NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Navigation and Blue Link

Navigation and Blue Link

I got my Veloster the first of November last year. The trial Blue Link stuff is coming up next month and my question: Do I have to subscribe to Blue Link in order to use the built in GPS/Nav system? Just what would I be losing, other than gas station locations and such? Thanks..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

I bought my car mid-October and wasn't really sure what stuff might just be necessary to have. SOOOOO....I went ahead and paid for another 6 months or a year (the length of each varies). As I drive to work and back, sometimes I don't really have time to figure out what might be good to have. And that is why I extended it -- just to give myself some time to figure out if I really need/want all that is offered. As far as local driving, which is what I mainly do, I am not seeing any real benefits. These features would come in handy if I drove into an unfamiliar area (but that is not likely to happen for me). I asked for gas prices yesterday and I have to say it did give me something within 2 miles of me. But does that pay for 6 months or a year of service -- NO! I'm not really looking for some place to eat, or cheap gasoline. Car wrecks happen before they ever appear on these devices AND are cleared way before these sites are updated! I'm very likely going to let everything expire -- these aren't services I really need or use.

Quote Originally Posted by jkt1954 View Post
    I'm very likely going to let everything expire -- these aren't services I really need or use.
    I don't know about you, but the insurance discount I get for the theft/recovery features comes really close to paying for it in the Essentials package.

For the OP, if you have the Tech package you have full GPS on the head unit, if you have the Base or just Style you only get Nav with Bluelink Guidance package.

For weather, I use "weather channel" for maps and gas prices, I use google maps. Both are free apps on my (and your) smart phone. Mine happens to be Blackberry at the moment but if/when I go to Android it will continue to be so.
    My auto insurance and Hyundai provide emergency road service suficent to my anticipated needs.
    I'll spend the monthly saved from bluelink and XM to pay my cell phone bill...
    Just Say'n
    -- - ken=Boston Red (Carmen)-basic-DCT-LEDs interior+plate

Droid nav is primary. Tom Tom is my back up. I have never bought an on-board. Way to expensive to repair or replace. My bro-in-law has one on his Honda. They want $1600 to replace the hard drive on the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
    I don't know about you, but the insurance discount I get for the theft/recovery features comes really close to paying for it in the Essentials package.
    Would you mind mentioning your insurance carrier. That shows progressive (sorry) thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by KEKinSTL View Post
    Would you mind mentioning your insurance carrier. That shows progressive (sorry) thinking.
    I'm in Massachusetts, the carrier doesn't matter, they all price out about the same.
    Any vehicle with a Recovery/Immobilization system gets a significant discount on the comprehensive/fire/theft section of the insurance, is this not the case in MO?

Quote Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
    I'm in Massachusetts, the carrier doesn't matter, they all price out about the same.
    Any vehicle with a Recovery/Immobilization system gets a significant discount on the comprehensive/fire/theft section of the insurance, is this not the case in MO?
    MA screws the taxpayers with rates. I can insure a 2012 Veloster, and two 2010 Jeeps, full 100/300 coverage in NC for less than just liability for two10+ year old Jeeps in MA.
    The majority of insurance companies in the US won't even do business in MA.

Sent from my Droid LXIX

Quote Originally Posted by fishgutzy View Post
    MA screws the taxpayers with rates. I can insure a 2012 Veloster, and two 2010 Jeeps, full 100/300 coverage in NC for less than just liability for two10+ year old Jeeps in MA.
    The majority of insurance companies in the US won't even do business in MA.

Sent from my Droid LXIX
    It depends on which Massachusetts town you live in. Auto insurance is very cheap in my town.
    2012 Electrolyte Green Veloster, Base/DCT

Quote Originally Posted by wackymann View Post
    It depends on which Massachusetts town you live in. Auto insurance is very cheap in my town.
    Yep! and I pay highly in the city of Malden, but I know why, carrier makes almost no difference, location is what does.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements