1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Hyundai Veloster Reverse/Backup LED Bulbs! Plug & Play Install! Ships Same-Day!

I installed my stage 1 version today and what a difference! The light is cleaner and appears brighter. Using the backup camera at night is incredible. Much easier to see. Very quick shipping and awesome customer service! You can't go wrong with Diode Dynamics!
    Marathon Blue w/ tech package

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Thanks for the review!

-Michelle
    DIODE DYNAMICS
    Performance Lighting Upgrades

Click For: -Veloster Lighting Upgrades-

Support your Veloster.org Lighting Sponsor!

Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1366082683.715753.jpg
Views: 1185
Size:  127.0 KB

Reverse bulbs (stage 1) look amazing. Much easier to see curbs while backing up (if you parallel park a lot). Definitely worth purchasing! The license plate bulbs are not from Diode Dynamics. I ordered a pair but one was not working so I'm emailing them now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    2013 Century White Veloster Base 6MT *Click For Thread*
    Ark DT-S Exhaust | Ark GT-S Springs | Ark Strut Bar | Injen CAI | Avant Garde M310 18x8.5 | ArtX Spoiler
    Kenwood Excelon 10" Subwoofer | RE Audio DTX-2000.1 Amplifier | OEM Turbo Headlights | Diode Dynamics HIDs

My left license plate light is flickering and hasn't stopped since 3 days ago. Is it covered under warranty or do I ha e to order a replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Jan280 View Post
    My left license plate light is flickering and hasn't stopped since 3 days ago. Is it covered under warranty or do I ha e to order a replacement?
    Our LED bulbs have a 1 year warranty from purchase. You can fill out an RMA request from our website.

-Garrick
    DIODE DYNAMICS

Quote Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
    ...we do not jack up the prices to astronomical levels...
    Really? Your Stage 2 is what I have in my car. Or at least it looks similar. Looking straight at them will blind you.

I got them from my light guy (does HIDs, interior LEDs, every automotive light in existence) for $10 each. Installed. (Not that they're hard to install anyways)

So how exactly do you jump from $20 (where he's still making a profit) to $60, plus $5 shipping? I could buy three sets and still be better off.

I'd like an explanation of what makes DD's LED lights so special that they are worth 3x the price I paid for mine.

The floor is yours...
    ---
    2012 Triathlon Grey MT w/Tech Package
    - Full Front 6000k HID
    - LED Interior
    - LED Reverse Lights
    - Hood & Grill 3M Vinyl Wrap
    - ImportShark Front Strut Bar

"The Journey is The Reward..."

Our LEDs come in different stages of brightness to fit your all of your needs!

-Nick C.
    Excellent. That does nothing to answer my question though.

Sent from my S3
    ---
    - Full Front 6000k HID
    - LED Interior
    - LED Reverse Lights

I'm sure you do. But once again, this is simply avoiding my question. I think it's a fair question.

Care to send out a response?

Sent from my S3
    ---
    - Full Front 6000k HID
    - LED Interior
    - LED Reverse Lights

Quote Originally Posted by velociraptor View Post
    I'm sure you do. But once again, this is simply avoiding my question. I think it's a fair question.

Care to send out a response?

Sent from my S3
    Sorry I didn't respond sooner, my alerts weren't working correctly.

Let me clarify things for you,

We sell a high-quality product at a fair price. Sure, you can easily purchase LEDs/HIDs cheaper from a small eBay retailer, but they won't stand behind their products, they won't be there to answer any and all questions you have about them. They won't take the time to make sure you are satisfied with their product, and they definitely won't send you a replacement with a return shipping label included for your convenience.

You can buy LEDs/HIDs from them multiple times and hassle with replacing them out all the time, or you can buy from us once and have the comfort of knowing they will work right the first time, and be BRIGHT!

In this industry, you get what you pay for. However with Diode Dynamics, you get what you pay for and then some. We are honest about our products and we are passionate about taking care of our customers.

Also, *despite a few glitches due to missed alerts lol* I will always be here to make sure your questions are answered and you get exactly what you are looking for.

For future reference, send me a PM or email us: contact@diodedynamics.com

I try my best to help everyone all the time, but sometimes questions are missed.

I appreciate your questions about our company, and I hope you choose us in the future. We love customers that ask us the tough questions and want to learn more!

Thank you,

Nick C.
    Sales Manager
    Diode Dynamics
    DIODE DYNAMICS

very...VERY BRIGHT Stage 2 LEDs btw

Nick C.
    DIODE DYNAMICS

Understood. Thanks for the response!

I can definitely attest to ebay sellers being somewhat unreliable. However, my light guy stands behind his products. Of the more than a dozen lights I've bought from him over the years, one had an issue (after over a year). It was replaced for free and without issue.

I guess him coming to my place and personally replacing the defective light (with a newer, better style) within two days is on par with your return shipping label approach. However, it still brings the cost question up.

I have a great warranty (one call and it's fixed), great reliability, selection of any light available and even free installation. All for much less than DD.

As such I still have to wonder about the pricing of your products.

Sent from my S3
    ---
    - Full Front 6000k HID
    - LED Interior
    - LED Reverse Lights

It sounds like you got very lucky.

We could sell backup bulbs for $20 if we wanted to. Why not? Our bulbs cost more than $20/pair. Why?

Your bulbs are not the same as the bulbs we sell.
    They may look the same, but one of the biggest misconceptions with LEDs is that if the bulb looks the same when it's off, it'll look the same when it's on. Could we supply cheaper bulbs? Yes. Our bulbs use genuine Samsung and CREE components, not knockoffs, resulting in higher quality and a brighter light. How do I know that? Because I've been doing this for 6 years, worked with over 40 different manufacturers of LEDs, and sold tens of thousands of LED bulbs.

"eBay quality" is generally about 10% failure in the first year, whether partial or total. Yeah, if you get lucky, they may last forever for you. Maybe it's worth buying a couple bulbs knowing that you may have to replace them.

We have strict quality control, and currently only offer bulbs that have lower than 3.5% failure rate in the first year (and we have been lowering that number over the years). While you got lucky, we deal with over a hundred customers a day, and our goal is to make sure every single one has zero issues. eBay sellers can deal with negative feedback since there is no brand reputation, but we must provide higher quality, which means higher costs.

Our bulbs are competitively priced based on the quality and level of service. Our primary competitor sells a similar bulb for $99/set.

If you're happy with your eBay seller, please feel free to keep shopping with them. However, please stop comparing your bulbs to ours. They are not the same product. If you have any further questions, please direct them to me via PM.

Thanks,
    Paul
    Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 08-14-2013 at 08:09 PM.
    Pandemonium likes this.
    DIODE DYNAMICS

I'll be interested in your product Diode, just picked up my VT last week. Where do I begin?! Haha

It sounds like you got very lucky.

We could sell backup bulbs for $20 if we wanted to. Why not? Our bulbs cost more than $20/pair. Why?

Your bulbs are not the same as the bulbs we sell.
    They may look the same, but one of the biggest misconceptions with LEDs is that if the bulb looks the same when it's off, it'll look the same when it's on. Could we supply cheaper bulbs? Yes. Our bulbs use genuine Samsung and CREE components, not knockoffs, resulting in higher quality and a brighter light. How do I know that? Because I've been doing this for 6 years, worked with over 40 different manufacturers of LEDs, and sold tens of thousands of LED bulbs.

"eBay quality" is generally about 10% failure in the first year, whether partial or total. Yeah, if you get lucky, they may last forever for you. Maybe it's worth buying a couple bulbs knowing that you may have to replace them.

We have strict quality control, and currently only offer bulbs that have lower than 3.5% failure rate in the first year (and we have been lowering that number over the years). While you got lucky, we deal with over a hundred customers a day, and our goal is to make sure every single one has zero issues. eBay sellers can deal with negative feedback since there is no brand reputation, but we must provide higher quality, which means higher costs.

Our bulbs are competitively priced based on the quality and level of service. Our primary competitor sells a similar bulb for $99/set.

If you're happy with your eBay seller, please feel free to keep shopping with them. However, please stop comparing your bulbs to ours. They are not the same product. If you have any further questions, please direct them to me via PM.

Thanks,
    Paul
    Paul,

I deeply appreciate your detailed response. Throwing in stats of your experience and your failure rate are definitely appreciated as well.

I can understand your point that the bulbs are not the same. Without knowing the suppliers I can neither confirm nor deny.

All I can say is that my experience has been good, but I do respect the fact that you use genuine top-grade components.

I would like to clarify, however, that I don't buy from an 'eBay seller'. It's my friend who runs his own business supplying lights for automotive applications.

Once again I appreciate your response as it has definitely improved my view of your company and your products. I will also be recommending DD should my friends or family be asking about vehicle lights. I greatly respect the fact that you responded, in detail, to each of my questions rather than simply ignoring them. It shows how much you stand behind what you sell, and that is something which is too rare nowadays IMHO.

Cheers.

Sent from my S3
    ---
    - Full Front 6000k HID
    - LED Interior
    - LED Reverse Lights

Ordered licence plate bulbs today : in jersey. Maybe Tuesday Wednesday?? I'm pumped!

2012 Mara-Blue NA-V.. Base with NGM Springs, GarageLine 20/25 spacers, tk.com CAI, custom glasspack axle back , 8000k HID lows and added fog lights
    Diode Dynamics likes this.
    2013 Ultra Black TURBO-V - - 6MT - Daily Driven 140+ Miles/Day - - -

- - K&N Typhoon CAI - - Turbosocks IC Res Delete - - 25/20 mm GarageLine Spacers - -

2012 Marathon Blue BASE NA-V -
    - 6MT - Daily Driven 140+ Miles/Day - - - SOLD SOLD SOLD

- - TurboKits.com CAI - - Custom GlassPack Axleback Exhaust - - 8000k HID Lows - - NGM MetaRide Springs - - 25/20 mm GarageLine Spacers - - Fogs - -

I sent an email. Had a question about something.

Whats the difference in "stages"?

Quote Originally Posted by lui18 View Post
    Whats the difference in "stages"?

We offer different bulb models for each location with varying amounts of brightness

If you have any questions on which bulb fits your needs best, feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
    Nick C.
    DIODE DYNAMICS

So are these plug and play? Or do you need the whole kit with it?
    Sold 2013 RE:MIX MT
    Muffler/Resonator Delete
    Spectre SRI
    Devil Claws
    Vinyl Wrapped hood,grill
    Interior/Exterior LED's from Diode Dynamics

2014 Focus ST
    Boomba Weighted Shift Knob
    Rally Armor Mudflaps
    Interior LED's from Diode Dynamics
    Boomba transmission bushings
    JBR power intake hose

I have just the XP80 bulbs. They are amazingly bright. And yes they are simple plug and play

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast