NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BlueTooth Music Static

BlueTooth Music Static

Hello Everyone,

Recently, I tried streaming the music from my iphone 5 onto the radio. It sounds like the speakers in the car are maxed out (when the volume is on like 7) Sounds staticy and it sounds horrible. I tried adjusting all the settings and still isnt clear. I tried different songs on my iphone-same thing. Ive tried to adjust the volume on my phone as well--but to no avail. The radio, cd, and aux cables all sound perfect. Is there something I am missing?

I recently went into my Uncles New Sonata, and played my phone on his bluetooth and it was crystal clear....so is there something I am missing or should I go to the dealer to have it checked out? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Amanda

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Interested to hear some replies to this topic as I've experienced the same sort of thing when streaming Pandora. Mine sounds like feedback of some sort and a light static.

I noticed that when using bluetooth from an iPhone, you still have control of the iPhone's volume - try turning that down and then adjusting the car speakers? There might be a balance where it sounds better.

I gave up on bluetooth from my iPhone 4S - I like album art/song titles

@jcroscigno I have already done that. I thought that was originally the problem as well! But it just continued @wolfpacker92 That's exactly what I am noticing. The "feedback" as you say and static.

Same here. It drives me nuts because I'd love to use the pandora app in the car rather but it just sounds so awful I can't deal with it. First of all blue tooth is terrible for delivering good quality audio like you need for music. It's fine for phone calls and stuff, but for music it's less than optimal. Second off I'm guessing that our bluetooth receiver in our car just doesn't work all that well or something. But yeah, it sucks cuz that pandora app is pretty neat but ultimately useless because of the crappy audio.
    2013 Veloster Turbo - Boston Red - Matte Black Vinyl Graphics
    twitter.com/Boots_Ylectric
    Instagram - Boots_Ylectric
    Get high on rocks - adventuresinclimbing.org

as an audio engineer, the distortion and clipping in the high frequencies is really terrible. Im really hoping that hyundai releases a firmware update that fixes this soon. Bluetooth audio and pandora feature are just not usable.

I'm having the same issue with my veloster. Must be a pretty widespread thing. I just thought that how bluetooth audio sounded until i bought my Fiance a 2011 Kia Sportage, the bluetooth audio in that is awesome. Let us know how you go.

Its been well noticed by myself in my V as well. For the moment I just use the lightning cable for my iPhone 5 or the aux cable based on what I want control of. I agree that Hyundai needs to do something about it though. I thought it was all BT audio myself, but then I jumped into my buddies Scion xD and his is crystal clear playing off of my phone/
    2013 Marathon Blue VT MT, Morimoto HID, 2 12" Shallow Rockford Subs 560W @ 1ohm, SOLO,TS FMIC, Injen CAI, TORK Pipe, CERMA'd, Uniq Collars + Strut Bar.... More to Come!

Parts Ordered / On Hand:
    TS OCC
    Nokya Arctic White Fog Bulbs
    Nokya Arctic White High Beam Bulbs

Soon:
    Tork Catless DP, BPS Shift Bushings, Tork Stage ~1.5 tune, Rear Sway Bar.... For now.

Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires are awesome

2013 Marathon Blue NAV w/Style and DCT... Traded at 16,010 miles for the VT Above!

I have the same problem with mine. After taking my V in multiple times, they finally agreed it was defective and replaced the bluetooth module (or whatever they did, they did'nt tell me) When I got my car back, the static is a lot less, but still there. Also it the stereo just doesn't sound as powerful, like their fix was to mute the thing overall.

My bluetooth has streamed exceptionally well since day 1. I have the tech package with the dimension system and my phone is an Evo 4g LTE. I always play with the sound on the phone all the way up and I've had the car volume up to 24 without compromising sound clarity. Try the dealer out, they may replace your HU or have a firmware update for you.

Has anyone found a solution for the poor quality when streaming pandora over Bluetooth? I haven't contacted my dealer yet. I'm wondering if anyone has had a HU replaced and that helped, or had the Bluetooth receiver replaced and that helped. Firmware update maybe. Just want some feedback before I go to the dealer with the problem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

I was in for an oil change the other day. Brought this up.

They blamed my EQ settings...it wasn't. It's still crap quality. I'll be raising the issue when I go back again.
    2013 Veloster Turbo - Boston Red - Matte Black Vinyl Graphics
    twitter.com/Boots_Ylectric
    Instagram - Boots_Ylectric
    Get high on rocks - adventuresinclimbing.org

I've got this problem too. My fiancée's Elantra does BT streaming with zero static.

The Bluetooth is fine for listening to my podcasts, but if I want to listen to music, I plug it in. The sound quality is infinitely better. Unfortunately, it appears that with Gracenote enabled, I have a two minute wait each time I plug my iPhone into USB while it synchronizes the library... I'm assuming there's no way around that?

me also

Hi Everyone,
    I noticed the same issue from day one (Less than a month ago). I travel around the states and use in-car Bluetooth a lot and this issue we are talking is only with the Veloster...

The bluetooth audio was perfect in a 2013 Sonata that I rented and in a Toyota Camry, it even showed the audio information!.

I have a cheap Griffin Blutooth adapter and it also sounds great.. so this issue looks to be with the Veloster and iPhones exclusively.

I have this issue too. I complained about it last time I was at the dealer and they said they couldn't reproduce it and blamed it on AT&T. WTF? Subscribed to the thread and fully intend on showing them all the complaints when I go. I'm really kinda pissed that I can't use my phone the way it's meant to be used. I feel like I have paid for a lot of stuff I can't use....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

My bluetooth streaming sounded awful until my head unit was upgraded by the dealer for the clock issue. Now it sounds great! I have the 2012 base model.
    2012 Electrolyte Green Veloster, Base/DCT

in my old V and in my VT, my only complaint is the sound is kind of "muted." The bass doesn't hit like XM does or the iPod function of my 4s.

I was wondering if this ever got fixed. I bought a Veloster Turbo a few days ago and I thought the stereo sucked and had blown tweeters. Then I used a CD and it sounded awesome. I guess there is a problem with the blutooth. I would love to hear if this is ever resolved because this sort of makes pandora useless.

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements