NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Bye bye Veloster...

Bye bye Veloster...

Can't say I miss it... Not even a little bit, not even the mpg... As a matter of a fact, I'm thrilled its gone... V Turbo wasn't much of an improvement, so I replaced it with this:

Bye bye veloster.org...
    -Ultra Black V, MT, Style + Tech
    -Detailing Connoisseur

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

the hood looks off.
    2012 Boston Red Veloster NA Base Manual BTRcc tuned 167whp / 138wtq SOLD!

2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual

yeah i can,t blame you buying the st focus if had the the money to do it i would to that is why i leased mine so in 28 months i will be looking at the fiesta st or the focus st , lets face it for the money those 2 cars have the best formula to be an awsome drivers car and and start at a great price that no other manufacture can touch currently at this time, so congrats on an awesome upgrade.
    2012 triathlon grey dct with tech and style package custom black and blue leather interior 12' mb quart premium sub with jl g1700 amp osram low beams with 50 watt FOGS K&N typhoon intake 235 /40/18 goodyear eagle gt tires on enkei raijin 18x8.5 +38et
    tinted windows custom cat back magnaflow exhaust.
    real hood vents wrapped bumper black vinyl on hood scallops black and blue momo shift knob.

Hmmm.. Haven't really paid attention to these. So not sure how they are stacking up performance-wise.

For some reason the previous 2door Euro version had me salivating, specially the green one so heavily promoted around. But this one didn't convey the same sexyness.

Hope you enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Autoguide
    -- "Move along, nothing to see here" --

Eww

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
    MTD likes this.

The sound it makes over 2500rpm is...orgasmic.

Nice cars but i wanted an auto for a dd. Believe me i would have liked to stick with Ford but they don't make it easy.
    Cookie Monster-2013 Marathon Blue Veloster Turbo-Auto-Converted To Blue Interior,BD Customs FMIC, 2.5 in. Catless DP & CAI, NGM Coilovers, Hi/Lo/Fog HIDS, LEDS, Magnaflow Exhaust,Forge BOV,65A Poly Engine Mounts,Poly Exhaust Hangers,Import Shark STB,Maintec Torsion Bar, "Veloster Turbo" Acrylic Plates,Gold Rota P45 18x8 Kuhmo 4X 225/40/18s,Sequence Devil Claws,KDM Headlights, Weathertech Mats And Visors, TurboXS Billet Oil Cap

2009 Performance White Shelby GT500-725 Rwhp 676 Rwtrq- SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by RPW00Mirage View Post
    the hood looks off.
    Well its a Ford.....lol!

Yes, the sound above 2500rpm IS orgasmic. But, the one I test drove about a month ago (I believe) broke down on me with less than 25 miles on the clock. The tach broke and was reading over 10k on shifts, it was leaking oil, and it spilled most of it's coolant as I was driving it back to the dealer.

When the salesperson asked me what happened to it I told him... "You really have to ask?"

So I've have a sour taste in my mouth about getting one. For power it was lightyears ahead of my NAV but I'd like something a bit more reliable... like my NAV.
    Bdiggy and chili.red like this.

I like the look of the ST, but when compared to the Mazdaspeed3, it doesn't look like a decent value. I'll be the first to admit that the look of Mazdaspeed is "unique", but its performance appears to be identical for less dough. I'm sure there are more features to be had with the Ford, but they'll cost you. It'll be interesting to see if the ST is as reliable as the Mazda. Dealer support for the Ford might also prove interesting.

The bottom line is that it's your car - enjoy it!
    2013 Veloster (Style, Tech, DCT) Century White

You see those slits in the spoiler? This car was thought out. The VT needs these slits for a slight downdraft on the rear allowing the soot/exhaust fumes to blow out and not up on the car hatch. Hyundai could easily incorporate this into their stock spoiler. Wonder if we could modify our spoilers.
    chargeragain likes this.
    Ultimate Elite White VT A/T • Window Tint: 35% Front 30% Back • Vogue Signature V Tires • OEM Mudguards • Short Ram Intake • Pierce Motorsports VT-ONE Series Chromoly Strutbrace • Magnaflow Catback Exhaust • Turbosocks FMIC • BTRcc Custom Tune

MTD
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost12 View Post
    Yes, the sound above 2500rpm IS orgasmic. But, the one I test drove about a month ago (I believe) broke down on me with less than 25 miles on the clock. The tach broke and was reading over 10k on shifts, it was leaking oil, and it spilled most of it's coolant as I was driving it back to the dealer.

When the salesperson asked me what happened to it I told him... "You really have to ask?"

So I've have a sour taste in my mouth about getting one. For power it was lightyears ahead of my NAV but I'd like something a bit more reliable... like my NAV.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    I like the look of the ST, but when compared to the Mazdaspeed3, it doesn't look like a decent value. I'll be the first to admit that the look of Mazdaspeed is "unique", but its performance appears to be identical for less dough. I'm sure there are more features to be had with the Ford, but they'll cost you. It'll be interesting to see if the ST is as reliable as the Mazda. Dealer support for the Ford might also prove interesting.

The bottom line is that it's your car - enjoy it!
    Im kinda the opposite. The ST test drive I took was impressive. The car drove great. But, its one of the most uninspiring looking cars around. And much like all the Focus' we have at work, the interior I found very crampted.

Oh and a fully loaded one here in Canada is about $39K.

More HP, more options and ALOT more money, I really dont see the VT comparison anyway. Its more inline with a Speed3, WRX, GTI.

I does look nice in red though. Congrats.
    '13 VT

Nice ride! I do like that spoiler too!
    Spooling up.

I have been debating trading in my NA V for one of these...
    2012 Century White Veloster M/T <3

congrats on your new Focus ST. looks great!
    2012 26.2 Yellow Veloster
    2008 Kia Sportage
    1991 Dodge D150

lol i love hyundai drivers saying ford is a crappy quality. Hyundai has the same bad reputation so who are we to judge. Nice st, i love the way they look.
    VelosteRyan likes this.

Thanks all, I've logged just over 1500mi on it so far, aside from the fuel economy this thing bests my old V in just about every category. More fun to drive, handles better, fit and finish is nicer, doesn't rattle everywhere, the paint doesnt scratch when your looking at it... I can't say I miss anything about my old V. Price wise, it starts at 24K, mine was a tick under 28K, so it was substantially more than my 'fully loaded' V. But oh boy is it worth it!
    -Detailing Connoisseur

Nice, lately I've been thinking about selling or trading mine in for an EVO X. I did see a white ST yesterday when I was out Christmas shopping, I like what I saw.
    2013 Veloster Turbo Base
    2007 Versa SL
    1989 240sx XE

Nice. I am thinking about picking one up. Love the color. Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Quote Originally Posted by toshko321 View Post
    Eww

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
    lol, thats what I said about the veloster turbo...
    -Detailing Connoisseur

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements