Veloster Forum banner

Just installed brand new front sway bar now right side is creaking pierce front bar

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  yammyboy 
#1 ·
Could it be that the end links are too long and that I have to get adjustable ones? it's a piece front bar set to its stiffest setting, it actually sounds like the bushings are creaking since we only installed it yesterday.

#2 ·
The one thing I learned about on installing aftermarket sway bars with poly bushings and no ZERK fittings to grease them is that eventually they will squeak after they get hot. I had the Pierce front bar installed on my 14 R Spec VT when I had it and even though I used the special grease that comes with it my front end started to squeak after one run thru the Dragons Tail. When I got home I used my motorcycle chain oil and sprayed on top of the sway bar bushings. The squeak went away and now and then would rear its ugly head and I sprayed again. my two last new camaros both had after market sway bars with zerk fittings at the mounts. they never squeaked. Guess you better get some chain oil?

Reactions: Incognito
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.