NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Nor Cal meetup

Nor Cal meetup

Hey all Nor Cal owners! I am looking to put together a nor Cal meetup.. location is up for discussion and I would like to ask what should we plan to do. I know most do bbqs or something of that nature. Date is also up for discussion. Let me know what works guys and gals
    2012 Hyundai Veloster Ironman Silver/Style. Custom Fabricated Cold Air Intake, 5% tint rear windows, 3M Gloss black vinyl wrap on front grill, Solo Performance Mach 2N1 Cat back Exhaust kit.
    Sponsored by Six Speed Graphix, Killer Cup Cake Industries
    www.sixspeedgraphix.com
    www.killercupcakeindustries.com
    Dark Lord of Northern California Velosters Association
    Co-Founding member of Northern California Hyundai Car Club

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

im thinkin beach bbq photoshoot maybe in carmel or santa cruz...

ive been wanting to do this too. ive been on afew fun drives with other groups, i always like going through rides through the hills and then ending up at the beach.
    The above post is a positive-discussion inducing post, it is not meant to talk down on anyone, or seem overly negative. Any foul language in the above post is not directed at anyone in specific. The above post was not posted with the only purpose being to troll or start drama.

Stop Having a Boring Tuna, Stop Having a Boring Life.

Sounds good. Hope we can have at least one of every color!
    2012 NAV w/DCT 47,477mi.

I think Pleasenton would be the best bet! its almost right in the middle so anyone from the bay are can make it!

Quote Originally Posted by Velos510 View Post
    I think Pleasenton would be the best bet! its almost right in the middle so anyone from the bay are can make it!
    Who wants to go to the middle of nowhere though?
    The above post is a positive-discussion inducing post, it is not meant to talk down on anyone, or seem overly negative. Any foul language in the above post is not directed at anyone in specific. The above post was not posted with the only purpose being to troll or start drama.

This makes perfect sense if it is truly central to most Veloster owners. Maybe not the preferred location -- but do you have another spot that would be more convenient? We had our own successful meet here, and it was truly central. Besides, half won't show up -- take that into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by jkt1954 View Post
    This makes perfect sense if it is truly central to most Veloster owners. Maybe not the preferred location -- but do you have another spot that would be more convenient? We had our own successful meet here, and it was truly central. Besides, half won't show up -- take that into consideration.
    It makes sense if you're just trying to sit in a parking lot. Convenient? Yes. Fun? Meh...

Some of the best drives in northern CA are through the coastal ranges, which is why so many car clubs meet near them and drive through them. VW drives turned 30-60 people easily, S2K had about 20, you always see groups of 10-15 lambos and ferraris driving around, the amount of motorcycles are insane... You start in a nice city, then drive through foothills and get to see $10M homes, then hit the redwoods for a while, and end up at the beach, all while traversing really fun roads. You learn your car and get to see some awesome sights, doesn't get too much better.

If the intent is to meet up to look at velosters in a parking lot, then centralized locations are great.

Another good use for meeting in places like Pleasanton is to group before going on a drive to Yosemite or Tahoe.

Ok look I dont care where we do it if we meet up then drive and do a bbq or whatever. I just want to get together with my nor Cal v owners. Pleasanton is a great place to meet in my eyes. Going to Santa Cruz woukd be awesome. Just let me know
    2012 Hyundai Veloster Ironman Silver/Style. Custom Fabricated Cold Air Intake, 5% tint rear windows, 3M Gloss black vinyl wrap on front grill, Solo Performance Mach 2N1 Cat back Exhaust kit.
    Sponsored by Six Speed Graphix, Killer Cup Cake Industries
    www.sixspeedgraphix.com
    www.killercupcakeindustries.com
    Dark Lord of Northern California Velosters Association
    Co-Founding member of Northern California Hyundai Car Club

Quote Originally Posted by smellypanda View Post
    It makes sense if you're just trying to sit in a parking lot. Convenient? Yes. Fun? Meh...

Some of the best drives in northern CA are through the coastal ranges, which is why so many car clubs meet near them and drive through them. VW drives turned 30-60 people easily, S2K had about 20, you always see groups of 10-15 lambos and ferraris driving around, the amount of motorcycles are insane... You start in a nice city, then drive through foothills and get to see $10M homes, then hit the redwoods for a while, and end up at the beach, all while traversing really fun roads. You learn your car and get to see some awesome sights, doesn't get too much better.

If the intent is to meet up to look at velosters in a parking lot, then centralized locations are great.

Another good use for meeting in places like Pleasanton is to group before going on a drive to Yosemite or Tahoe.

The idea of this location was since its basically in the center of the bay area. I mean theres also Oakland or even san mateo (Which also have some nice areas), just looking for a spot that everyone would be able to make. Yea granted, theres not much around there but there is a shopping center where the IMAX is just to hang out.

Hey guys. I'm new to the NORCAL area so I'd love to get in on this meet. We rode up the coast during our move and It would have been a lot of fun in the V. I'm in the Vacaville area so anything towards the Bay or Sac areas would be fine with me.

I'm in Livermore, but I'd have no problem meeting in Santa Cruz or Monterey.

I'm in if we ever decide to move forward. This thread started in May?
    I say pick a spot and go for it. If you try to please everyone, we'll still be talking location next May.
    2012 Base Vit C
    Full Kustom F100 in my avitar
    37 Ford Hot Rod
    65 Ranchero mild Kustom
    49 Pontiac mild Kustom fastback

How about we meet at Golden Gate park and head either north or south on Hwy 1?? We can do it on a sunday that way there's less traffic and most people aren't working.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.- Mark Twain

Did anything eve happen? Or did it completely flop?

Flop. I don't think people are on here enough to ever set something up
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.- Mark Twain

I see almost no NA Vs in San Francisco (a couple of Zip Cars) - and haven't seen any other Turbos at all...
    I'd be interested in a meet up though.

Any weekend would work. We just need to figure out a meeting point. That's why I suggested GG park. Or if we want more central we could meet somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxotiknightz View Post
    Any weekend would work. We just need to figure out a meeting point. That's why I suggested GG park. Or if we want more central we could meet somewhere else.
    The park isn't a great place to meet in my opinion (very crowded on weekends & not a lot of parking). This lot in the Presidio might be better - 75-81 San Francisco Bicycle Route 4 Golden Gate National Recreation Area, San Francisco, CA 94129 - Google Maps - it also has the benefit of being close to the GG bridge if we end up heading north. Or there's always the bowling alley.

I'd def like to meet other owners in area. Just gotta actually make something happen! San Fran seems like it would be a cool place to meet

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements