NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 500-HP 4-Cyl ?

500-HP 4-Cyl ?

How is it possible to get that much HP out of a 4 cylinder? Is it a bigger turbo charger (LOL)? I want one.

CLICK HERE for 500hpwww.thetorquereport.com/2011/02/chicago_11_2012_hyundai_velost.html
    Concerned? Call Hyundai Consumer Relations 1-800-633-5151

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Its also allwheel drive!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    Ark Performance Wide Body Veloster [1/15 production kits]
    Nextmod ARK PerformanceWired Ridez10fintec Velocity AutobodyMoose Knuckles Canada

GTA Veloster

If you wanted to buy his cars.

http://rhys-millen-racing.myshopify..../cars-for-sale

Sent from my GT-N7100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    Darren likes this.
    Ark Performance Wide Body Veloster [1/15 production kits]
    Nextmod ARK PerformanceWired Ridez10fintec Velocity AutobodyMoose Knuckles Canada

GTA Veloster

MTD
    Money, thats how. Big turbo, race gas, lots of titanium and forged parts. A motor like that isnt designed to run for 100,000 miles either.
    '13 VT

Mmmmhmmmm titanium
    Cookie Monster-2013 Marathon Blue Veloster Turbo-Auto-Converted To Blue Interior,BD Customs FMIC, 2.5 in. Catless DP & CAI, NGM Coilovers, Hi/Lo/Fog HIDS, LEDS, Magnaflow Exhaust,Forge BOV,65A Poly Engine Mounts,Poly Exhaust Hangers,Import Shark STB,Maintec Torsion Bar, "Veloster Turbo" Acrylic Plates,Gold Rota P45 18x8 Kuhmo 4X 225/40/18s,Sequence Devil Claws,KDM Headlights, Weathertech Mats And Visors, TurboXS Billet Oil Cap

2009 Performance White Shelby GT500-725 Rwhp 676 Rwtrq- SOLD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

this car has a 2.0T
    Keep it gangster.

That would be an amazing experience racing that car! The last pic of the veloster looks like a giant fan behind a radiator, what is that cooling? Or is it just a big fan to pull air through the car to benefit the driver? From this website: Rhys Millen Racing — Cars For Sale

As far as hp goes, I've read of others(it was in a magazine, I can't remember who it was) claiming 780 hp on a small 2.4 L engine; although, I believe it was 8 cylinders, still a ton of power out of a tiny engine.
    Darren likes this.

OH man id kill for the WRC accent hes selling.

I have been I'm a 700+whp integra before. It was seriously amazing. Lost traction in 5th gear on the freeway. Supposedly it ran 10.50 in the 1/4

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

There's tons of 500+ HP I4 cars on the road today. It's not a hard milestone to reach by any means anymore. Reminds me of some of the Velosters I saw at SEMA this year.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by tidybowl View Post
    I have been I'm a 700+whp integra before. It was seriously amazing. Lost traction in 5th gear on the freeway. Supposedly it ran 10.50 in the 1/4

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
    If a 700+ hp integra is only running a 10. 50 hes either babying it, cant drive it, cant hook up or lying.
    Cookie Monster-2013 Marathon Blue Veloster Turbo-Auto-Converted To Blue Interior,BD Customs FMIC, 2.5 in. Catless DP & CAI, NGM Coilovers, Hi/Lo/Fog HIDS, LEDS, Magnaflow Exhaust,Forge BOV,65A Poly Engine Mounts,Poly Exhaust Hangers,Import Shark STB,Maintec Torsion Bar, "Veloster Turbo" Acrylic Plates,Gold Rota P45 18x8 Kuhmo 4X 225/40/18s,Sequence Devil Claws,KDM Headlights, Weathertech Mats And Visors, TurboXS Billet Oil Cap

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by gt800 View Post
    If a 700+ hp integra is only running a 10. 50 hes either babying it, cant drive it, cant hook up or lying.
    Not necessarily. There's a lot more at play than just driver variables. Build a motor on a drag car without touching the suspension, chassis, or drive train and you got all the ingredients for a car with low ETs and high trap speed

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
    Mike

it cant hook up. its a street car, not a track car. I know it makes 700hp, i was at the shop to get my MS3 dyno'd when i got the ride and it was on the dyno before me.

Heck my 252 whp N/A GSR shreds the street tires 1-3 and chirps hard into 4th gear (street car) and I run low 13's almost high 12's all day long... 700 hp in a street car without everything else to go along with it must be a hell of a hoot to drive, that's for sure!
    Darren likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroscout977 View Post
    Not necessarily. There's a lot more at play than just driver variables. Build a motor on a drag car without touching the suspension, chassis, or drive train and you got all the ingredients for a car with low ETs and high trap speed

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
    Thats why i included cant hook up. A car that light with that kind of power needs a tremendous amount of suspension and tire to put it down to the ground.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ive seen NA civics under 10 seconds
    Keep it gangster.

Thats why i included cant hook up. A car that light with that kind of power needs a tremendous amount of suspension and tire to put it down to the ground.
    Dyslexia: 1
    Me: 0
    Mike

just wanted to join in on this i had a 450hp turbo civic was extremly fun but sucks when up burn up a $400 set of tires in less than 2000miles to keep the poweron the ground..but when i sold the setup to a friend, hes used my ecu and trans on a different motor and turbo and dynoed at 615, never rode in a car that could break traction at 70mph in 5th gear and not stop until you were 140plus scary, but maybe one day we will be pushing 400hp like its nothing in the Vts, sooner than later hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroscout977 View Post
    Dyslexia: 1
    Me: 0
    Its all good.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

go provideo of the 600hp carmentioned above, was an integra, car its racing is a full race civic with 700+hp

http://<object width="1280" height="...lt;/object>

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements