Veloster Forum banner

NHTSA ID # 12V567 Parking Brake on Manual Transmission

21K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  karen_1 
#1 ·
Campaign for Parking Brake on vehicles manufactured from July 2, 2011, through February 27, 2012 and equipped with manual transmissions. Moisture and road grime may cause the parking brake components to bind

For details: Search for a Recall | Safercar.gov | NHTSA

NHTSA Campaign ID Number :12V567
Manufacturer :Hyundai-Kia America Technical Center Inc
Make / Model Years :HYUNDAI / 2012
Subject :Parking Brake Components may Bind

#4 ·
It might be a problem with DCTs from that range of dates as well, mine just hung up this week on the driver side. (20k miles.) I had to manipulate the spring-loaded lever with a screwdriver to disengage the e-brake at the caliper so I could drive it. I'll be setting up an appointment for next week to have it looked at.

#6 ·
Emergency Brake Recall

I got an alert on my head unit today, telling me that there was an incredibly urgent E brake recall. Apparently there have been many reported incidences of failure and I have maintenence scheduled for tomorrow. Nov. 2011 Veloster base. Anyone else have this recall, or possibly anymore details?

#14 ·
I got an alert on my head unit today, telling me that there was an incredibly urgent E brake recall. Apparently there have been many reported incidences of failure and I have maintenence scheduled for tomorrow. Nov. 2011 Veloster base. Anyone else have this recall, or possibly anymore details?
I had it done yesterday. Most of the problems were being caused by road salt, which I have a lot of in my area, so I made it a priority. After the recall, the brakes feel different. The brake pedal seems to move about 1cm lower than it used to. Could just be that I'm super-sensitive to a slight change of parts, adjustments, bleeding, fluid level, etc.., but I thought it was worth mentioning.
BTW, your blackened front end with chrome H looks amazing. Everyone should do it like that.

#11 ·
Well said.. people get all bent out if shape for no reason. He probably just missed the existing thread guys.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#15 ·
#16 ·
#19 ·
Guys.. I understand your point. All I was saying is that it happens sometimes and it's not severe enough to crucify them with condescending comments.

Anywho.... i gotta read about this e-brake issue. Wonder if mines included.

#21 ·
Thanks! :cool:

#24 ·
Got mine done today.The job took about 1 1/2 hours including an oil change and car wash. Rear caliper housing was replaced. I forgot to ask, but based on that wording, I assume I still have my original brake pads. Thanks to Reliable Hyundai, Springfield, MO, for prompt and courteous and personal service.

#26 ·
My guess: North American Turbos, as opposed to Normally Aspirated V[s.

#27 ·
If murph is a resident of Australia or Africa, maybe the NA refers to some other 'northern' locale...but, he doesn't say.

At any rate, has the actual production date of the TVs been determined. With my NAV, the production date and the dealer arrival date differed by ~two months.

#29 ·
I had this done today... when I got in my car.. I noticed that the parking brake is muchhhhhhhhhhhhh looser than before.. I can easily pull it all the way until it stops.. and the play before the first click is just really floppy.. is this normal???!

#32 ·
My rear Calipers have been replaced three times already (all this winter/spring), along with the pads at least once and various handbrake pieces. I want to get ride of this car before next winter so I don't have to spend my days off at my 5 star dealership. I can't believe both Hyundai of North America and my dealership had the gall to say that it was where I was driving that caused the issue...
Then the recall letter arrived a few weeks later and I had a few words with the manager. This is my first and probably last Korean car purchase or new car purchase period.

:mad:

#33 ·
I had the recall done several months ago, last week my passenger caliper locked up after the 1st time using the ebrake since I bought the car (feb 2012?). I made the caliper functional so I could get to work, then ook it to the dealer later that day and tey said they could find nothing wrong. oh well I have the DCT gess I will just keep never applying the ebrake.:rolleyes:

#35 ·
OK - I don't know anything about Blogging, so I hope I didn't miss anything in the thread - I did try to follow. I have a 2012 6 speed V and just called H customer service. I was informed that my car was serviced for the e brake and rear calipers on 4/10/13. I just bought this car used in October. So my e brake is broken and I need rear calipers, per the dealer. Maybe that's a long enough time for an e brake to last? I was quoted $1200 - is that a good price? Any suggestions ill be much appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.