Welcome to the newest development release of the custom user interface.
Please follow all instructions from step 1
UI Design and Installer: Dezoris
C++ and Compilation: John_H, Dezoris
Test Code Discovery: Trey
Underlying Application Code: Woohaeng
Installs custom UI/shell that allows users to launch a video player, mp3 player and navigation software. (early beta) Users can opt to use this shell to watch videos, music and in future releases have functioning navigation built into the head unit.
Why?I am doing this project because I believe all products can be made better, and for many of us we have a product that was stripped of many features compared to other markets. My goal is to return some of this functionality we have lost. It is also to show Hyundai and other companies what is possible when they listen to and leverage their avid and niche customers. The more companies embrace and empower their customers the better it is for their long term health and better for owners who are making long term commitments to a brand. This is a personal project which I am leveraging for educational and career reasons and also because I am working towards a certificate in HCI.
How to Install:
For version 1.5 and greater a new installer has been developed to reduce issues with corruption and helps users get the files on their device without the need for de-compressors.
- Download the installer: http://www.veloster.org/docs/dezoris...5nav/setup.exe 26.4MB
- Save to a location like your desktop
- Plug in your USB device (Flash Stick, External Hard Drive - MUST BE FORMATTED FAT32)
- Once plugged in go to "My Computer" or double click "Computer" on your desktop and remember what drive letter the drive is mounted as.
- Go into the drive and create a new folder called OLD and move all your files to that folder. The only folder that should be on the drive is "OLD" after.
- Double click "setup.exe" from wherever you saved it.
- Click Next and then read and accept the license agreement.
- Chose the drive letter of the flash drive you have plugged in by clicking "Change"
- Use the drop down and select your drive letter and click "OK."
- Verify the drive letter is correct on the next screen.
- Click "INSTALL"
- On Windows7 or Vista it may ask you if the install is ok to continue, click YES or OK.
- Once the install completes click: "Finish"
- Go into your USB flash drive or hard disk and move some music into the music folder.
- If you have videos now is the time to move them to the movie folder.
- Remove the USB drive from your computer and head to the vehicle for the next part of the install.
Vehicle Install: (Only have to do this part once)
- Go to car and plug in stick to USB port and turn vehicle to accessory mode so head unit turns on.
- After 1 minute press "Media" and then USB or PHOTO and make sure the car starts playing the MP3 and then press pause. Better option is to load at least one picture to MY PHOTO. Go to "Media" and the choose "Pictures" to show a picture. This starts the audio driver so you can hear sound from the new interface. (Important Step you must do one or the other before proceeding)
- Hold down SETUP/INFO for 5 seconds and go to the test menu.
- Enter code: 9582 9582
- Once the screen switches to WinCE Double Tap MY DEVICE (A Stylus or pen will help you touch the screen)
- Next screen Double Tap "MD" (This is the USB Drive you have plugged in)
- Double Tap INSTALLER
- Double Tap INSTALLVIDEO.bat (You only have to do this one time) After running that file a new folder should have appeared next to it called "Install Complete" if you don't see that folder repeat step 7.
- Turn off car bring keys and walk away for 5-10 minutes to allow for system to reset. If you cannot wait you can do a manual reset however you will have to reset your clock:
- Touch Screen Frozen, Buttons Don't Work | How to Reset
Install Complete - How to Launch New Shell / UI:
After Each Reboot (Everytime you see the Red Veloster on startup) to get into the shell:
- Start Car with USB Stick plugged in.
- Start Playing MP3 and pause the song, or choose a photo from the photo menu which is a better option.
- Hold down Info/Setup for 5 Seconds: In test mode enter code: 9583 9583
- The Shell will launch
- To launch video player, press the Video Icon and the when prompted for serial press cancel.
- Next press the light switch icon at the top right.
- You can now launch the video player.
- To open videos select the "UP ARROW" on the video player screen.
- To launch music press the play button and select all your music to play.
- To launch the NAV software press the NAV icon.