NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: BlueLink Software Update/ Service Bulletin

BlueLink Software Update/ Service Bulletin

I emailed Hyundai to see if there was a Bluelink update and they sent me a bulletin.

It fixes EcoCoach and response times as well as maintenance alerts in your car.

I can post the bulletin if you want, just tell me because I have to take my info off of it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

I'd like to see that

How do you get this update? Over the air or at dealer?

Sent from my A100 using AutoGuide.com App
    Vlad the Veloster - Vitamin C, DCT, Style

Thank you for contacting Bluelink, and we apologize for any inconvenience. Hyundai Motor America has sent the following Service Campaign letter to inform you of an upgrade necessary for the Bluelink System. This will also help correct the Eco Coach concern you have mentioned.
    Dear 2012 Hyundai Veloster Owner:
    Since launching Blue Link, Hyundai has received accolades for leading the industry in Cloud-Based In-Car Application technology. We have also achieved leadership in telematics feature offering with over 30 Safety, Security, and Convenience features. Through December 2011, we have sold more than 85,000 vehicles equipped with Blue Link providing Hyundai customers peace of mind with the Assurance Package, adding convenience with the Essentials Package and getting them where they need to go with the Guidance Package. Even so, we continue to strive for further improvements and are issuing a Service Campaign to increase your satisfaction with your 2012 Veloster with Blue Link. This letter provides you with information about the Service Campaign.
    What is the purpose of the Service Campaign?
    This Service Campaign will increase functionality of the Blue Link system by improving the maintenance alert interface and reducing the time to connect to services upon pressing the Blue Link button or Enhanced Navigation Services button.

ATTENTION
    : This necessary upgrade to the Blue Link system is required so you will not experience any interruption in services. Vehicles not upgraded by April 30, 2012 will no longer be able to access Blue Link and subscriptions will be suspended until the upgrade is performed.
    What vehicles does this apply to?
    This Service Campaign applies only to 2012 model year Sonatas and Velosters enrolled in Blue Link.
    What will Hyundai do?
    Hyundai will perform a software update and inspect/replace components as required at no cost to you.
    What should you do?
    Please schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience to take your vehicle to your Hyundai dealer. When you make an appointment, please confirm the dealer’s schedule to determine how much time will be required to perform the work so you may plan appropriately.

To avoid any interruption of Blue Link services, your 2012 Veloster must receive the system software upgrade prior to
    April 30, 2012.
    To help facilitate the upgrade process, you can schedule an online appointment with a Hyundai dealer or use "Service Link" from your vehicle by pressing the Blue Link button.
    Service Campaign Notification
    To schedule an online appointment, please visit Hyundai.com, click on "Find a Dealer" and input your zip code. When your preferred dealer appears, click on "Schedule Service" under their address.
    o
    If you already have a log-in and password for online scheduling, enter them, click on "Log In", then click on "Repair". Select "Campaign" and in the "Repair Service" box, enter the code: VELOSTER TK0 and click on "OK". Follow the instructions on the next screens to schedule your appointment.

o
    If you do not have a log-in and password, complete the information under "New Customer" and click on "Repair". Select "Campaign" and in the "Repair Service" box, enter the code: VELOSTER TKO and click on "OK". Follow the instructions on the next screens to schedule your appointment.
    If your preferred dealer does not have a link to schedule service online, please call them to schedule an appointment.
    You can also use the Blue Link feature, Service Link, to schedule your appointment. Simply press the Blue Link button and when prompted for a command, say "Service Link". An agent will work with you to schedule your appointment. To ensure you are schedule accurately, provide the campaign code, VELOSTER TKO, when prompted for appointment type.
    What if you have questions?
    If you have any questions related to this Service Campaign, please contact the Hyundai Customer Connect Center at 1-800-633-5151 or ConsumerAffairs@hmausa.com.
    If you have any questions related to your Blue Link Account, please contact Blue Link Customer Care at CustomerCare@HyundaiBlueLink.com, 855-2-BlueLink (855-225-8354) or visit MyHyundai.com.
    We thank you for purchasing your 2012 Veloster with Blue Link and wish you continued satisfaction.
    Sincerely,
    Hyundai Motor America
    If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us anytime.
    1-855-2-BlueLink. (855-225-8354)
    Thank you,
    BlueLink Customer Care
    The information in this email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this message or attachment is strictly prohibited. We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses. If you believe that you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the email and all of its attachments.

You get this update at the dealer.

Blog Entries
    thank you meehow...have mine booked
    2012 "V" Tech Package
    Born on 12/29/11
    Ultra Black
    Tint 50/35

I booked mine, thanks!

Thanks, got mine set up for thursday

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey V View Post
    Thanks, got mine set up for thursday
    ditto!

Blog Entries
    Booked. I've got an hour to get to the appointment. Bye!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
    Vigor the Veloster - 2012 Marathon Blue/Black Interior, DCT, Package 3 (USA Tech & Style)
    Born Christmas Day (Dec. 25), 2011 - Delivered Feb. 10, 2012

I hope this improves Bluelink. It takes forever to connect. As a result, I let mine lapse. I just didn't sense that Hyundai was serious about Bluelink.
    XanRules likes this.

Thank you for putting this, I hope it will fix everything that is wrong.

Dumb questions probably -- is there an online way to book appts or do you just call in?

Blog Entries
    Just got back from the dealer.

Pat, the technician working on my car, is extremely knowledgable and said the campaign does not apply to my V (mine was born 12/25/2011). Indeed, he took the time to drive (with my permission) Vigor over a number of miles and conditions to make sure everything is OK. He even tried to earn me a Eco-Point.

And yes, I figure he hadn't had much time behind the wheel of a V with the Style & Tech package, so I felt there was nothing wrong with building a rapport with one of the techs, whom I can ask for by name, next time I come in for service.

I feel fortunate that my dealer (Adamson Motors) not only offers a top-notch sales experience, but service is also excellent. In fact, their courtesy van dropped-off and picked me up from my apartment when I had the "clear bra" and back bumper paint-protector film applied.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
    Vigor the Veloster - 2012 Marathon Blue/Black Interior, DCT, Package 3 (USA Tech & Style)

I got a call from my dealership that they had applied this before I picked it up. I am not sure how much of an improvement it is, I have the eco report that is 9mpg lower than what I actually got, and bluelink website is still showing that I have 6 miles on the car.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mistyvox View Post
    I got a call from my dealership that they had applied this before I picked it up. I am not sure how much of an improvement it is, I have the eco report that is 9mpg lower than what I actually got, and bluelink website is still showing that I have 6 miles on the car.
    I'm experiencing the same behavior as you, but my technician was adamant that everything is up-to-date and all campaigns applicable have already been done at the factory.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Information about the campaign was just released to the dealers sometime yesterday, so some dealers may not have been aware of it (there was a previous one that was out just for cars in dealer stock - they may have thought this was the one you were referring to). I would double check with them to be sure. The dealer stock one has now been cancelled and replaced by this new one.

When speaking with the dealership, reference Service Campaign #TK3. According to the bulletin for the campaign, it applies to all 2012 Velosters, produced from SOP (start of production) through 1/20/2012.

2013 Elite White Veloster Turbo M/T with Ultimate Package | 2009 CBR 600RA (RR w/ABS)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKinFLL View Post
    When speaking with the dealership, reference Service Campaign #TK3. According to the bulletin for the campaign, it applies to all 2012 Velosters, produced from SOP (start of production) through 1/20/2012.
    Ah. So, I may have to make another appointment. Thanks for the FYI.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffda View Post
    Dumb questions probably -- is there an online way to book appts or do you just call in?
    Certainly not a dumb question... Go to MyHyundai.com and login or register, then follow the instructions as directed in the bulletin in the thread. You can book an appointment with a dealer from there.

Remember, as ChucknFLL has indicated, you need to refer to Campaign TK3 (not TK0 as indicated on the bulletin) to get the correct update.

I just got my inhibitor switch replaced along with the back fuse and the 1st/2nd gear update and they also did the Bluelink update.

Just wanted to let you guys know...
    Hyundai Veloster | Boston Red | Delivery: 12-07-2011 | Style Package & Tech Package | Nickname: "Jelly Bean" | 20% Tint Hatch & Side Windows | Custom AEM Short Ram Air Intake |

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements