NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Add Homelink / Bluelink Sonata Mirror

Lightbulb Add Homelink / Bluelink Sonata Mirror

I am to confirm that a Sonata Bluelink / Homelink Rearview Mirror will work in a Volester. I installed mine today... Pretty simple. I will say that the compass auto-dim does not seem to work but I can confirm that all bluelink / homelink buttons function properly. I have a Volester style package only... but I will keep researching to get it fully functional... I will try to do a do it yourself for the site but for now here are pictures. I paid dealer cost for the mirror at a steep $250. I hope to sell my original mirror. I would rank this a 2 in hardness on a scale of 1 to 5 to install. please let me know if you want a step be step!

Add Homelink / Bluelink Sonata Mirror-img_0141.jpgAdd Homelink / Bluelink Sonata Mirror-img_0139.jpgAdd Homelink / Bluelink Sonata Mirror-img_0140.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

That is really nice. Thanks for creating an account and sharing that with us.

For those looking for the part number it is in the first picture. 3Q062-ADU00
    2012 Veloster Base Black DCT

a step by step would be lovely.
    Stop PM'ing me, I already answered all your questions.

Looks like it can be had for $205 plus shipping here: http://www.hyundaipartswholesale.com...Q062ADU00.html

http://www.veloster.org/forum/35-hyu...or-sonata.html

I added step -by-step & got all functions on mirror working

Just to verify, everything works on the mirror with the exception that the mirror will only auto dim and display the compass heading when you have the cars headlights activated?

Yes it is originally a sonata mirror... in the sonata they have a clock up where the sunglasses / sunroof controls are... that clock or temp gauge is on a 12v IGN that is on as soon as you turn on the car... the volester does not... the only similar is a 12V IGN Lamp switch which only works at with headlights / day lights set to on.... the auto-dim is meant for night anyway so this makes it ok in my book... would be nice to have compass all the time but i am pretty good with directions and can figure out the sun sets in the west

Quote Originally Posted by mahst68 View Post
    Yes it is originally a sonata mirror... in the sonata they have a clock up where the sunglasses / sunroof controls are... that clock or temp gauge is on a 12v IGN that is on as soon as you turn on the car... the volester does not... the only similar is a 12V IGN Lamp switch which only works at with headlights / day lights set to on.... the auto-dim is meant for night anyway so this makes it ok in my book... would be nice to have compass all the time but i am pretty good with directions and can figure out the sun sets in the west
    I would prefer to have all functionality of the mirror and doubt it would be too hard to run a 12v wire from the fuse box or to tap off of an existing wire that is close by. Like you, I only have the Style option so tapping into a sunroof wire is a no-go for me as well.
    Proud owner of a ULTRA BLACK Veloster named "Stink Bug" since Jan 3rd, 2012.

Alpine PDX-F4; Alpine PDX-M6; AudioControl LC2i w/ACR-1 (Awaiting Install)
    Injen SRI/CAI (INSTALLED 06/14/2012)
    Viper 3303 Alarm w/motion sensor (INSTALLED 05/02/12)
    ...waiting for more goodies

As far as functionality... You get the homelink buttons all the time... you just don't get compass... auto-dimming is a nighttime function and really has no use during the day. At night, you get everything. I would say that yes you could run a wire from the fusebox and branch into a true 12v IGN. Trust me though, I build fix new cars all day and some little short in a wire or messed up contact point can reek havoc on a new car's system. You'd be safer to run a little further and try to tie-in at the accessory port instead although I feel that you get full functionality when you need it (homelink, bluelink, compass & auto-dimming at night)... and limited functionality (homelink & bluelink only during the day) when you can live without the others. If i was where at work and I could just grab new parts as needed, then yes no problem going the extra mile for full functionality, but when parts cost 400% mark up... (trust me they do) it is not as fun... (BTW i work as a Team Coordinator for Body Assembly Final Repair at a competitor's automobile assembly plant)... lastly, you always risk setting some DTC's when messing around the fusebox (it happens daily where I work) and without (or maybe you do have something to reset them) a way to reset them quickly, it would suck to have to go into a dealership for that repair.... and of course I am sure that doing a tie-in at the fuse box will void the warranty (not to say what I have done isn't borderline)...
    Last edited by mahst68; 04-09-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Thanks. Please let me know if I have misunderstood, but if you want to know your direction during the day, I think you'd get that by turning on the lights (and, maybe only the parking lights). Does that make sense?

yep that's how it works... parking lights or daytime running lights or whatever they are call is the first click on your left combi switch will make the compass and auto dim mirror function turn on... this is because the blue 12v IGN that I tapped into without having to do a run is the wire that controlled the original led lights in original mirror when you turned your lights on at night...

13. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements