Veloster Forum banner

All New Owners...Please look here!!!!

67K views 316 replies 220 participants last post by  GioM 
#1 · (Edited)
First off, I would like to say "Welcome to the forum" I'm doing this post so I don't have to personally go into every single new member post and say welcome. Too much going on here to get to every one of them! haha

Don't want to leave anybody out. We have an awesome community here! Feel free to ask questions and use the search feature. Its actually pretty good and you can find things rather easily. ;)

I am one of four moderators here. (at the moment)

A little history about me. I have been driving and fixing Hyundai's for over 15 years now, 4 of them being professional at two different dealerships. I am quite knowledgeable about all things hyundai (hence my blog name...which is also why I demand that you read it! haha j/k but there is a TON of information in there. There is a link in my signature.) I personally DO NOT own a Veloster yet, but I am planning on buying the Turbo version when it comes out sometime next year. :cool: I have been waiting for a cool as **** hot hatch from Hyundai and they are finally making it!

I am personally apart of almost every Hyundai forum that has been in existence...I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing. The jury is still out on that one. :rolleyes:

I also do sidework in my garage, if you are in Florida. Although I people come from NC and beyond just so I could do the work.

Perhaps Newbie, Dez, and MTD would like to post up about themselves as well?

Again welcome aboard! enjoy the site...I'm sure its going to become a popular site really really quick!

I'm currently driving a 03 Elantra GT hatch with 209k on the clock (changes everyday. haha) AND too mods to list ATM....maybe i'll do a blog entry will everything that i have done to the car.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi all. My name is Mike and I am also Moderator on this great forum we have here.

I am from Hamilton Ont, Canada, which is about halfway between Niagara Falls and Toronto. I currently own 2 other Hyundais. A 10 Genesis and an 11 Elantra, so I am pretty familiar with new Hyundais and I plan on maybe adding a turbo Veloster to the stable in the near future. I am also very interested in another Genesis, the Toyota/Subaru FRS/BRZ or maybe even a BMW if the wife has her way. I am in my 30s and I have been into cars my whole life, starting with VW, Honda for many years and now Hyundai.

I am pretty active on 2 other Hyundai forums (gencoupe.com and hyundai-forums) and I work at a computer desk so Im online very often, day and night. I also do have some Mod experience. I moderated on one of the biggest and busiest Honda forums in Canada called TorontoCivics for almost 10 years until i traded my Honda in for a Hyundai.

I am glad to be on-board, so if anyone needs anything or might have an idea to improve things around, my pm box is always open.

Cheers
Mike

#4 ·
'Ello everybody. I would also like to welcome everybody to this truly wonderful community. My name is Omar and I am also a moderator on this forum. ( The "Super" part is to make us feel special :p )

I am a Saudi Arabian national, but I've lived in North America for a good chunk of my life. I currently live in Athens, OH and attend Ohio University as a Freshman. I am a recent and very proud owner of an Electrolyte Green Veloster. I've been a Honda fan for a few years but then shifted my attention to Hyundai with the Veloster coming in.

I'm one of the youngest in the community, hence the my nickname : Newbie. I have driven ( not owned) 2 other vehicles: a Kia Forte Koup and a Nissan Rogue. I love the Veloster and see a very bright future for this community. I'm very easy going guy, and I have a weird sense of humor. My inbox is rarely fed, so please don't be a stranger. I also enjoy love walks on the beach ;) . I think that's all for now, If you have the urge to know more, again, just PM me... Oh and I'm single ;)

Reactions: JoeyQuick
#5 ·
Hi there guys, im Niche, and I owned a POS excel back in the day....im drunk alot...oh crap wait wrong community! :)

You guys need to sticky this if you havent already. BTW, who is the administrator? I see a random post every once in awhile but he doesnt write much at all. Id love to find out about that person!

I too am an avid Honda fan like you MTD....but with the last 10 years they have floundered so bad I just dont care if I ever buy another one till they fire all of their designers and hire guys with new ideas in mind and are willing to take risks again!

