NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amp and Sub Install Options

Lightbulb Amp and Sub Install Options

I will post pictures and commentary on my install today. Have a game plan. Anyone have any alternate methods for installing a amp in a Veloster base model ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

alternate methods? whats the standard method. I mentioned how I installed mine in my thread.

Standard is usually run output from head unit with out having to tap into speakers. I feel that's a second optio in these installed but if you keep base head unit you have no choice but to tap into the back speaker strictly I'm going to post pictures so people don't have to go though the optimism I went though on ripping apart there new V. Because the resources out there are vague and dont show you where the for instance the clips are so you don't yank the side panels and crack one. This car was the biggest pain to work with as most new cars these days have become. Stay tuned for my install maby we can get some input and see some cool setups.

Quote Originally Posted by nfilatov View Post
    Standard is usually run output from head unit with out having to tap into speakers. I feel that's a second optio in these installed but if you keep base head unit you have no choice but to tap into the back speaker strictly I'm going to post pictures so people don't have to go though the optimism I went though on ripping apart there new V. Because the resources out there are vague and dont show you where the for instance the clips are so you don't yank the side panels and crack one. This car was the biggest pain to work with as most new cars these days have become. Stay tuned for my install maby we can get some input and see some cool setups.
    Have you already read the very impressive speaker upgrade thread over in the DIY section? Changing Dimension Speakers Part #1 I get the impression that you haven't from some of your comments.

I actually got the inspiration to go forward and do my install from that post you mentioned. I did come across some differences in installing an amp vs changing out the speakers. Lots more wire needs to be ran and i did a pretty good job at hiding the wire and what not. Pictures will be posted as soon as its 100% complete.

i found the install to be very easy thanks to the DIY, not sure what you had trouble with. There was a lot of information on the site saying that we'll likely have to tap the speakers. My amp already have a speaker level input so it was a no brainer.

8. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements