Veloster Forum banner

Greetings from Ohio

Tags
ohio
1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  BlueFalcon 
#1 ·
I joined forum a while ago, never posted until today. From my username, I'm a long time Mopar fan. Had several older RWD cars with big blocks, but my current project car is an 87 Daytona Shelby Z. I've had the car for 9 years, and done every bit of work on it myself. It's good for 300HP, with a 5-speed and too many custom made parts to list.

I needed a nice daily driver so I got a 2015 Veloster Turbo, black paint, black & grey interior. I just turned 7,000 miles coming home from work this evening. Currently, I haven't done anything to the car except try to keep the dust off the black exterior. I plan on upgrading all the speakers, as I find the "top-end" Dimension audio system to be rather shite. I have a long weekend, so I hope to really dig into the forums here and learning more about the Veloster.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forums and the KDM world :)
If you can, post pictures of your Daytona and your Veloster.

If you have any questions about Velosters, feel free to ask.
I'd also like to personally hear more about your current project.

#3 ·
Welcome and good luck with your changes. 4.5 years and my Dimension speakers still sound amazing from EDM to classical. No speaker failures. I sometimes think the very first V's had some real quality speakers installed and then not so much!

#4 ·
Well the reason for that is because when everybody's (myself included) speakers were blowing out, Hyundai threw in a speaker that had a heavier dust cap in the center of the speak to keep it from separating. Because of that there's not much bass in them anymore. I wanted to change them out but it seems really involved and don't wanna screw them up.
There still under warranty so I don't see a reason for a swap out quite yet.
And OP welcome to forum!

#5 ·
Sorry for the late reply. My settings had thread subscriptions & notifications turned off.Nothing special about the Veloster, it's a completely unmodified (for now) 2015 Turbo. I got it last April, and fortunately still only have 7500 miles on it.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hyundai

Here's a few pics of my 87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z. I've done too much work to list here, and it's a Veloster forum after all, so thanks for even letting me post about it.

Ive done all the work to the car myself. Motor is a full custom rebuild from the pan to valve cover. Forged pistons, ported head with oversize valves, custom turbo and header, radical cam (manual trans only), ARP bolts throughout. I'm only running 11PSI of boost and making over 300HP. The motor would hold up to 28PSI, but I don't want to start breaking other parts! The transmission is a 5-speed which I have installed an aftermarket Quaife LSD and done a full rebuild consisting of all new bearings, seals, and synchros.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.