NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Volvo C30??

Volvo C30??

Just saw one on my commute home. Looks pretty cool and neat.

Would be interesting to compare C30 to VT?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Don't do it. If you compare the two you will say.. HOLY CRAP the C30 is way better with more power and everything. Then you buy one and then find out how crappy volvo's are and learn that in volvo's.....everything breaks.... i mean everything...

It's also been or is about to be discontinued.
    It's always been on my short list of cars I'd like to worn, especially the R-type
    off to the the dark side

880 Don't buy, lease or rent the Volvo C30. They definitely look great but...

I have owned two Volvo's: A Intercooled Turbo 242C in 1983 and a 2000 Convertible (wife's car). They spent more time with the mechanic's at the dealership, then with me.

My happiest day is when they were sold.

I had a c30 as my last car. I liked it and had no mechanical problems. Bought it on 23k and in 14 months was up to 66k. Sadly it was in an accident and was written off. Only complaint would be that in the accident my airbag didnt deploy but the passenger one did despite there being only me in the car. Apparently this is a more common problem on volvos than they would care to mention. Anyway I'm now awaiting my veloster being delivered so I guess all is well that ends well. I'm much more excited about the veloster package. My volvo was the r-design sport and that doesn't even have a trip computer.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

i really love the c30, i always wanted one. if i had a choice between the NAV and c30 i think i would still pick the NAV. its so much more edgy.
    2012 Boston Red Veloster NA Base Manual BTRcc tuned 167whp / 138wtq SOLD!

2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual

I dont agree with you, volvo is very great car almost no problems acquire.
    i still own Volvo from the 80's and its drive smoth the eninge work like i just got the car out of the store

80s volvos are spectacular cars. but the volvo of today is not a great car company.
    2012 Boston Red Veloster NA Base Manual BTRcc tuned 167whp / 138wtq SOLD!

2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual

is volvo still one of the safest cars around? the c30 looks cool but personally i think it looks like a girlier, swedish version of the Veloster. more power yes, but i have a feeling that in time, when there are more companies making more performance mods for the V, it will respond as well as the Acura Integra...not to compare KDM with JDM.

MTD
    I always thought they looked good. But IMO more of a GTI competitor then a Velo.
    '13 VT

I previously owned a Volvo. As I toured the PDX auto show yesterday and strolled past a Volvo, I remarked to my spouse "That would be the LAST vehicle on display here that I would ever purchase again."

Highly overrated...advertising safety hype...mucho costly maintenance/warranty issues.

Also if you got the c30 you would be cool like that vampire guy in that awesome movie.

Years ago when most vehicles were frankly "deathtraps" in even slow-speed accidents, Volvo did sell on "safety", as their vehicles had some unique architecture and features which put them a step-above in an accident. However that all went away with all passenger vehicles built today equipped for safety far and above any Volvo from 25 years ago. Volvos from that era -"safer" that they may have been, were only slightly better looking than the Checker Marathon. Losing that "safer" edge, they've had to catch-up with today's more contemporary and attractive sedans and wagons.
    The C30 was a sad attempt to bring back the passionate P1800ES. The exterior styling is nice but short of exciting and the interior was downright dull. No surprise it didn't last.
    2013 Veloster Turbo Automatic, Ultra Black/Gray, Ultimate Package...Driving My Dream!

15. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements