NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: EU Veloster WOLFCNU V1

I like that your video player takes up the whole screen - any way to get this skin on the Dezoris ELA for US models?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Looks awesome.

Any updates? (=

Thanks to all concerned for producing this great software.

Works OK here in Australia.

I still need to connect to bluetooth first before I get sound from the media player.
    My forum, if you are Ex or Current Australian ADF http://www.tri-service.org/

do want for the US VT

Any news on implementing navigation in to the system? Reason being that I've to pay 211 USD for a 2013 map upgrade which after installation was actually Q3 2011 maps. A scam by Navteq.
    Last edited by tjosan; 12-29-2012 at 09:54 AM.

I would have to get gps to work first. (dont know what process to kill yet).
    Didnt have time anymore to work on this because of my new job.

I hope to pick it up again soon
    oldsalt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Michie View Post

Thanks and I'll hope you're successful in your attempts a.s.a.p. Happy New Year.

I've been experimenting while waiting for your work to succeed I've had the IGO8 nav to start and work as fare as voice, language and maps. It doesn't see any satellites, so I'm at the same place as you are right now.

Update: According to this it's jupiter.exe which is responsible for satnav :http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/v...any-ideas.html

Is it safe to stop jupiter.exe process in task manager and load wolf nav. Anyone familiar with CE who can comment?
    Last edited by tjosan; 01-03-2013 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Updating

You can kill all processes. you can compare it with windows autostart,
    All the processes will start again after a reset or cold boot of the headunit. I tried killing them with a mortscript while loading gps but didnt try hard enough yet

Let me know when you find something, then ill write a script and recompile everything.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

You can kill all processes. you can compare it with windows autostart,
    All the processes will start again after a reset or cold boot of the headunit. I tried killing them with a mortscript while loading gps but didnt try hard enough yet

Let me know when you find something, then ill write a script and recompile everything.

I've killed all the visible processes like jupiter, LGENavi and a few more, logged out from your panel and in again, but nada concerning satellites. There's a visible difference in the wolf config-setup concerning the way it searches for com-ports if processes are killed or not. If nothing killed and you ask to search for com-ports, it does it quickly and comes back saying no connection on all three visible ports. If I kill the visible processes and ask for a search of ports it's done slowly and it comes back saying no signal on com3.

With that in mind it seems like com 3 one way or another becomes available, but there's no signal.

If I logout from your panel and try to start car-nav it doesn't start at all after killing the processes. Question still remains how to reach the gps-signal?
    Last edited by tjosan; 01-05-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Exactly, thats how far i got atm

Exactly, thats how far i got atm

Any ideas how to proceed?
    Looking at the Russian website Google Vertalen

It seems like they have been successful, but only by replacing LGE Navi with Igo or 7Ways on the storage card4 which is internal inside the head. That is a little too much for me.
    Last edited by tjosan; 01-06-2013 at 06:14 AM.

To be honest, i dint have the motivation to dig deep in the gps stuff as i find the veloster navigation software excellent, the best i have ever used

To be honest, i dint have the motivation to dig deep in the gps stuff as i find the veloster navigation software excellent, the best i have ever used

Not when you have to pay 220 USD for an update which consists of maps from Q3 2011 as an update for 2013. I'm not happy at all.

True, i didnt even know that :s

Gives me a reason to get back on the gps issue ill try to make some time!

True, i didnt even know that :s

Gives me a reason to get back on the gps issue ill try to make some time!

I'll gladly pay for you to take it up. I've been trying a lot and the interesting thing is that 7ways picked up from the Russian website where you also been can capture the satellites. It says connected, but the maps are no good, at least not for Sweden. It looks like 7ways API is able to free the comport and use it. If someone is able to reverse engineer the 7ways API that would solve the problem. In other words it should be possible to do with the right knowledge.

As I said before and you know it too that iGO runs but can't capture the satellites, even though I closed all running tasks except Wolf. The rest runs fine pictures, video and MP3.

Another question, did you get hold of the jailbreak from the Russian website? I can't since even if it's translated in to Google English I'm not able to register.

Quote Originally Posted by tjosan View Post
    I'll gladly pay for you to take it up. I've been trying a lot and the interesting thing is that 7ways picked up from the Russian website where you also been can capture the satellites. It says connected, but the maps are no good, at least not for Sweden. It looks like 7ways API is able to free the comport and use it. If someone is able to reverse engineer the 7ways API that would solve the problem. In other words it should be possible to do with the right knowledge.

As I said before and you know it too that iGO runs but can't capture the satellites, even though I closed all running tasks except Wolf. The rest runs fine pictures, video and MP3.

Another question, did you get hold of the jailbreak from the Russian website? I can't since even if it's translated in to Google English I'm not able to register.
    I dont do this for money mate, just for fun

The jailbreak backups and replaces a system file on your headunit which is modified with wolfcnu and linked with the settings button. When you hold the settings button some time it launches wolfcnu.

Basicly it just does the same as our usb solution. Ours is ofcourse much safer as it doesnt need to alter system files.

I dont do this for money mate, just for fun

The jailbreak backups and replaces a system file on your headunit which is modified with wolfcnu and linked with the settings button. When you hold the settings button some time it launches wolfcnu.

Basicly it just does the same as our usb solution. Ours is ofcourse much safer as it doesnt need to alter system files.

I hope you will do it for fun. Again I would appreciate if you would take your time and do it. What I found using 7ways is that the bluetooth doesn't work while the stick is inserted.

Sorry for the late answer, yes i can create a package for US models as well. Have to contact a moderator as well to put this as sticky. it keeps getting lost between the other posts.

I finally have more time now so i can restart development

EDIT : Try this US package as how i described in first post for the EU veloster and pelase give feedback as i cant test it myself.

http://d-h.st/N1p
    Last edited by Michie; 01-26-2013 at 09:36 AM.

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements