Veloster Forum banner

Evap Canister recall on northern sold velosters

17K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  jkt1954 
#1 ·
Got my letter today about it. Apparently the salt deteriorates the bracket and sometimes the seal itself.

taking the car in this week and making the floridian dealer fix it.

#2 ·
had mine done already like 8 weeks ago.

#5 ·
I had the bracket replaced and the canister inspected. They told me everything was good on the canister.

Prior to the recall I had a check engine light for an EVAP leak and just cleared it to see if it would come back. About a week after the bracket replacement it did come back. After some research it was pointing towards an issue with the evap canister. I took it back to the dealer and sure enough there was a crack in the canister. Replaced under warranty. Long story short, I would recommend having them take an extra close look at the canister.

#6 ·
Anyone has a link to the recall itself? I am wondering if it is this limited to certain MYs, and/or how they define "northern". Mine was bought in Va, which is not exactly northern, but we get a lot of salt in the winter. I got no letter, my VIN brings up no open recalls on either Hyundai or NHTSA recall site.

#8 ·
Just received mine today, but i'm in Canada. If you open the image in a new window it's big enough to read.

Reactions: mdm
#7 ·
I received the same recall notice two days ago. It was from Hyundai Canada as I am in Toronto, Ontario Canada.
It is for the evap emission canister. Talk about timing.. .as I am (sadly!!!) returning my Veloster tomorrow (lease) and leaving the Hyundai family (argh!!) after 25 years. (picking up a new Honda Civic hatch).

#15 · (Edited)
You can always go the Hyundai website and search your VIN for any recalls or service bulletins. Don't count on snail mail alone.

Edit: this was a recall in Canada and maybe in certain parts of the U.S. As for me, it is just an "extended warranty notification". But, yes, even that came to me via snail mail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.