NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Sun Roof Exploded!

Quote Originally Posted by stig1202 View Post
    Not a flooky thing! many people have problems with sunroofs exploding!!!

this is a story on Autoguide.com

"Hyundai Veloster Under Safety Investigation for “Exploding” Sunroof"
    The NHTSA Office of Defect Investigation is looking into eleven complaints received from owners of 2012 HyundaiVeloster vehicles, who allege that their panaromic sunroofs shattered or exploded.
    Point? that link has been posted TWICE within the past 15 posts and is quoted in my reply.
    Folks, if you're not even going to read the 10 posts before yours before posting you've earned a "fail at forums" badge.
    Maverick74 likes this.
    off to the the dark side

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
    Posted less than 10 posts ago with Sun Roof Exploded! so I'm not sure why you needed to post it again.
    They just want to give you another reason to post.
    Master Procrastinator.
    White with Red & Black, Style and Tech

Quote Originally Posted by sc.veloster View Post
    They just want to give you another reason to post.
    dude, trust me, I need no additional incentive, I'd think folks would prefer I just shut up.

(awaiting a bazillion "so an so likes this" responses to shutting me up!)
    BluMeanie likes this.
    off to the the dark side

dude, trust me, I need no additional incentive, I'd think folks would prefer I just shut up.

(awaiting a bazillion "so an so likes this" responses to shutting me up!)
    No harm done with these posts. People need to know.
    Velsoteray - Blue, tech, tinted, totally debadged, black & blue custom paint and vinyl from wheels to roof.

Quote Originally Posted by velosteray View Post
    No harm done with these posts. People need to know.
    Sure people need to know, but posting the same link to the same story 3 times in 15 posts is just plain lazy and shows a lack of awareness in the thread and an overall lack of netiquette.
    I'll make this one easy.

[mod tiara]
    Duplicate posts that add nothing other than the already posted link will be/have been removed.
    [/mod tiara]

If anyone has an issue with this, then please start a discussion in http://www.veloster.org/forum/32-vel...ions-feedback/ and you'll have the mods full attention.
    off to the the dark side

Sure people need to know, but posting the same link to the same story 3 times in 15 posts is just plain lazy and shows a lack of awareness in the thread and an overall lack of netiquette.
    I'll make this one easy.

[mod tiara]
    Duplicate posts that add nothing other than the already posted link will be/have been removed.
    [/mod tiara]

If anyone has an issue with this, then please start a discussion in http://www.veloster.org/forum/32-vel...ions-feedback/ and you'll have the mods full attention.
    Malus puella.

You are very consistent with your dislike of exploding sunroofs. Keep adding rules and controls like this and you may find yourself alone on this forum, because peopel like to have freedom to post. Must say you stumped me on this one Dianne.
    bxveloster likes this.
    Velsoteray - Blue, tech, tinted, totally debadged, black & blue custom paint and vinyl from wheels to roof.

Any updates to this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor View Post
    I was on my way to work, 5:30am...driving down the freeway, and BAM! Sounded like a bomb went off.

I was one of 3 - 4 cars on the road, no one was really near me.

Hyundai was really good about it. They towed it to the dealer (I was afraid of the glass falling on my head), they set me up in a rental, 2 days later I had my Veloster back.

I'm not gonna lie...it was a little scary and I'm still kinda nervous driving it. But evverything is working properly, just one of those flooky things.

Attachment 2999Attachment 3000
    Scarey stuff!!
    Former car:
    2013 Veloster Boston Red
    ext, black & gray int. 6spd M/T(Christine the evil demon car)
    Replaced with 2013 Elantra GT 6spd M/T Style & Tech, Loaded with every possible option.
    Unfortunately it's turning out to be "Christine part 2"

Quote Originally Posted by veloguy View Post
    Any updates to this yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by VelosterLady View Post
    Scarey stuff!!
    The issue appears to have diminished with cooler weather.

Hmmm...early production problems or temp related? Trolls?

A few new threads have been created but wanted to make sure this is alive too

My Sunroof Shattered Spontaneously While Parked

I didn't know about the recall until yesterday when my sunroof spontaneously shattered thankfully while parked. Roadside assistance is coming to tow it. Let's see how soon this gets fixed and with how much hassle. I'm 900 miles from home and thankful that it didn't happen while driving on a snowy mountain pass a few days ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sun Roof Exploded!-photo-21.jpg   Sun Roof Exploded!-photo-20.jpg  

Sorry to see that, Take it to the dealer, there is a recall out for this
    Ultimate Elite White VT A/T • Window Tint: 35% Front 30% Back • Vogue Signature V Tires • OEM Mudguards • Short Ram Intake • Pierce Motorsports VT-ONE Series Chromoly Strutbrace • Magnaflow Catback Exhaust • Turbosocks FMIC • BTRcc Custom Tune

Was your V built within the Nov. 1/2011-April 17/2012 recall window?

Yes. They were noncommittal that it would be covered, but gave me a rental. #kafka

Quote Originally Posted by interloper74 View Post
    I didn't know about the recall until yesterday when my sunroof spontaneously shattered thankfully while parked. Roadside assistance is coming to tow it. Let's see how soon this gets fixed and with how much hassle. I'm 900 miles from home and thankful that it didn't happen while driving on a snowy mountain pass a few days ago.
    It is amusing that those with exploding sunroofs are first time posters. AND the name interloper which means "someone who feels they do not belong" posts their very first 2 posts. Nice pics. Hyundai has already said they will take care of this in the recall. Tell us more about being 900 miles away, the rental, and where the car is towed away to. Happy 2013, btw.

AND where are you located?
    Last edited by jkt1954; 12-31-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Sept/2012.. whew.. scary tho.. I'm sure we will see some more of these until all the sun roof equipped Velos from that 6 month window (no pun intended) are fixed.

Hilarious, jkt1954, I live in Portland, OR. I am in San Francisco, ca. The dealer still hasn't affirmed that they will replace under the recall, but they did extend my rental car and order the glass. Should be here Wednesday or Thursday. Interloper as a username precedes my ambivalent veloster ownership and user name creation to this forum.

Also the clock losing time is on their list of 'campaigns' to fix. That was the original reason they gave for giving me a rental car. Not the sunroof issue which they wouldn't commit to as part of the recall.

my dealership (dick Hannah) in Portland tried to upswell me into a turbo over the phone when I called to let them know about the sunroof.

Quote Originally Posted by interloper74 View Post
    Hilarious, jkt1954, I live in Portland, OR. I am in San Francisco, ca. The dealer still hasn't affirmed that they will replace under the recall, but they did extend my rental car and order the glass. Should be here Wednesday or Thursday. Interloper as a username precedes my ambivalent veloster ownership and user name creation to this forum.

Also the clock losing time is on their list of 'campaigns' to fix. That was the original reason they gave for giving me a rental car. Not the sunroof issue which they wouldn't commit to as part of the recall.

my dealership (dick Hannah) in Portland tried to upswell me into a turbo over the phone when I called to let them know about the sunroof.
    get the turbo, you won't regret it! lol

Took mine in for the moonroof and ebrake recalls today. My moonroof failed testing and shattered, I was surprised! They replaced it and ordered the parts for my ebrake

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku13 View Post
    Took mine in for the moonroof and ebrake recalls today. My moonroof failed testing and shattered, I was surprised! They replaced it and ordered the parts for my ebrake
    I hope everyone takes their car in for both of these recalls -- while it might be inconvenient, I'd rather take the time now rather than being surprised by either of the problems later. And the onus is on the owner once a recall has been put out there -- failure to return is not Hyundai's problem -- it is yours.

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements