1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Hyundai Veloster LED Conversion Kit! See Installed Pictures! Plug & Play Install

package received thx! please check PM for new query thx!
    Got my V Born 13th of January 2012 @ 15h00 ... Looooving it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Ok... I've never dealt with LED lights before.I've looked over the 3 stages. I can easily see how some of the bulbs just snap in place, replacing the original. I'm a bit lost on the SMD board ones which show a couple of wires coming off of them and mention adapters and adhesive backs. How does one install these? Any pics? Just trying to figure it out.Curious

The SMD boards have an adapter that snaps in as a bulb replacement, then the wires go to the board which sticks right in place. It's just as simple. Thanks!
    DIODE DYNAMICS
    Performance Lighting Upgrades

Click For: -Veloster Lighting Upgrades-

Support your Veloster.org Lighting Sponsor!

Quote Originally Posted by Blakemoo View Post
    I just got the stage 2 kit and installed it in my car last night and it is awesome. Looks just like the pictures. Also got the HID's and was wondering if there was a walk-through for installing them posted on the site. I haven't searched yet but I was going to make one tonight if one was not available. Just trying to do my part to help out the community/forum..
    I need help. I bought the kit, map lights easy to change out, license plate lights not even close to the same bulb, no clue how to get to vanity lights and the trunk light popped out ok but is impossible to get to the bulb. I got a dome bulb also, but don't have a dome light with the sun roof. Eight bulbs and only 2 of them are being used.

Replied to PM....
    DIODE DYNAMICS

I guess there is no one who is able to answer my questions.

Blog Entries
    Paul I will be dropping an order in for the stage III on Friday...

Thought we sent you a PM... please email or PM your name or order info. Thanks!

xxcrooked, thank you!
    DIODE DYNAMICS

I am having the same issue as Joeyph. I was able to get the map lights but the vanity lights are way too long....the hatch light fit in but I could not re-install the black piece(board was in the way). I also don't have a dome light as I have a sunroof. I didn't even attempt the license plates yet as I wanted to get some resolution with the rest first. Also it seems the board for the map lights is too big as it would not lay flat in there so there is no way for it to stick to anything. I really want to be able to use these but it seems as though they are just not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Baytchos View Post
    I am having the same issue as Joeyph. I was able to get the map lights but the vanity lights are way too long....the hatch light fit in but I could not re-install the black piece(board was in the way). I also don't have a dome light as I have a sunroof. I didn't even attempt the license plates yet as I wanted to get some resolution with the rest first. Also it seems the board for the map lights is too big as it would not lay flat in there so there is no way for it to stick to anything. I really want to be able to use these but it seems as though they are just not right.
    How did you even get to the vanity lights? I can't figure out how to get to them.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyph View Post
    How did you even get to the vanity lights? I can't figure out how to get to them.
    The whole unit pops out kinda like the one in the hatch. There is a picture in the manual of how to do it.

The vanity light bulb is the correct size. You can pop out the whole unit to get to it better, as described above. I'd strongly recommend this, as otherwise, it's easy to touch the contacts together and blow a fuse while installing if you're not careful. But the bulb itself is the correct size- it is a tight fit so it'll stay in there. Thanks!
    DIODE DYNAMICS

Quote Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
    The vanity light bulb is the correct size. You can pop out the whole unit to get to it better, as described above. I'd strongly recommend this, as otherwise, it's easy to touch the contacts together and blow a fuse while installing if you're not careful. But the bulb itself is the correct size- it is a tight fit so it'll stay in there. Thanks!
    what about the issue with the hatch light? I can't get the black piece back in cuz the board is too big or in the way...how did you guys get that to work?

Should fit directly into the housing, under the contacts, then just plug the adapter in the contact piece. I'll see if I can get a customer to post a pic up!
    DIODE DYNAMICS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Baytchos View Post
    I did get to the vanity lights and found the same problem. The replacement is about 1/2 longer.

The LEDs are the correct size- there is no such thing as a 28mm large festoon. Just adjust the socket slightly, and you'll be able to install the LED without any problem. I've done it myself quite a few times. PM with any questions! -Paul
    DIODE DYNAMICS

You guys have any photos of the Stage 1 and 2 kits installed? Trying to decide what I want, here...
    Stop PM'ing me, I already answered all your questions.

Yes, you can click the links on the first post, and it will take you to the product page. Scroll down to see pictures of everything installed next to the stock lights. Thanks!
    DIODE DYNAMICS

Quote Originally Posted by XanRules View Post
    You guys have any photos of the Stage 1 and 2 kits installed? Trying to decide what I want, here...
    I have the stage one light kit, a blue map light and vanity light pictured.

Hyundai Veloster LED Conversion Kit! See Installed Pictures! Plug & Play Install-blue-led-map-lights.jpgHyundai Veloster LED Conversion Kit! See Installed Pictures! Plug & Play Install-led-vanity-light.jpg

Thanks.
    I'll pick some of the stage 2s up next time there's a sale.
    joeyph likes this.
    Stop PM'ing me, I already answered all your questions.

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast