1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Hyundai Veloster LED Conversion Kit! See Installed Pictures! Plug & Play Install

I put my stage 2s in this morning, I am very happy!
    joeyph likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

I ordered a kit for my V last night. Can't wait to see it installed.
    2013 Hot Lava Scion FRS - 6 speed manual

I installed my partial Stage 3 blue kit tonight, looks great was very easy to install. I like it a lot. It is not too bright at all with my black interior, so I am very glad I went with the Stage 3. I did choose to stay with the stock license plate lights though. smokey does not need any help. LOL
    DJSLINKARD likes this.
    2013 Hot Lava Scion FRS - 6 speed manual

will you be selling any green ones anytime soon?
    Electrolyte Green Veloster DCT w/Style/Tech

Yes, we will have green in stock for LED kits in May. You can currently buy individual bulbs on our site that way, but we don't have enough in stock to offer them with the kits. Thanks!
    DIODE DYNAMICS
    Performance Lighting Upgrades

Click For: -Veloster Lighting Upgrades-

Support your Veloster.org Lighting Sponsor!

When I click the link to look at pricing it just shows me the pictures, please PM the link if possible. I am looking at either the stage 2 or 3
    Ultra Black / Grey Int / Style & Tech
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImY0U8WChJ0

For some reason this forum does that... PM sent
    DIODE DYNAMICS

where i can order

DIODE DYNAMICS

Installed stage 3 lights interior and licence lights and reverse lights
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hyundai Veloster LED Conversion Kit! See Installed Pictures! Plug & Play Install-2012-03-03-20.00.07.jpg   Hyundai Veloster LED Conversion Kit! See Installed Pictures! Plug & Play Install-2012-03-03-20.00.32.jpg   Hyundai Veloster LED Conversion Kit! See Installed Pictures! Plug & Play Install-2012-03-03-20.00.54.jpg   Hyundai Veloster LED Conversion Kit! See Installed Pictures! Plug & Play Install-2012-03-03-20.01.40.jpg  
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -2012 Blue Hyundai Veloster, DCT
    -25% tint all around
    -Stage 3 LED licence, reverse & inside
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got my stage 2 installed... vanity lights definitely too big, but they work. Just be prepared to have to bend a terminal. The led boards have to be taped in place, sticky was on back (poor design) overall im not upset, but defiantly not thrilled
    Ultra Black / Grey Int / Style & Tech
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImY0U8WChJ0

for the Style tech that have the full sun roof do we just order the map vanity trunk and plate led.....because unless im totally missing it theres no dome lights in the car??
    also what bulb do you order for the rear lights. i want to get white to enhance the rear cam. i dont want to get the plate led only cuz it gives the cops a better view. Thanks

here's my pics of my lights after the install, they're stage 2.
    Auto Vitamin C Style/Tech
    15mm front / 20mm rear spacers
    23% tint
    Plasti-Dipped badges, grille trim, and wheels
    LED interior and plate lights
    custom CAI, custom 2.25" exhaust
    custom lowering re-using OEM springs

WTB turbo/edm/kdm projectors

Quote Originally Posted by rippennets View Post
    for the Style tech that have the full sun roof do we just order the map vanity trunk and plate led.....because unless im totally missing it theres no dome lights in the car??
    also what bulb do you order for the rear lights. i want to get white to enhance the rear cam. i dont want to get the plate led only cuz it gives the cops a better view. Thanks
    The cops are going to see your plate anyway- it's reflective. The backup lights are size 921.

For the style and tech, please just select "do not include" for the dome light. Thanks!
    DIODE DYNAMICS

I just put my stage 1 set in, very nice. I did have to alter the vanity light case terminals, the bulbs were too long for me to comfortably insert them, but not a big deal. If you look at the attached pic, here's how I did it:

1. Yellow highlighting - With the plug undone, the terminal slides right out of its slot in to the housing. There you bend a bit of a V, this holds the end of the bulb. If you just bend the terminal back at an angle, it's hard to get it to grab the end of the bulb.

2. Red highlighting - Straighten the very tip of the terminal a little bit, this will allow you a little more room to bend the terminal at a bit more of an angle at the U bend.

Between both bending tweaks, you should easily be able to pop the bulb in and out as needed, and it holds securely.

Name:  VanLEDTerm002.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  267.5 KB

Thanks for the excellent post. We were able to install without problem by just slightly bending the part highlighted in yellow.
    DIODE DYNAMICS

I tried that at first, but it still wasn't enough. I even tried all kinds of wedging and prying trickery to insert them before any bending, but it was just way too tight. (the switch side terminal started to ding in one end of the LED's metal caps.) Even the stock bulbs were in there really solid to start with, I wonder if they changed something up from earlier versions of the car. I compared the stock bulb and LED, and even though it's not a big difference in length, the stock terminal opening was just not accommodating.

I got a set (stage 2 everything else) for my wife's V, I'll see if hers is any different.

And for anyone thinking 'I don't know if I want to do this...' it's not really difficult, just be patient and bend a little at a time. (If you even need to at all.) I almost skipped the vanity lights, but decided to do one so I could compare, and the LED is so much whiter and brighter, it's worth a little tweak. And if you're already fine with the 'DIY risk' of tearing up your headliner to pop out the housings in the first place, you can handle this part too.

I had to do the same with her vanity lights. The stage 2 kit is really nice and bright, she loves it. The stock map lights were just not quite getting it, having no dome light. The stage 2 units light up the entire front of the cabin where she can see clearly all around, not just directly under the lights. I can't even imagine how bright stage 3 is!

I also got a really good look at my stage 1 blue map lights in full darkness... It looks pretty cool, nice and subdued.

Shipping was fast, too: Ordered on Friday (of DD's moving week.) Sent on Monday, received on Wednesday.

OK, well thank you again for the excellent writeup on the situation! We're looking for a Veloster in the area so we can take a video of this. Unfortunately no one makes anything smaller than a 31mm, this bulb is unique to Hyundai. Thanks!
    DIODE DYNAMICS

I've got mine all in thanks Paul. This proves an idiot can do it.

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast