NEWS
 

  1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 285
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Has anyone done a lemon law claim??

  1. #81
    Senior Member VelosterLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Western Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Briansid View Post
    Sounds like a mostly wasted trip today. 4 hours with the roof open and they couldn't find a rattle? I hope you at least got the speaker replacement done. If not what did they do? 2 more weeks til they get it for 2 days to find a rattle? Out of curiosity where is the rattle and when does it happen? Mine was toward the front near the map lights. It happened on less then smooth roads and created a sort of buzz like rattle. I could push up on the headliner and it would stop. It was close to the front of the sun roof.

    It's nice you get some good loaners. I always get an Elantra whenever I bring mine in. Sometimes a Limited. I wish they would give me genesis coupe or VT. At least my drive would be fun.

    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    The rattle in mine is like yours, near the map light area I think, and happens on less than smooth roads. They had taken the glass roof completely out of my car yesterday and had it out for 4 hours before they had to put it back in. Unfortunately their loaners are booked weeks ahead, so they had to put my car back together so I could return the loaner for the next customer to use it today. They did replace the speaker and the steering wheel silver bezel. I havent found a way to make the rattling stop, other than 1. stay off less than smooth roads (Impossible in massachusetts) or 2 don't drive the car. I have to wait 2 weeks until a loaner is available for 2 days so they can take the roof apart again and try to figure out what's causing it. Did you ever figure out what was causing yours? When my car first started going in the shop last year I didn't like the loaner cars, and I couldnt wait to get my own car back. Yesterday I could have cared less if I ever got mine back, and I really enjoyed that Sonata Limited. Why? Because 1. it was quiet, and 2. everything worked correctly! This is becoming a lot more important to me than having a "bad ass looking car". Even though my radio is now producing sound again, I fear its only a matter of time before another speaker blows. Even the dealer feels its only a matter of time before the stereo itself blows again, which is why they wont' replace the damaged dash yet because they're afraid it'll just get damaged again. Praying every day for that magical call from the lemon law attorney that Hyundai is offering me a new Veloster. I just don't understand what happened with this vehicle. Hyundai normally makes stellar vehicles, but they totally dropped the ball on this model, used awful quality parts, they made a bad ass looking car, and used crappy stuff to build it. Floors me and disgusts me, because this is not what I'm used to from Hyundai.
    The stereos in the Elantra Limited and the Sonata Limited are a completely different kind of touch screen than our Velosters. I wonder if they also run on the crappy Winblows O/S that ours do?
    Christine the demon car has long worn out her welcome with me. I may for ha ha's go test drive a Scion TC today.
    Last edited by VelosterLady; 09-04-2013 at 10:14 AM.
    Former car:
    2013 Veloster Boston Red
    ext, black & gray int. 6spd M/T(Christine the evil demon car)
    Replaced with 2013 Elantra GT 6spd M/T Style & Tech, Loaded with every possible option.
    Unfortunately it's turning out to be "Christine part 2"

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements
     

  3. #82
    Senior Member Briansid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    470
    Maybe your dealer should call my dealer to figure out the rattling problem.

    I agree with you on the history of Hyundais. I have had now 4 different Hyundai over the last 7 years in my possession through the proxy of my wife. I buy them, she drives them. Now I have my own, while she has an Elantra. So is your head unit at least functional to play the radio? You have working speakers now, right? I really hope you get this whole thing figured out soon. I'm curious how this car is going to change over the next 2 or 3 years. I expect parts to change and even some of the styling to change slightly. I think your point to the quality was the only way they could cram everything they could into the car at the price point they are offering.

    I think the Elantras and Sonatas might also use Windows CE because I have seen Dezoris market his ELA software to other Hyundai models. I think the big difference is possibly LG. LG used to be GoldStar back in the day. Not exactly quality merchandise, from my memory. Their stuff they market to the US is usually decent these days, however. Maybe they still market crap in Korea.

  4. #83
    Senior Member VelosterLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Western Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Briansid View Post
    Maybe your dealer should call my dealer to figure out the rattling problem.

    I agree with you on the history of Hyundais. I have had now 4 different Hyundai over the last 7 years in my possession through the proxy of my wife. I buy them, she drives them. Now I have my own, while she has an Elantra. So is your head unit at least functional to play the radio? You have working speakers now, right? I really hope you get this whole thing figured out soon. I'm curious how this car is going to change over the next 2 or 3 years. I expect parts to change and even some of the styling to change slightly. I think your point to the quality was the only way they could cram everything they could into the car at the price point they are offering.

    I think the Elantras and Sonatas might also use Windows CE because I have seen Dezoris market his ELA software to other Hyundai models. I think the big difference is possibly LG. LG used to be GoldStar back in the day. Not exactly quality merchandise, from my memory. Their stuff they market to the US is usually decent these days, however. Maybe they still market crap in Korea.
    My radio is functional as far as playing music. It's still driving me nuts with the bluetooth though. I tell it "Call Mom" it replies back "Call 905 sorry". wtf?
    Or it will display a list of people and tell me to choose a line.
    The elantra Coupe is not much more expensive than this is, and they manage to cram most of the same technology into it, and apparently in the Elantra it works correctly.
    Since the stereo looks completely different kind of touch screen I wonder if its the same Windows OS or something else.
    One thing I can say for my dealer is they always do the best they can with it, and are scratching their heads and just as frustrated as I am with it.
    I always used to sing the praises of Hyundai to everyone, I got 3 family members and 3 friends to buy Hyundai's and all of them are super happy with their cars. My dad bought a 2002 XG350L 2 years ago, his has 160k on it and he swears its the most beautiful car he's ever owned, it's given him no trouble what so ever. My aunt bought the Mini van they used to make, she likes it, some friends of mine bought a Santafe and 2 Sonatas' and no problems what so ever. So I get stuck with the dud. I guess if it had to happen I'd rather be the one stuck with the dud, than me talking a friend or family member into getting a Hyundai and then they get a dud and I never hear the end of it. I didn't even tell anyone my car had so many problems until about June this year, it became unavoidable, too many times people saw me with out my own car and said "where's your car? You can't be due for an oil change again already?" Yes I was lying and saying it was in for an oil change or something when it was in the shop before because I was so embarrassed to say it was something broke again.
    Faxed over the latest set of repair paper work to the lawyer and asked hopefully "Did Hyundai contact you yet", they responded back "no not yet, we're closing in on the 45 day mark, so we should hear something soon."
    Keeping my fingers crossed that I'm driving a brand new trouble free Veloster very soon! (What a concept that would be eh?)
    They are welcome to have Christine the demon car any time they like!
    Former car:
    2013 Veloster Boston Red
    ext, black & gray int. 6spd M/T(Christine the evil demon car)
    Replaced with 2013 Elantra GT 6spd M/T Style & Tech, Loaded with every possible option.
    Unfortunately it's turning out to be "Christine part 2"

  5. #84
    Senior Member Briansid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    470
    Hopefully, when it's all said and done with Hyundai and all goes well for you, Christine will look like this.
    Attachment 23026

    And you end up with this.
    Attachment 23034

  6. #85
    Senior Member VelosterLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Western Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Briansid View Post
    Hopefully, when it's all said and done with Hyundai and all goes well for you, Christine will look like this.
    Attachment 23026

    And you end up with this.
    Attachment 23034
    Are you ready for this one? I stopped at the Hyundai dealer today with you guessed it, more radio issues! The bluetooth won't stay connected. And even when it shows its connected, the sound from the phone isn't coming out of the radio speakers! I Have to use the speaker on my phone!
    And this is where it gets cute (sarcasm) I've been running around for about 3 weeks using the last owner of that radios XM subscription! AND their contacts list was still in there too! So if this is refurbished, why the hell arent they taking out the previous owners contact list and voiding out the XM subscription????? Now I'm freaked out, because they have 2 radios that were in my car, so that means my contacts are out there somewhere possibly being used in someone elses car! WTF really? This has got to be some kind of privacy violation somehow. I can't believe they are doing this. And I don't believe they "Fix" anything when they refurbish them, I think they just ship them back out to be put in another customers car with out altering a thing on them. Sooooooo flippin mad right now.
    Former car:
    2013 Veloster Boston Red
    ext, black & gray int. 6spd M/T(Christine the evil demon car)
    Replaced with 2013 Elantra GT 6spd M/T Style & Tech, Loaded with every possible option.
    Unfortunately it's turning out to be "Christine part 2"

  7. #86
    Senior Member Briansid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    470
    Holy cow! Call your lawyer about that one. Not only is that not refurbished, that's a poor handling of personal information. Supposedly you can save an image on these things to use as a screensaver. What if someone saved an image in poor taste or something else personally identifiable and you get it on your next "refurbished" radio. That's either a dealer or manufacturer major snafu. Either way your lawyer needs that information as part of the ongoing effort for negotiations.

    Refurbished is supposed to be reset, reloaded, repaired, and made to original manufacturer specifications of new, without actually being new out of the box.
    Oh, and talk to the service manager and get his manager's name. That's so wrong.

    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Lighting: HID Low Beams 6000K, Stage 1 LED Front Signals, Stage 2 LED Rear Signals, Brake, and Reverse, Stage 2 interior light kit
    Suspension: Eibach Pro Kit
    Engine: Injen CAI Chrome Finish, painted engine bay
    External: Dipped logos, tinted windows(20% rear, 30% front), blacked out grille, EzLip front lip
    Wheels: Coming soon
    Exhaust: Coming later

  8. #87
    Senior Member VelosterLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Western Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Briansid View Post
    Holy cow! Call your lawyer about that one. Not only is that not refurbished, that's a poor handling of personal information. Supposedly you can save an image on these things to use as a screensaver. What if someone saved an image in poor taste or something else personally identifiable and you get it on your next "refurbished" radio. That's either a dealer or manufacturer major snafu. Either way your lawyer needs that information as part of the ongoing effort for negotiations.

    Refurbished is supposed to be reset, reloaded, repaired, and made to original manufacturer specifications of new, without actually being new out of the box.
    Oh, and talk to the service manager and get his manager's name. That's so wrong.

    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    I'm on hold with Hyundai now. I went off, told the woman the whole story, she said sorry but Hyundai pays a 3rd party company to refurbish the radios so we have no way of knowing that the prior owners information is not being wiped off the radios. She further told me that its Hyundai policy to replace with refurbished radios and they cannot help me. I said let me speak to a supervisor. So I'm on hold waiting to speak to a supervisor.
    WTF? I guarantee sooner or later they are going to find out that the company they engaged to "refurbish" the radios is not doing it. They're just taking the old radio putting it back in a box and shipping it out without bothering to wipe information or fix what was wrong with it.
    ::Few minutes later::When speaking to the supervisor he went into the notes more on previous calls, and noticed that I have the attorney, and abruptly said he cannot speak with me further, told me to have my lawyer contact them, and terminated the call. ~sigh~

    Also found out 2014 Veloster is not coming out until late November or December.
    Last edited by VelosterLady; 09-04-2013 at 08:16 PM.
    Former car:
    2013 Veloster Boston Red
    ext, black & gray int. 6spd M/T(Christine the evil demon car)
    Replaced with 2013 Elantra GT 6spd M/T Style & Tech, Loaded with every possible option.
    Unfortunately it's turning out to be "Christine part 2"

  9. #88
    Senior Member bhughes24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dunmore, PA (Scranton area)
    Posts
    458
    Is there a certain time limit that Hyundai MUST get back to on your claim?
    '13 VT Ultimate-MT in Ironman Silver w/ Black Accents & MSR 095 Black Pearl 18x8" Wheels
    SFR Custom Tune (+40whp & 39Ft-lbs torque gains)
    INJEN SRI, SOLO HF Cat, QR-300S Resonator & 3" Cat-Back Exhaust
    JL Audio XD-700/5 Channel Amplifier
    Focal 'Integrated' ISS-165 6-1/2" [Front]
    Focal CA-165 6-1/2" coaxial drivers, [Rears]
    JL Audio 10" W1 Subwoofer in 'AE' ported enclosure
    Pierce Motorsports Torsion Bar, VT-ONE Strut Bar, Tiebar Brace
    Sales@SilverbulletCustomEmblems.com

  10. #89
    Senior Member VelosterLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Western Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by bhughes24 View Post
    Is there a certain time limit that Hyundai MUST get back to on your claim?
    Not that I am aware of. But I was told today they typically take about 45 business days, which is the longest of any manufacturer that they deal with.
    I'm going to Toyota/Scion dealer this afternoon to see if I can trade this nightmare in.
    If they offer me cash settlement, I still owe the entire loan amount due and the title is stamped lemon and nobody in their right mind will buy it off me. And my warranty is void so I end up with a car that constantly breaks that I cannot afford to fix.
    if I take the buy out, I will end up owing money for a car I no longer have
    If I manage to get them to swap the car, there are a lot of fees involved in that too. So any way I look at it I'm completely screwed.
    Former car:
    2013 Veloster Boston Red
    ext, black & gray int. 6spd M/T(Christine the evil demon car)
    Replaced with 2013 Elantra GT 6spd M/T Style & Tech, Loaded with every possible option.
    Unfortunately it's turning out to be "Christine part 2"

  11. #90
    Senior Member Briansid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by VelosterLady View Post
    Not that I am aware of. But I was told today they typically take about 45 business days, which is the longest of any manufacturer that they deal with.
    I'm going to Toyota/Scion dealer this afternoon to see if I can trade this nightmare in.
    If they offer me cash settlement, I still owe the entire loan amount due and the title is stamped lemon and nobody in their right mind will buy it off me. And my warranty is void so I end up with a car that constantly breaks that I cannot afford to fix.
    if I take the buy out, I will end up owing money for a car I no longer have
    If I manage to get them to swap the car, there are a lot of fees involved in that too. So any way I look at it I'm completely screwed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Briansid View Post
    Every state law is different regarding lemon law. In TX it's really hard to get rid of the car unless there is a major safety flaw reported in the lemon claim. Outside of that you most likely get some compensation and keep the car. Then you're still stuck with the note and a claim on the title. Had a friend who went through a claim and was told at the get go by a lawyer he probably won't be satisfied with the results. He wasn't. Got some cash, kept the car, but wasn't enough to really do anything to pay off the car. He would have had to sell it with the lemon claim on the title and hope what he got was enough to cover the difference he got from the settlement.

    Just go into this hoping for the best outcome, but expecting little in the way of satisfaction. Hopefully MA laws are little better regarding lemon claims than TX.

    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Just as a recall of one of my first posts in this thread I identified much of what you are finding out, or already knew. Lemon laws generally aren't to the benefit of the car owner, unless things are so bad you want out at almost any cost. I would agree you fit that model.

    Good luck at the Toyota dealer. I hope you get a good deal so you can get on with life and a good car, or at least better behaving. Being only a year old it will be tough to get a good trade in value, especially if you financed for more than 3 yrs. I financed mine for 6, because I usually keep my cars for 5 years or more. I don't plan to have a lemon, and I know no one else does either. If I do end up with a lemon at some point, financing like I do, I'll be screwed.

    I feel like I'm watching a TV drama unfold and wait for each week's episode. Will VelosterLady get out of her car? Will her stereo ever play music for more than a week straight? Will Hyundai provide the deal she needs to get out of the car? Will it snow before November? I wait for all of these things to be answered each week.

    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Lighting: HID Low Beams 6000K, Stage 1 LED Front Signals, Stage 2 LED Rear Signals, Brake, and Reverse, Stage 2 interior light kit
    Suspension: Eibach Pro Kit
    Engine: Injen CAI Chrome Finish, painted engine bay
    External: Dipped logos, tinted windows(20% rear, 30% front), blacked out grille, EzLip front lip
    Wheels: Coming soon
    Exhaust: Coming later

  12. #91
    Senior Member VelosterLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Western Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Briansid View Post
    Just as a recall of one of my first posts in this thread I identified much of what you are finding out, or already knew. Lemon laws generally aren't to the benefit of the car owner, unless things are so bad you want out at almost any cost. I would agree you fit that model.

    Good luck at the Toyota dealer. I hope you get a good deal so you can get on with life and a good car, or at least better behaving. Being only a year old it will be tough to get a good trade in value, especially if you financed for more than 3 yrs. I financed mine for 6, because I usually keep my cars for 5 years or more. I don't plan to have a lemon, and I know no one else does either. If I do end up with a lemon at some point, financing like I do, I'll be screwed.

    I feel like I'm watching a TV drama unfold and wait for each week's episode. Will VelosterLady get out of her car? Will her stereo ever play music for more than a week straight? Will Hyundai provide the deal she needs to get out of the car? Will it snow before November? I wait for all of these things to be answered each week.

    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    SO I took the Scion for a test drive, yuck! No way, not for me, and what's worse? The radio was dead, with 1 mile on the car, the radio doesn't work, there were a multitude of rattles and squeeks in the car too, all with only 1 mile on it, no thanks! They're all we'll fix it don't worry, I said nope no thanks. Didnt like how it drives or handles either, it does not come with XM radio or pandora, the handling is sloppy like your grampas Buick, not tight and sharp like the Veloster, its a junky cheapy feeling car. The interior styling sucks in comparison to the Veloster too. Also took a 2014 Corolla for a test drive, ~gag~ it looks like the new dodge dart. Checked out the 2013 FR-S, however its rear wheel drive, a big no go for New England Winters, and I didn't like the interior styling of that either, the Veloster definitely has better styling inside and out than Scions!

    Some slightly good news, apparently the person at the law office I spoke to earlier today had misinformed me slightly. If I take a cash payment on the car, they do NOT stamp the title lemon, I still pay off my current balance on the car, they might extend the warranty instead of cancelling it, and they only stamp a title as a lemon if they buy the car back, in which case I could care less what they do with it. If they buy it back they add in what I paid for it down payment, what my payments have been total, what it cost in the first place, I get my down payment back, which in my case is 4 grand, and they calculate a usage fee out of the balance, I'd probably walk away with out owing anything on it and have my 4 grand back to buy something else. The even swap thing I would have to pay to transfer my registration which I think is 75 bucks, so overall I guess any of them are a decent solution, but after driving the Scion this afternoon I guess I still like the Veloster better than anything else out there in it's price range. Also I'd be able to pick out something of higher value if I wanted to, like add tech package or even Turbo and request it be added into my existing loan since I'm with Hyundai financing.

    Stopped by my Hyundai dealership, showed the service manager the video of how my radio locked up yesterday, wouldnt make calls even though it recited the correct phone number and name it kept telling me that my phone was unregistered, the bluetooth screwing up like crazy, he was disgusted and said he'll go to bat with Hyundai for me and push to get me a brand new radio put in instead of this used "refurbished" crap. Again relayed how stunned he was that they shipped a refurbished radio without wiping out someone elses contacts list and with out disengaging the old XM subscription either.

    Then I went over to the sales department, was going to see what they could do if I have to end up trading it. And they suggested I talk to the owner, I know him personally anyway, they said maybe he can make some calls and go to bat for me to get Hyundai off their butts and get me swapped out as a lemon for a new Veloster. They all agree they've never seen a Hyundai as bad as Christine and they all want to see me get into a new car and be a happy owner again. LOVE my dealership, great bunch of people! <3

    As it stands now Christine the devil car is going back in on the 17th and 18th for the roof to be all taken apart and find out why it's rattling (if they can), and possibly put in a brand new stereo. Service manager swears up and down that of all the Velosters they've sold and its been a lot, they've had 1 come in for a radio and 1 come in for 1 speaker, so all the nightmare I've had with my car is not normal. So I guess I might consider another one. Keeping fingers crossed praying daily that Hyundai calls and says come pick out a car.
    I wanted to say thank you again to all of you for your kind words and your support, and even your wise cracks and jokes that made me smile.
    This has been so stressful and it means a lot that as complete strangers you're here for me. Luv u guys!! Thank you!
    I saw a Veloster Turbo at the dealership with that special silver paint on it that costs extra and requires special care, omg what a gorgeous car, turbo too, with M/T, unfortunately I can't deal with the picky requirements this paint needs, cant drive it in the snow, shouldnt drive it when its raining, no car washes, ugh no thanks LOL But it sure was sharp!
    Last edited by VelosterLady; 09-05-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    Former car:
    2013 Veloster Boston Red
    ext, black & gray int. 6spd M/T(Christine the evil demon car)
    Replaced with 2013 Elantra GT 6spd M/T Style & Tech, Loaded with every possible option.
    Unfortunately it's turning out to be "Christine part 2"

  13. #92
    Senior Member VelosterLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Western Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    576
    Apparently I cannot go a week with out a problem. Blew the drivers rear speaker this morning. Called the dealer, thankfully they are not going to put me thru making an appointment to have them check it, they are just going to order it and put it in when they take the roof out on the 17th. ~sigh~
    Former car:
    2013 Veloster Boston Red
    ext, black & gray int. 6spd M/T(Christine the evil demon car)
    Replaced with 2013 Elantra GT 6spd M/T Style & Tech, Loaded with every possible option.
    Unfortunately it's turning out to be "Christine part 2"

  14. #93
    Senior Member Briansid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by VelosterLady View Post
    SO I took the Scion for a test drive, yuck! No way, not for me, and what's worse? The radio was dead, with 1 mile on the car, the radio doesn't work, there were a multitude of rattles and squeeks in the car too, all with only 1 mile on it, no thanks! They're all we'll fix it don't worry, I said nope no thanks.
    LMAO!!! I'm sorry to be laughing at your situation with the Scion test drive and the whole reason behind it, but wow! Do you know how to pick 'em or what? Talk about irony.

    On a positive note, though, you saw a Matte Gray Turbo with a MT!? Sitting on the lot, no less! Those are the most sought after models. You shouldda driven it. Not sure about the shpeel the dealer was giving you. It does require a little special care, but not much than if you were to baby your normal clear coat glossy paint. Here's an article to help understand. There's some discussions at the end of the article about snow and rain and stuff like that.

    http://www.drbeasleys.com/blog/2012/...int-made-easy/

    This is your conscience... buy the Matte Gray.... buy the Matte Gray.... Be happy.... buy the Matte Gray...

    Edited: Added article link.
    Last edited by Briansid; 09-06-2013 at 11:33 AM.

  15. #94
    Senior Member VelosterLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Western Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    576
    It's ok you can laugh I have to or I'd never stop crying really.
    The thing is it doesnt look matte gray it looks metallic, its a gorgeous gorgeous color. They said the paint care kit and the paint color itself combo costs 1 thousand extra. Huge box in the trunk of her that was just the paint care kit. That kinda freaked me out. Believe me if she wasn't sitting in the show room I would have batted my eyes at a salesman until I got a test drive LOL But I know its a huge pain to get the cars in there, never mind get them out just for a joy ride. She was a beauty for sure and I've yet to see one that color. Stunning truly stunning. It had rims on it that were a brushed metal that matched the paint, also gorgeous.
    So now I have no radio again, unless you count listening to it on volume 3 with the bass set at -5 a radio, I don't really.
    I'm looking at all sorts of other choices of Hyundai's maybe even ones with out this batshit useless worthless windows garbage touch screen.
    For me swapping for some kind of Hyundia is likely the way I'll go. Just wish they'd hurry up, cuz this is getting old. 5 days a week 65 miles a day, no radio since June, unless you count the half mile in August I had one, and the 3 days this month I had one.
    The service manager agrees with me, he can't understand if they are supposedly refurbishing these radios why are they broken as soon as he has them installed in a car? So he's going to bat for me to fight to have a brand new radio put in the car. I asked him if its possible that it could be the computer that the stereo hooks into thats screwed up instead of the radio, he said he doubts it.
    I have no bluetooth right now, because every time I try to use it, it drops the call, or flat out just doesnt work and I have to pull over and disconnect the bluetooth and try to drive while holding my phone using the phones speaker. SOOOOO Frustrating. Ugh

    When I test drove the scion they said we just got a Red one with MT in yesterday and I thought hmm maybe its a sign? Turns out yea its a sign, STOP run like hell don't buy this car LOL
    Starting to think that there is not a car maker out there that has a model with a reliable touch screen. Maybe I should just install my ipad as the touch screen? That works great and the majority of the time Siri does what I tell her to.
    I'm just so exhausted, this car is driving me crazy and the stress is truly taking its toll.
    Thanks for the link on the paint, but the one I saw didnt look like these photos on the link, and the salesman said you shouldnt drive them in the winter cuz the salt they use on the roads would ruin the paint, and no car washes either, which means I couldnt drive it the whole winter.

    Here's a pic link of one, its not the one I saw, and this doesnt do her justice. If I go back to the dealer and its still in the show room I'll take pics she's a stunner

    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwAQ&dur=603


    Check out this video!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI4vp_KQ8Pk





    Quote Originally Posted by Briansid View Post
    LMAO!!! I'm sorry to be laughing at your situation with the Scion test drive and the whole reason behind it, but wow! Do you know how to pick 'em or what? Talk about irony.

    On a positive note, though, you saw a Matte Gray Turbo with a MT!? Sitting on the lot, no less! Those are the most sought after models. You shouldda driven it. Not sure about the shpeel the dealer was giving you. It does require a little special care, but not much than if you were to baby your normal clear coat glossy paint. Here's an article to help understand. There's some discussions at the end of the article about snow and rain and stuff like that.

    Maintaining Matte Paint Is Easy

    This is your conscience... buy the Matte Gray.... buy the Matte Gray.... Be happy.... buy the Matte Gray...

    Edited: Added article link.
    Last edited by VelosterLady; 09-06-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    Former car:
    2013 Veloster Boston Red
    ext, black & gray int. 6spd M/T(Christine the evil demon car)
    Replaced with 2013 Elantra GT 6spd M/T Style & Tech, Loaded with every possible option.
    Unfortunately it's turning out to be "Christine part 2"

  16. #95
    Senior Member XanRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    998
    I've been in the process of filing one for months. Hyundai is going to fight you every step of the way. They're going to obfuscate, they're going to lie, and they're going to really try to screw you, hard. I will almost certainly have to take them to court over this (binding arbitration agreements are illegal in my state, so I still have that option).

    Thus far I've had to get my head unit replaced four times (it's still broken), I'm on my second steering wheel, my second shift knob (also peeling), my second sunroof, and my second complete rear brake assembly. The silver paint is peeling off of my interior trim and there are tons of rattles under the hood and inside the car. The leather is peeling off of my driver's seat. I'm getting 21mpg combined and my transmission grinds in and pops out of second on a regular basis.

    According to their region chief, "Hyundai's official position is that the problem[s] ha[ve] been fixed to [my] satisfaction" and as a result they will not honor my Lemon Law claim.

    Stay on them and fight them as hard as possible.

    Best of luck to you.
    Stop PM'ing me, I already answered all your questions.

  17. #96
    Senior Member VelosterLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Western Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by XanRules View Post
    I've been in the process of filing one for months. Hyundai is going to fight you every step of the way. They're going to obfuscate, they're going to lie, and they're going to really try to screw you, hard. I will almost certainly have to take them to court over this (binding arbitration agreements are illegal in my state, so I still have that option).

    Thus far I've had to get my head unit replaced four times (it's still broken), I'm on my second steering wheel, my second shift knob (also peeling), my second sunroof, and my second complete rear brake assembly. The silver paint is peeling off of my interior trim and there are tons of rattles under the hood and inside the car. The leather is peeling off of my driver's seat. I'm getting 21mpg combined and my transmission grinds in and pops out of second on a regular basis.

    According to their region chief, "Hyundai's official position is that the problem[s] ha[ve] been fixed to [my] satisfaction" and as a result they will not honor my Lemon Law claim.

    Stay on them and fight them as hard as possible.

    Best of luck to you.
    Wow!! Thanks for the information. Are you using an attorney, or are you going after them on your own? So sorry to hear about your troubles with your Veloster, however it reinforces my fear that it's not just mine having these problems. I'm still so floored that Hyundai made a car with so many problems and so many of them! The Silver part of my steering wheel was replaced last week. Stereo needs replacing again, speaker blown right now and next week they are going to have it in the dealership 2 days to take the roof out and find out why it's rattling, and hopefully if the parts arrive by then, replace the radio again and the blown speaker.

    Absolutely no way I'd give up this fight against them. I can't give up on it. The stress of this car is effecting my life in ways I can't deal with. And 492.00 a month check sent to Hyundai every month reminds me just how pissed I am to pay so much for a car that isn't worth what I'm paying.
    My lawyer did say that Hyundai takes the longest in the industry to respond to lemon law claims.
    Have you ever tried speaking to corporate offices about the problems?
    Hoping that you have positive resolution soon on yours!!
    Former car:
    2013 Veloster Boston Red
    ext, black & gray int. 6spd M/T(Christine the evil demon car)
    Replaced with 2013 Elantra GT 6spd M/T Style & Tech, Loaded with every possible option.
    Unfortunately it's turning out to be "Christine part 2"

  18. #97
    Senior Member XanRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    998
    I'm using an attorney, but I've got a few in the family so it's a non-issue.
    Yeah, the car really is a piece of garbage, and Hyundai obviously isn't a company that stands behind their product.
    I've tried speaking to the corporate offices but I can never even get anyone on the phone - they're absolutely the shadiest ****ing company I've ever dealt with. The address for Customer Service in the manual, for example, delivers to a non-existent PO Box in Dallas, TX, so we had to call the governor's office of consumer protection for the address to send all our correspondence - and that address isn't listed anywhere on any of Hyundai's websites or manuals.

    And, again, the fact that their response has been "no, your car isn't actually broken" has been pretty terrific. Who knew I was forwarding my messages to Hyundai's Department of Jedi Mind Tricks?
    Stop PM'ing me, I already answered all your questions.

  19. #98
    Senior Member VelosterLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Western Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by XanRules View Post
    I'm using an attorney, but I've got a few in the family so it's a non-issue.
    Yeah, the car really is a piece of garbage, and Hyundai obviously isn't a company that stands behind their product.
    I've tried speaking to the corporate offices but I can never even get anyone on the phone - they're absolutely the shadiest ****ing company I've ever dealt with. The address for Customer Service in the manual, for example, delivers to a non-existent PO Box in Dallas, TX, so we had to call the governor's office of consumer protection for the address to send all our correspondence - and that address isn't listed anywhere on any of Hyundai's websites or manuals.

    And, again, the fact that their response has been "no, your car isn't actually broken" has been pretty terrific. Who knew I was forwarding my messages to Hyundai's Department of Jedi Mind Tricks?
    Wow! A couple days ago I posted a complaint on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Hyundai
    And they called me with in 2 hours asking how they could help. However once I told them they could get off their butts and stop stalling and deal with my lemon law claim and call my attorney they said they couldnt talk to me because I have a lawyer. My lawyer doesn't charge me, the laws of MA require Hyundai to pay the lawyer if I win, and if I lose the lawyer gets nothing from anyone. The lawyer said they are the slowest to deal with lemon law claims but they do feel I can be triumphant against them. All I know is I want this nightmare to be over. I owned 4 different models of Hyundai in the last decade and never had one moment of trouble out of them, but this one sure has made up for it! 20 or so trips to the dealer so far for warranty claims. Averaging 2 to 5 times a month since November last year, with the first trip being 1 week to the day after I bought it the stereo failed the first time, black screened for no reason and bluelink, bluetooth, all of it went dead. So far all I know that Hyundai is doing is requested from the dealer a copy of all the records for my car since purchase including my financial contract, which they ought to have already because it's financed with them. My lawyer has not heard anything from them. Told the lawyer last week they better get me results quick or I'm just going to trade it for a Honda or something more reliable! A decade and 5 Hyundai's I was a loyal fanatic of Hyundai, but all it took was 1 nightmare 9 months later I really don't know what to think about them anymore. My lawyer has their contact info, they've sued them numerous times on behalf of customers, so there has to be a way to contact them.
    Try the facebook page link above, it's gotten their attention a couple times with me.
    Former car:
    2013 Veloster Boston Red
    ext, black & gray int. 6spd M/T(Christine the evil demon car)
    Replaced with 2013 Elantra GT 6spd M/T Style & Tech, Loaded with every possible option.
    Unfortunately it's turning out to be "Christine part 2"

  20. #99
    Senior Member monogodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Briansid View Post
    Refurbished is supposed to be reset, reloaded, repaired, and made to original manufacturer specifications of new, without actually being new out of the box.
    Years ago I had a Gateway desktop that kept losing its network access. I took it in for service once and sent it back to Gateway for service once. After it happened a 3rd time, they said they'd swap it out for a new (refurbished) computer. When the "new" computer arrived, it had ALL of the previous owner's information on it. It had a full install of Office 2003. It had all of their vacation pics (Paris, Vegas, Hawaii) and their music collection (mostly latin/spanish pop). It had the wife's resume (we both worked at Kinko's at the same time, her in Miami, me in Dallas). I was able to easily figure out that the wife had undergone breast augmentation and was looking into a facelift. It made me so happy that I'd done a full wipe on my HD before returning it.

    Oh, and when I let Gateway know what had happened, they only said that it shouldn't have happened, and that I should do a clean installation to get rid of the other person's info.
    2012 Boston Red w/ red/black leather, DCT, Style & Tech

  21. #100
    Senior Member VelosterLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Western Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by monogodo View Post
    Years ago I had a Gateway desktop that kept losing its network access. I took it in for service once and sent it back to Gateway for service once. After it happened a 3rd time, they said they'd swap it out for a new (refurbished) computer. When the "new" computer arrived, it had ALL of the previous owner's information on it. It had a full install of Office 2003. It had all of their vacation pics (Paris, Vegas, Hawaii) and their music collection (mostly latin/spanish pop). It had the wife's resume (we both worked at Kinko's at the same time, her in Miami, me in Dallas). I was able to easily figure out that the wife had undergone breast augmentation and was looking into a facelift. It made me so happy that I'd done a full wipe on my HD before returning it.

    Oh, and when I let Gateway know what had happened, they only said that it shouldn't have happened, and that I should do a clean installation to get rid of the other person's info.
    Yea that's all Hyundai said to me too, they don't understand how that happened. Gee its happened more than once soooo....... my guess is who ever the 3rd party is they are paying to refurbish these things is not doing it! This is why I demanded a brand new radio this time, no more refurbished garbage with someone elses information on it. This is part of the reason why the bluetooth is dialing the wrong numbers because the last owner of this radio knows a kathy and so do I. I tried wiping out the contacts, and I don't see them anymore, but clearly the radio is remembering them somewhere inside it that I cannot access. Which leaves me with no confidence that the radio they take out of my car currently with my contacts in it, is capable of having my info removed safely.
    Former car:
    2013 Veloster Boston Red
    ext, black & gray int. 6spd M/T(Christine the evil demon car)
    Replaced with 2013 Elantra GT 6spd M/T Style & Tech, Loaded with every possible option.
    Unfortunately it's turning out to be "Christine part 2"

  22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements
     

Similar Threads

  1. First Warranty Claim
    By SKITZ in forum Hyundai Veloster Interior
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2013, 06:56 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 01:31 AM
  3. Law in US similar to one in Canada?
    By Develmann in forum Hyundai Veloster General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 08:40 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 09:30 PM
  5. 40 mpg claim is BS
    By dskoo65 in forum Hyundai Veloster General Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-04-2011, 09:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2