NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dianebrat
  • 1 Post By RPW00Mirage

Thread: Recall on e-brake

Recall on e-brake

anyone else have this problem? I've been 3 months with no e brake at all what so ever. I always put my car in gear when parked anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
    My Veloster<---Click it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

You mean this one?
    NHTSA ID # 12V567 Parking Brake on Manual Transmission
    And there was a lot of discussion last winter about a frozen caliper.

Right down in issues and TSB's where it should be..
    Curmudgeon likes this.
    off to the the dark side

Oh hur dur, late to the game on this one. Just found out xD. Nothing on search

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
    My Veloster<---Click it!

I put the e-brake on yesterday and as I was getting out the car started to roll forward. I pulled it up one more click (all the way) and it was fine but I have never noticed it happen before, even after having spent the first 6 months parking on a steep hill.

the rear brakes do wear and the cables need to be adjusted occasionally. maybe dependent on miles?

i'm slated for the recall and i'll be going in next week along with my oil change. but i have had no issues at all.
    MTD likes this.
    2012 Boston Red Veloster NA Base Manual BTRcc tuned 167whp / 138wtq SOLD!

2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual

MTD
    Me niether. The brake wont be 100% the entire life of the car and does need periodic maintenance regardless of a recall.
    '13 VT

I just got the notice Tuesday on the brake recall. My Velo is in the dealer now. Only two recalls in 1 1/2 years, not too bad. But, my previous car, 2007 Honda Fit, had 1 in 5 years. Good car, but style was dated. At the time, it was the only vehicle available in our area with +40MPG possible.
    The dealership here is good, not great, but way better than the GM dealer in town.
    Glad it only applies to less than 5000 cars, but since I rushed right out and bought one in the fall of '11, it applies to mine.

This whole recall has been a nightmare for me. I had to the recall fix done, went to work 130 miles away the next day, had the rear brake caliper dragging the whole way. The burning smell was horrible and my gas mileage went down considerably. Got back from work a couple days later (I work away most of the time) took my car straight to the dealership, they told me the caliper was bad and had nothing to do with the recall work (yeah...) They got me a rental car, two days later picked up my car, took off down the road. Got to a red light, pushed my brakes, and nothing. I started panicking. I pushed as hard as I could and they started working. I had to move my seat closer because I have to push the pedal down to the floor before they work. I don't know if there is air in the line or if the master cylinder went bad. I checked the brake fluid and that's fine. So back to the dealer I go tomorrow morning. I have been in once a month everything for the 14 months I've owned it.
    Manual Base Marathon Blue Veloster, but my friends may call her Victoria.

My parents had a Daewoo that the handbrake stayed on, even though the handle released in the cabin - lots of smoke from burnt rear brakes, Daewoo fixed it under warranty without a word - I found out later it was a known problem, along with continually blowing the right hand headlight & indicator bulbs - no recalls for it at all though.
    Manual Veloster SR Turbo in Marmalade

I got my recall notice Tuesday, went in Thursday only to leave and find out my parking brake doesn't work now. So back to the dealer tomorrow morning so I hopefully feel safe parking on my hill..
    VORTEX

2012 Veloster M/T-Marathon Blue-Tech/Style Package
    Performance Mods:
    - TurboKits.com CAI
    - TurboKits.com ABE
    - NGM Lowering Springs
    - Billet Pro Shop Short Shifter
    - Garage Line 15mm/20mm Wheel Spacers
    - Continental Extreme Contact DWS 215/40ZR18

Interior Mods:
    - 15% Window Tint
    - DiodeDynamics.com Stage 2 Interior Led Kit

Exterior Mods:
    - Rear Emblem Delete
    - Two-Tone Mirrors
    - 8000K HID Low Beams
    - 8000K HID Fog Lights
    - DiodeDynamics.com Stage 3 Plate Lights
    - Vanity Plate: V0RTEX

I had my car in on Thursday. It turns out that one of the rear brake callipers were seized up and had to wait for them to get one over-nighted. Seems to work fine now and I noticed that they must have tightened up the cable on the hand brake because there's a lot more tension in it now.

Got the recall warning. Based on the other posts...I'm not exactly thrilled to get it done.

so i never ended up getting the recall completed, as you would have it yesterday the brakes were frozen.

certainly getting them checked out next week. for sure.
    2012 Boston Red Veloster NA Base Manual BTRcc tuned 167whp / 138wtq SOLD!

2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual

had mine done at a dealer close to work. Took 2 visits so far. They didn't have the caliper kit for the 1st visit and SA told me a story how they only order the kit if replacement is needed and they had to order it for me eventhough my's not bad. They didn't end up giving the car back to me at the time promised. Whatever, went in again yesterday and had it done. It's now scary to push the brakes because it has to travel further down before it works. Feels exactly like someone didn't bleed the air out of the new caliper properly. Will go back for a 3rd visit. What a waste of time.
    Black/Black 6MT |07 BMW 328xi 6MT |03 Honda Accord EX V6.

Had mine done this week. It took about 1 1/2 hours including oil change. Calipers were replaced. No issues.
    2012 NAV / Tech Pkg, Born 7/24/11, Mine 9/17/11, 6MT, Boston Red, R/B Seats.
    Inovit Force 5 18x8 +42 wheels, Saikou Michi Micro Catch Can, InJen SRI, Tint
    25% around, 10% Roof.
    LED Turn Signals, Brake Lights, Interior & License Plate Lights. Custom exhaust tips,
    6000K Xenon HID, 6000k HID Fogs. 45k miles as of 2/13/14.

Quote Originally Posted by Varekai View Post
    This whole recall has been a nightmare for me. I had to the recall fix done, went to work 130 miles away the next day, had the rear brake caliper dragging the whole way. The burning smell was horrible and my gas mileage went down considerably. Got back from work a couple days later (I work away most of the time) took my car straight to the dealership, they told me the caliper was bad and had nothing to do with the recall work (yeah...) They got me a rental car, two days later picked up my car, took off down the road. Got to a red light, pushed my brakes, and nothing. I started panicking. I pushed as hard as I could and they started working. I had to move my seat closer because I have to push the pedal down to the floor before they work. I don't know if there is air in the line or if the master cylinder went bad. I checked the brake fluid and that's fine. So back to the dealer I go tomorrow morning. I have been in once a month everything for the 14 months I've owned it.
    OH MY GOSH!I HAD THE SAME EXACT ISSUE AS YOU DID!!!No joke man!I told them the recall only says for MANUAL transmission velosters and mine is DCT!They still did it and I drove on the highway for 100miles and felt the car dragging!Once I got to where I went, immense heat came from the back wheels and smoke was spewing out of the brake rotor area!The center hub cap of my rim even came off somehwere along the trip. I though it was the ebrake just 'breaking in' but highly doubted it and was dissapointed. I rode back to my house on the highway and the problem persisted. I almost crashed TWICE!The brake pedal wasn't functioning until I fully pressed it down which scared me because I was going 80mph on the highway and had to brake hard. I even had to pull my e brake lever but it was loose and broken because I realized the ebrake was on the whole time while driving. I got so pissed when I got home I called the tow truck to take it the next day to the dealership and my friend took me there in his car and we complained to the manager. They installed the ebrake on incorrectly because I was the first one to come in for the recall so I was their "test subject". I felt so abused and they apprently fixed it. We had loaner car for 2 days until they 'fixed' my ebrake and brake again and replaced my sunroof. After I left the 2nd time, the ebrake lever was working fine after and they fixed the back dics by flattening it down. But my normal brakes was still not working as it should of been and I almost crashed again!I went back to the dealership the next day and got another loaner car. Came back the next day and got my normal brakes fixed. As I was going home, I heard some clanking noises repeating faster from the back wheels as I was accelerating so again went back the 4th time really upset and they suspected it was the hub ring in the rim that was not aligned correctly. The manager drove it out only in the lot and said it was fine after that fix. I got mad and said drive it on the main road but he didn't. So I waited the whole day at the dealership and once they aligned the hub ring I drove off and 2 minutes into driving on the main road, I heard even louder scraping, rashing, clanking noises coming from the back as I brake and accelerate. I was ready to blow because this was the 5th time they messed up on my car just specifically on brakes because I went back and told them it continued. They found the problem that the brake line bled and something else was not aligned correctly on the brake rotor system. I left the dealership in utter disgust with only a "free oil change". Like really 5 times coming back for the same problem. That could have been 5 times my life was on the line of death because of improper brake installation. These mechanics don't know anything and I'm afraid they will do it on other velosters too. My parents are looking into getting an attorney at the moment to file a lawsuit because these so called "knowledgeable" mechanics messed up my brakes 5 times where I could of crashed and luckily I didn't.

So they decided to apply this fix to my car, which isn't even a manual I might add. God.... Please give me patience if they screw this up. I've had so many problems with this car that I certainly don't need another.

Isn't it shameless they specifically tell you to give them to perfect scores on the surveys every time?
    Black/Black 6MT |07 BMW 328xi 6MT |03 Honda Accord EX V6.

I havent had the recall notice but the calipers seized on me! they fixed but now the handbrake is tight as f*ck
    Keep it gangster.

I fill out the surveys based on the service I've been provided, which has been anything but stellar. I rated them a "Very Dissatisfied" and "I will not recommend Hyundai to anyone" on each survey I get. So far I haven't gotten a single call from them even though it always asks me if I would like one, which I always answer with a "Yes." I think I've gotten a total of 5 survey so far, and each one has suffered my wrath. This just proves to me that Hyundai really doesn't care, and being my luck, they'll call me the day I purchase a new car.

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements