NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Oregon?

Oregon?

No Oregon sticky? Guess we aint cool enough...Uheeeeyuck...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Maybe 'cause of all those folks trying to 'Keep Portland Weird'.

Portland resident checking in. 2013 Non-turbo, triathlon grey.

Quote Originally Posted by RabidBlackSquirrel View Post
    Portland resident checking in. 2013 Non-turbo, triathlon grey.
    Were you satisfied with the PDX-area dealer you purchased from? Fortunately, there are 6 dealers in the metro vicinity.

Just an FYI my car came from Town and Country Hyundai, Portland. I purchased through Larry Miller Hyundai Hillsboro and they didn't have the car configuration i wanted (color and package and transmission) but T&C needed an Elantra and had my car there so they traded it out for me i got my V the next day. I would say LMHH is definitely a nice dealership (it's not fancy but and old style small 1 story building in middle of the lot) since they will take the time to work with you and teach you about the car even before you take delivery. It was like a presentation after the purchase with touch screen tour on some Ginormous LCD Panel thing they got there. Nice people.

ETA: no i don't work for them but some times at dealerships things seem rushed or not enough information from your direct contact. This case it was everybody i talked to had something to do with the actual process so it wasn't going through just one person relaying info back and forth. Talked to sales, management and loan officer at pretty much the same time in some cases. I knew what i was doing and didn't get any resistance from anyone so i was like Woah... different.. Not saying all their dealerships are that way but this one in particular i think i'd buy from again.
    Last edited by Turbonium; 12-11-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    Just an FYI my car came from Town and Country Hyundai, Portland. I purchased through Larry Miller Hyundai Hillsboro and they didn't have the car configuration i wanted (color and package and transmission) but T&C needed an Elantra and had my car there so they traded it out for me i got my V the next day. I would say LMHH is definitely a nice dealership (it's not fancy but and old style small 1 story building in middle of the lot) since they will take the time to work with you and teach you about the car even before you take delivery. It was like a presentation after the purchase with touch screen tour on some Ginormous LCD Panel thing they got there. Nice people.

ETA: no i don't work for them but some times at dealerships things seem rushed or not enough information from your direct contact. This case it was everybody i talked to had something to do with the actual process so it wasn't going through just one person relaying info back and forth. Talked to sales, management and loan officer at pretty much the same time in some cases. I knew what i was doing and didn't get any resistance from anyone so i was like Woah... different.. Not saying all their dealerships are that way but this one in particular i think i'd buy from again.
    I think your evaluation of LM Hyundai is appropriate. In October 2011, I was on my way to negotiate a purchase from LM after an offer of $500 below MSRP when I drove by the Beaverton dealer and spotted a V (with the silver/grey interior instead of black) and stopped to inquire. After a short discussion and test drive, I purchased the B'ton V at invoice.

Most of the PDX area dealers were offering discounts from MSRP except T&C...they also wouldn't acknowledge the Motozuma matching program...so I wrote them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Were you satisfied with the PDX-area dealer you purchased from? Fortunately, there are 6 dealers in the metro vicinity.
    I actually didn't buy in Oregon. The saga of how my Veloster came to be is a fun one. I had just graduated from Western Washington University, and got a job in Portland. The day before I moved, my car (1996 Sebring Convertible, contain yourself ladies...) started spewing radiator fluid everywhere. Decided I wanted a new car, got a killer deal at Doug's Lynnwood Hyundai. Problem is, I already had Oregon residency and wanted to take advantage of no sales tax. They say "sure, show us your Oregon license!" "Uhhh... Don't have that yet." "Here's a loaner, go down right now!" So I drove to Portland, sat in the DMV for 5 hours and was refused a test at 4:03pm. They stop testing at 4:00pm. I was pissed. So I slept in the rental, took the test at 8:00am, passed, drove back to Lynnwood, bought the V, drove back to Portland and moved in that night, then started work the next day. Long story short, mad props to my non-Portland dealer who helped me out big time in strange circumstances.

Old thread, time to bring it back....

Checking in from Beaverton OR, 2013 Veloster Turbo Boston Red. Bought it from Beaverton Hyundai on 7-28-13

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by notaflyguy142 View Post
    Old thread, time to bring it back....

Checking in from Beaverton OR, 2013 Veloster Turbo Boston Red. Bought it from Beaverton Hyundai on 7-28-13
    Have you met orbeavhawk yet? He's from Beaverton too! I communicate w/ him pretty much daily.
    '13 VT Ultimate-MT in Ironman Silver w/ Black Accents & MSR 095 Black Pearl 18x8" Wheels
    SFR Custom Tune (+40whp & 39Ft-lbs torque gains)
    INJEN SRI, SOLO HF Cat, QR-300S Resonator & 3" Cat-Back Exhaust
    JL Audio XD-700/5 Channel Amplifier
    Focal 'Integrated' ISS-165 6-1/2" [Front]
    Focal CA-165 6-1/2" coaxial drivers, [Rears]
    JL Audio 10" W1 Subwoofer in 'AE' ported enclosure
    Pierce Motorsports Torsion Bar, VT-ONE Strut Bar, Tiebar Brace
    Sales@SilverbulletCustomEmblems.com

I haven't! orbeavhawk, where you at?! I assume the hawk must be for Southridge high school....?

I believe if you break it down, it's OR, Beaverton, SeaHAWKs...... I just asked him in an email if he ever spoke to you, but at the time I didn't have your handle. He's getting ready to hit the road to visit family in Spokane right now.

What a gentleman he is too. You HAVE to meet him. I wished all the time that I could myself. We've built up quite the rapport. I'll let this "cat out of the bag" so to speak, ONLY b/c I know he wouldn't mind. But "Michael" is a young 74 y/o - VT owner going on 35-40!!! Trust me. For real!

Anyway, Michael, where are you?
    '13 VT Ultimate-MT in Ironman Silver w/ Black Accents & MSR 095 Black Pearl 18x8" Wheels

YEPPERS,

Dats me, right from da MOUTH of da "Silver BULLET".............and quite a Raptor Pilot he is.

The "handle" actually stands for "or" = Oregon Ducks; "beav" + OR Beavers; and "hawk" = Seahawks!
    I live in da heart of Beaverton in a Senior Mobile Home Park..............I am also a Portland Timbers and TrailBlazer fan of course.

What it is? BRO Raptor-man?

michael

And I was SO close to figuring out your handle! NOT Beaverton, but Beavers? Hmmmm, I won't go there.

OK - you guys have FUN. I'm not even from the NW, let alone OR. Just setting 2 locals up was my only intention.

Oh man... the beavers?! It is all about UofO bud!

Bump! Anyone in the O-state wanna meet up for a rainy day brunch somewhere soon? Would love to meet some fellow V and VT owners!
    orbeavhawk likes this.
    I drive a Veloster, just like you. Check out my build thread on vt.org http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/m...se-t-lulu.html

Oh, Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm not even a "girl" and I named my VT - The "BLACK Panther"!
    Talulu likes this.

hi from salem
    Talulu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bmann1984 View Post
    hi from salem
    NE Salem right here!;!!
    I drive a Veloster, just like you. Check out my build thread on vt.org http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/m...se-t-lulu.html

any one want to meet up next Sunday at Starbucks at the keizer station

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements