1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Hyundai Veloster License Plate LEDs! Plug & Play Install! See Comparison Photos

Lightbulb Hyundai Veloster License Plate LEDs! Plug & Play Install! See Comparison Photos

Hyundai Veloster License Plate LEDs

Here's a great way to upgrade your Hyundai Veloster's appearance at night for a low price. Luxury cars such as BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, come with that nice white LED License Plate illumination. Upgrade and have that look today!

We carry the brightest, highest-quality bulbs at the lowest prices. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. And we do not raise prices to astronomical levels- We're breaking that market trend, and offering you great, low prices, every day. These LED bulbs are designed by us here in St. Louis, and every bulb carries with it a 3-year limited warranty.

Our license plate LED bulbs are a direct replacement for your factory license plate bulbs. All white bulbs will provide a cool white LED color, replacing the yellowish incandescent bulb. Or pick red, blue, green, or yellow (off-road use only).

Brightness:

Diode Dynamics offers several brightness options so you can choose what fits you best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb:

SMD2: (24 lumens) Slightly higher brightness than OEM bulbs.
    HP3: (56 lumens) Much brighter than OEM bulbs. These are bright!
    HP5: (92 lumens) Nearly triple the brightness of stock OEM bulbs!

*HP3 & HP5 are available in 4000K / 5000K / 6000K Color temperatures

These bulbs are made up of a quality plastic connector to slide right into the plug, as well as high durability terminals. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LEDs from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LEDs from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all vehicles.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS (to fit your Veloster).

All of our products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER: Hyundai Veloster License Plate LED

Or, upgrade all of your interior bulbs:
    Diode Dynamics Full LED Conversion Kits!

CLICK HERE TO ORDER: Hyundai Veloster License Plate LED

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email contact@diodedynamics.com

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
    Nick C.
    Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 05-19-2016 at 10:12 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

This is on my list of to-do's too. I love the LEDs on the Lexus's over the plate.

Let just hope the bulbs aren't such a PITA to get to like on my Lexus. I have to take most of the trunk lid apart and the lock out to get to them.
    Here's my new Blog:

http://drivegeek.wordpress.com

The goal of this blog is to put my impressions and any other information needed to make a proper decision about a car BEFORE you buy it. I'm not reviewing the techy stuff, just how the car does as being it's primary purpose...a car. I will also post negative information about cars from real owners, not some car magazine.

What's the difference in stages? Brightness?
    Electrolyte Green Veloster DCT w/Style. AKA Fiona

"
    We have, I fear, confused power with greatness" ~Stewart Udall

Brotip # 1312: Age isn't always a measure of wisdom. Sometimes a younger bro knows more than an older one.

Yes, the higher the stage, the brighter the bulbs. Thanks!

the brighter and whiter the better IMO

Has anyone installed one of these yet? How difficult is it to get to the lamp?
    Vitamin C Turbo Automatic Ultimate 2013
    Purchased 11/2012
    MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Windows and Roof Tint

i was going to put these on my Xmas list. so it would be good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTheGeeks View Post
    Has anyone installed one of these yet? How difficult is it to get to the lamp?
    Looking at the manual the install doesn't look difficult. I am ordering the double LED set and some interior LEDs.
    Vitamin C - Style/Tech M/T
    35% Tint all the way around and top
    ---------------------One of the 3,000-----------------------

Very simple installation!

sweet I will definitely be getting these.
    2012 26.2 Yellow Veloster
    2008 Kia Sportage
    1991 Dodge D150

If anyone does this please provide a DIY write-up. Thank you.

"

Brotip # 1312: Age isn't always a measure of wisdom. Sometimes a younger bro knows more than an older one.

Installation is simple. If you look at your license plate lights, there is a tab on each side of the housing. Just use a flat blade screwdriver to press one of the tabs in, then the light housing will pop out.

Then the socket for the bulb must be turned to come out of the housing. There is an arrow on the socket to tell you which way to tighten it (marked "Lock"). Turn in the opposite direction to remove it, mine were both VERY tight.

Then once you have the socket out, simply pull on the existing bulb to remove it, and push in the new bulbs. I am not sure about the Diode Dynamics bulbs, but mine were polarized, so they only work when put in one way. So I tested them before putting everything back together and ended up having to flip one of my bulbs around.

Then just put it all back together, put the socket into the fixture and turn towards the "Lock" direction, snap the light fixture into the bumper, and repeat on the other side.

Easy peasy.
    2012 Boston Red Velobster, Black/Red interior, Tech, 6MT, Tint, Polk MM1240DVC, Alpine MRP-M500

I'm inept but I'll see what I can do.

"

Quote Originally Posted by Maurtis View Post
    Then once you have the socket out, simply pull on the existing bulb to remove it, and push in the new bulbs. I am not sure about the Diode Dynamics bulbs, but mine were polarized, so they only work when put in one way. So I tested them before putting everything back together and ended up having to flip one of my bulbs around.
    Yes, these are polarized, so it does matter which way they are inserted into the socket. I found out the hard way as I installed one properly and one improperly. Since I didn't think about it making a difference I installed them both and popped everything back together before I turned the lights on and discovered that one wouldn't light. I had to take it apart and turn the light around but this time I left the lights on while flipping it around; it lit right up when installed in the proper direction.

My recommendation is to install the LEDs and before you put them back inside the bracket, turn the lights on to verify they are installed correctly and light. Then you can put everything back together.
    Vitamin C - Style/Tech M/T
    35% Tint all the way around and top
    ---------------------One of the 3,000-----------------------

Yes- as with all 194 LEDs using SMD technology, correct polarity is required. Thanks!

Looking for a complete interior kit, which bulbs are the correct ones? Also, How do you replace the vanity mirror bulbs? Are they as easy as the Map bulbs?

The Veloster kit will be available on our site tomorrow morning! Finally finished testing this weekend. The vanity lights are quite simple to replace, but I'd recommend unplugging the actual socket before installing because it's somewhat easy to touch the positive and negative together and blow a fuse. You'll see what I mean- just unplug the whole light housing and put the bulb in, then plug back in. Simple!

Exciting.

"

The V is my first car that I will be modding and I'm a big noob at doing things to the car, I just bought this kit I hope someone post pictures on how they did everything! I don't want to blow my V up lol

Please feel free to post questions or comments!

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast