again less than 3,000 in the U.S. (2,868 total per the Hyundai home page news today). They sold 23,000+ Elantras, though. There is no indication that there is any design change in either the exterior or interior for 2014. Since Velosters are excellently retaining their value, I would wait for a 2014 because there will not be much of a mark down -- unless the car comes with less, then maybe the 2013 might look better.
    Where did you get those sales numbers? I'm really curious about how many mattes were produced and sold in the u.s. id like to see just how rare they really are. Anyone know if theyre doing matte for 14?

  18. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Columbus,Ga
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by rt44 View Post
    Where did you get those sales numbers? I'm really curious about how many mattes were produced and sold in the u.s. id like to see just how rare they really are. Anyone know if theyre doing matte for 14?
    Hyundai Veloster Sales Figures - GOOD CAR BAD CAR
    2013 VT Vitamin C with ​20% tint

  19. #38
    Senior Member rt44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    338
    Is that just veloster, or includes vt?

  20. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Columbus,Ga
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by rt44 View Post
    Is that just veloster, or includes vt?
    That's all Velosters. The VT is probably less than a third of those numbers..if I had to guess.
    2013 VT Vitamin C with ​20% tint

  21. #40
    Junior Member davedarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    17
    Dealership did not know what specs for any change....and the color I have ordered is matte gray

  22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements
     

Similar Threads

  1. 2014 VT expected release?
    By Joesyah in forum Hyundai Veloster Turbo Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-20-2013, 10:28 AM
  2. Turbo Australian Release Date?
    By Gibbering Fool in forum Australia
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 07:50 AM
  3. Veloster Turbo Release Date
    By cjsays in forum Hyundai Veloster General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 10:03 AM
  4. Release date guessing game 2.0
    By dholcombe in forum Hyundai Veloster General Discussion
    Replies: 477
    Last Post: 09-18-2011, 02:36 PM
  5. Hyundai Veloster release date
    By veloster in forum Hyundai Veloster General Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 10:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2