#7 ·
You guys need to sticky this if you havent already. BTW, who is the administrator? I see a random post every once in awhile but he doesn't write much at all. Id love to find out about that person!
The admin's name is Yung. I noticed he calls everyone dude, even those of us who are dudettes! Maybe he's from southern California? ;)

Niche79 and I tend to be the ones who tell all new members (who haven't already), to please fill in your location in your profile. We have a lot of discussions where your location is relevant, so we would all appreciate that you take a moment to do this, and that will keep people from asking you where you're located over and over again. Thanks!

Hi and welcome! :)

#9 ·
I giggled on the dude comment. Just share all your information so we can stalk you ;)

#11 ·
My last post before being an owner.

Hi everyone. My name is Bill and I have never belonged to a forum of any kind before. Until now, my posts have basically been about when the h*ll my Veloster would finally come in. Well, the day has finally arrived and barring any natural disaster or catastrophe, I will have my Vitamin C DCT Tech in the morning. I plan to share many photos and I'm really looking forward to posting the one of the truck pulling into my parking lot with my Veloster onboard. Thank you for making me feel comfortable for these 4 months and giving me a place to vent my frustration. It's been a long wait, but I know it will be worth it.

Reactions: Bigger Hammer
#35 ·
Hi everyone. My name is Bill and I have never belonged to a forum of any kind before. Until now, my posts have basically been about when the h*ll my Veloster would finally come in. Well, the day has finally arrived and barring any natural disaster or catastrophe, I will have my Vitamin C DCT Tech in the morning. I plan to share many photos and I'm really looking forward to posting the one of the truck pulling into my parking lot with my Veloster onboard. Thank you for making me feel comfortable for these 4 months and giving me a place to vent my frustration. It's been a long wait, but I know it will be worth it.
NTG--

I take it the frustration came with the waiting? Did you actually wait four months or am I reading too much into that? I've waited over seven weeks now and it seems interminable. Everyone where I work is asking if my car came in yet, and all I can say is, "Uh..."

#12 ·
Nice to meet you guys! I'm a 20-year career car parts guy (with a brief break to do some high-end A/V geekery--I like fiddly bits and shiny things!) and work in product management/procurement for the largest distributor of recycled, remanufactured, and aftermarket crash parts in North America at the corporate level. If any of you have questions about parts, or the automotive aftermarket in general, I'll do my best to answer. I'm not a mod, and am not seeking to become one, but just want to offer anything I can to help the community.

#14 ·
HA...that's f***ing hilarious!

Don't let the power go to your head now.:)

#15 ·
well, my wife and i traded are mazda3 and mazda 6 in on last saturday and monday we are brand new veloster owners i myself have a black manual with style package,and she bought the electrolite green one fully loaded, we are going to park friday to tke some pictures and we will post as soon as we get home ,im quite inmpressed with the comfort of the cars and all the goodies

#16 ·
hey guys my name is tom and im just north of toronto ontario,canada and am a certified stereo installer have been for many years and now working out of a best buy install bay.
my rides have usually been honda untill now this veloster is great and beats my buddys crz in every test lo l

#19 ·
just pointing out i am waiting to post where i am from....in between states right now! But NorCal Represent!

#20 ·
Hello All, c1000 here - Just joined the Forum this evening and look foward to many interesting and informative exchanges. Like the Newbie, I drive the electrolyte green Veloster. My most recent vehicles have been a Toyota MR2 spyder, a Lotus Elan, a couple of Mazda Miatas, a Honda Prelude, and before that a Ford Mustang. Thus far I'm really enjoying the Veloster but it's a bit of an adjustment. After purchase I discovered that my smart phone does not have full bluelink compatibility. Any recommendations on the best smart phone to pair with bluelink?

#22 ·
Hi Gang,
Name is Eric and I am relatively new to the Hyundai brand although I worked for the Rick Case Hyundai Dealership not long ago in Davie, FL . Formerly a Honda owner for over 25 years nothing but Honda purchases, I came over to Hyundai and was amazed at the improvements in quality, style and tech. Glad to be here with you all.

#24 ·
Hello all, this is my first post here. My name is Michael Azar, from Montgomery, AL. I have yet to buy my Veloster, but I am waiting for my dealership to find me one fully loaded with what I want. Hopefully this happens soon, because I'm going crazy waiting on it! I'm excited about being a part of this community (both the forum and vehicle communities) and look forward to learning a lot and hopefully helping and contributing a lot! Glad to be here, folks!

#25 ·
Hi guys, I suppose I should have posted here first before my other dozen posts... Oh well, here I am now! :) Anyway, I'm from Northeastern New York. I work in a fabrication shop and enjoy making all sorts of parts (car and otherwise) from simple to complex. I've owned Acura/Honda for 14 years now and decided to try a Veloster. So far I'm pretty pleased since as many of us know, Honda is playing it way too safe and has fallen way behind in recent years. As my time permits I'm fabbing my own CAI, ground effect skirting, and exhaust. I'll post pics as I make progress. I'm glad to be here!

#26 · (Edited)
Just stumbled across this thread

My name is Doug, I'm in my early 50's and still look and act like a kid... I have been into cars all my life, in many ways they and motorsports are my life. Formula One is my sport and I follow it in great detail, and I have 20-years of on-track driving experience, and for more than half of that I have been an instructor at driving schools.

My username is explained in my sig, it saddens me to see how the great Honda has degenerated into such a sad and pathetic boring manufacturer. But I will say this, the 3 Hondas I have now, I'm never going to get rid of, because they are some of the best things they ever made. '90 CRX-Si, '02 S2000, '00 VFR800Fi.

For me I have wanted a new hot hatch for many years, I had hoped it was going to be a CR-Z but that pathetic drivetrain is something I could never deal with. 5-doors like the Fiesta ST and Mazdaspeed 3 are great rides but I hate the look of 5-doors. Thus enter Veloster Turbo, and I wait patently...

OH, AND ONE OTHER THING
Come on people, update your profile if you are not showing a location

#27 ·
Hey only1db and fellow Veloster owners.
I purchased my Marathon Blue base M/T Veloster on 11/8/11. With all the gadgets it came with I needed no other options. This car first caught my eye at the auto show in January. Planned on buying in spring of 2012 but the freak winter storm in October here in northeast took out my 2003 Mini Cooper with a big tree. Yes I replaced a Mini with a Veloster and have NO regrets.
I have had it back to dealers once for a warranty fix on the bluetooth and stumble problem at speed.. They ended up replacing entire radio unit and an update to ecm. All is well and I have already racked up 4800 miles to date. Love this car and all the gawkers it draws to it.

RayT2

#28 ·
Hi, I'm Andy, Long time lurker. I am from Lake in the Hills, IL (a suburb NW of Chicago). I currently drive a 1993 Pontiac Grand Am that has faithfully gotten me through High School and College, but now with a real job it is time to move on, and the Veloster is one of the cars that I am considering buying. I am just waiting on the Chicago Auto Show in February to see if anything can dethrone the Veloster as the car I want the most, and possibly for the Veloster Turbo to come out.

#29 ·
ron from texas here, on about my 50th car, just got rid of my 2010 airbag, yellow, or course goldwing. 51, live half way between Houston and Galveston. Looking at manual, turbo, white 2012 beetle, white CR-Z, about gave up on finding a Veloster. Had to be yellow, manual, style, no dealers have manual!, nobody knows when, where or what they have coming, found out there were only 3 yellow, manual, style out there in the USA. It had just came in at Peoria, IL 2 days ago, so I fly there Friday 1/20/12 and drive it back to Texas, pretty good weather Saturday and Sunday to get back home 1000 miles, SWEET!! 1st car was Honda Civic 4 speed, sticker $2998. still have the sticker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.