NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Went out for milk

Quote Originally Posted by tidybowl View Post
    I have no idea why everyone hates the Focus. It does what the veloster should.
    If they make an R-Spec VT... that would be the car to compare a Focus ST to. Until then, the VT is halfway between a non-turbo of either model, and an ST.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

I have no idea why everyone hates the Focus. It does what the veloster should.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
    I simply don't like the look of it at all....

MTD likes this.
    2013 Veloster Turbo 6spd MT - Ultimate edition: Turbosocks FMIC, Solo Performance Catback, HKS Style BOV, 3" Turbosocks CAI, 18x8.5" Enkei Kojins ..BTRcc dyno tune coming August 17th !!!

Quote Originally Posted by RideZX6R View Post
    If they make an R-Spec VT... that would be the car to compare a Focus ST to. Until then, the VT is halfway between a non-turbo of either model, and an ST.
    the VT is competition for the fiesta ST not the focus ST.. nor will it ever be in stock form
    First production US VT with 200 whp come at me bro lol

Sorry -- I just realized this was off topic and we can't disagree with the poster. So I hope that when you went out to get milk that you did not get milked. My apologies for offering an opinion in an off topic post.

I did the same thing a number of years back...went out for a pair of shoes, came home with a new car and never did get the shoes. I wonder if the OP remembered to get the milk.
    2012 NAV / Tech Pkg, Born 7/24/11, Mine 9/17/11, 6MT, Boston Red, R/B Seats.
    Inovit Force 5 18x8 +42 wheels, Saikou Michi Micro Catch Can, InJen SRI, Tint
    25% around, 10% Roof.
    LED Turn Signals, Brake Lights, Interior & License Plate Lights. Custom exhaust tips,
    6000K Xenon HID, 6000k HID Fogs. 45k miles as of 2/13/14.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhartman View Post
    I simply don't like the look of it at all....

Concur. And simply because of that.

I do love Ford and and tons of their products. But frankly the Focus did not grab me the way I hoped. On the lot the only one back then that I sorta liked where the Titanium trim of either the sedan or hatch but at the price point there were several other options.

-- "Move along, nothing to see here" --

Quote Originally Posted by jkt1954 View Post
    I would drive an Elantra GT first (well, maybe not -- the Elantra coupe maybe, or if I really had to -- the Kia Optima, but this Ford? -- no way).
    So you'd take 3 slow economy cars over one of the best hot hatches in recent history? Cool, but they're not in the same class. An ST has twice the power of the other cars you mentioned.

I drove an ST a few months ago and loved it but it felt a little cramped. The BRZ I drove last week felt more open inside. They are 2 cars I'm considering for my next car, but I doubt a brz is a good choice for a year round car in Chicago
    Last edited by Schweezly; 01-21-2013 at 10:03 AM.

A Turbo Elantra(GT) would be the closet thing to a comparable. Everything comes down to preference if you look away from the specification sheet because we cannot deny that the performance specifications of the ST are superior to that of the VT. When we look at reliability, Hyundai's is unknown with their newer models and Ford (from indications and reports I've read) has not being up to par with the competition especially in their Focus and even Fusion lines. So depending on your take about the performance specifications, the reliability factor is a wash, you really only have few things to consider, subjective appearance, quality (exterior and interior) and whether you want to support North American auto industry or foreign (may not apply in your decision making).

Congratulations on your purchase though and I really hope you enjoy your ride. But this is the V nation here so...

Personally, I like the styling of the current generation Focus but a lot of the differences on the ST are not to my favor. Can't really comment on much about the ST otherwise as I haven't sat in one yet but on styling alone, I wouldn't get one.
    MTD likes this.
    Squirtle: 2013 Ocean Blue Veloster Turbo
    ARK - Continental - Diode Dynamics - Enkei - Firstech - HELLA - Injen - Jun B.L - KONI - LLumar - Michelin - Morimoto - Motul - PIAA - Pierce Motorsports - Pittasoft - Rally Armor - Saikou Michi - SOLO - Torque Solution - TRS - Turbosocks - UNIQ - Whiteline - Work

The Elantra GT isn't turbo though...

Until the OP posts a picture of HIS new car, he's just pulling your leg....good discussion tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    It looks likes a sedan that was mutilated into a hatchback.
    Yeah, I'm lost on the styling. They're just ugly as sin. It's not shaped right.
    MTD likes this.
    2013 Veloster Turbo - Boston Red - Matte Black Vinyl Graphics
    twitter.com/Boots_Ylectric
    Instagram - Boots_Ylectric
    Get high on rocks - adventuresinclimbing.org

Quote Originally Posted by Vgirlus View Post
    Until the OP posts a picture of HIS new car, he's just pulling your leg....good discussion tho!
    HER new car... and I took pics yesterday.

2012 Century White Veloster M/T <3

MTD
    Looks decent in the blue colour. I find the darker colours suite the lines of the car better.

I drove one not long ago and it was a very fun and entertaining car. A loaded one here in Canada is close to $40k though.
    '13 VT

Quote Originally Posted by MTD View Post
    Looks decent in the blue colour. I find the darker colours suite the lines of the car better.

I drove one not long ago and it was a very fun and entertaining car. A loaded one here in Canada is close to $40k though.
    I got this car for $4,000 off which was huge for me, it's almost fully loaded. Way more of a discount than they are putting on the V turbo plus more power and more options.
    2012 Century White Veloster M/T <3

MTD
    Good deal for sure then.
    '13 VT

Sounds like you got a decent deal!

Your pics do it better justice...I like the look of the Blue in those pictures, and I'm a fan of the blue accents on the seats.

Hope she enjoy's it.
    2013 Marathon Blue Veloster Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Schweezly View Post
    The Elantra GT isn't turbo though...
    Obviously...

Hence... "A Turbo Elantra(GT)" not the turbo. It was hypothetical... But heck, guess anyone who didn't know, none such car existed would be confused and I should have spelled it out more clearly.

I was never a huge fan of cars looking like they have these huge mouths open... Like a huge whale with its mouth open. Just isn't very appealing to me. The ST just made it worse, in my opinion.

I'm ok with the rear, still has some of the styling I liked in the NA Focus.

The interior looks ok and I actually don't mind the blue ascents on the seats.

Good job on getting a good deal OP! I mean with the high demand and low supply on the VT, the price may not have made sense so might be better bang for buck which is always a good thing.
    ARK - Continental - Diode Dynamics - Enkei - Firstech - HELLA - Injen - Jun B.L - KONI - LLumar - Michelin - Morimoto - Motul - PIAA - Pierce Motorsports - Pittasoft - Rally Armor - Saikou Michi - SOLO - Torque Solution - TRS - Turbosocks - UNIQ - Whiteline - Work

the VT has a huge "mouth" opening in the front too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mingo85 View Post
    Obviously...

Hence... "A Turbo Elantra(GT)" not the turbo. It was hypothetical... But heck, guess anyone who didn't know, none such car existed would be confused and I should have spelled it out more clearly.

I was never a huge fan of cars looking like they have these huge mouths open... Like a huge whale with its mouth open. Just isn't very appealing to me. The ST just made it worse, in my opinion.

I'm ok with the rear, still has some of the styling I liked in the NA Focus.

The interior looks ok and I actually don't mind the blue ascents on the seats.

Good job on getting a good deal OP! I mean with the high demand and low supply on the VT, the price may not have made sense so might be better bang for buck which is always a good thing.
    I understand where you're coming from, but it's hard to compare a car you'd have to turbo on your own to something that has a stock one.

Ill probably end up testing a ST again this spring. With the prices dropping a little it's really a nice package.

the VT has a huge "mouth" opening in the front too.
    Yeah I didn't finish that point well and point that I didn't like it that very much either but the horizontal and vertical symmetry of it made it easier to deal with. But I did say I'm not a huge fan of it and that goes for ST or VT. The matching colored outline that the VT does helps a bit and having the emblem in the mouth helps a bit as well, but still not a huge fan. It'll be a bit better once I get my horns installed and keep offsetting the huge mouth by putting what would look like food in it... LOL *facepalm*

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements