NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Remote Lock and Unlock Question?

Angry Remote Lock and Unlock Question?

Hope everyone had a GREAT holiday, My questions could not get an answer from The DEALER so here goes.
    My Hatch light will not work and I am waiting for a "new" part from Hyundai and I am also frustrated with the car that when you come out to it and "un-lock" ALL the doors and then open the rear hatch, after a few seconds the door locks again. Is this only on mine ? which would point to the latch on my car not the light assembly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Haven't had the problem you state. Mine locks after starting forward at a few miles per hour. You might want to have this checked at the dealer.
    Vlad the Veloster - Vitamin C, DCT, Style

If you unlock the doors and do not open them within a short time (I believe 30 seconds), they do automatically relock - so if you hit the remote & unlocked it by accident, it will relock, rather than leaving your V with the doors unlocked for anyone to hop in. I'm not sure about other manufacturers, but my '07 Tiburon SE & '11 Elantra both did the same thing.

2013 Elite White Veloster Turbo M/T with Ultimate Package | 2009 CBR 600RA (RR w/ABS)

Ok here it is again, Try to picture this.... simple... you go into a store, you buy something, you have a few bags, so as a MAN I pull my keys from my front pocket, I press THE UN-Lock button twice.... cuz if you only hit it once you will have to do it again.... ok then You open the rear hatch to Install said bags...... and it takes more than the 30 seconds to to this... ok I'm not that quick..... and the wife then tries to get into the car.... because yes we are in The Pacific Northwest and IT RAINS... all the time.... well she then says... "ummm I'm getting wet here"... cuz yes as stated in my first post the FREAKIN doors are locked .... but the rear hatch is OPEN.... so is this on everyones "v" or just mine.....

Page 4-10 'Unlock (2)' of your OM seems to address your experience.

I just programmed mine to unlock all the doors with just one push of the button. We're both happier now

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
    prettyredbaby likes this.
    Doug
    White/R&B/Tech/MT/30% tint - Bought 10/3/11

Ok so I quess the HATCH is not a door, so that answers my question, Thanks Curmudgeon...

k , when I get out of the store with my bags,I leave the keys in my pocket , push the button and open the hatch, aren't all the veloster the same ?
    VELOSTER EcoShift DCT Triathlon Grey
    Side Visors + hood , Iphone 4

I've had my V 7+ weeks and think I have tried just about every thing with the remote door locking. I have a theory about your problem. I think you tried to verbalize it in your post, #1 in this thread. Your question (at the very end) seems to have been ignored by everyone. I want to answer it, IMHO.

Yes, your symptoms point to a latch problem, not a light problem.

All by it self, we might conclude that there is something wrong with the light. If you took it to the dealer, they probably put it on their test box and confirmed that the computer was not told that the hatch was open, even though it unlocked when you stuck your hand in the hole and lifted. Normally, the hatch latch stays open and closes the Hatch-open circuit so the computer can light the cargo light AND (this is key) keep the other doors from re-locking in the normal time-out (30 seconds seems right). It is the fact that you have two problems that can be associated as I have done that makes me think, you have a latch or wire problem tied to that hatch latch. (I'd guess those two are about equally likely.)

You said you were waiting for a part. Does the part go into the hatch cover (like a latch part?) or does it go over on the right side, a plastic light fixture into which the cargo lamp
    fits? It is possible but a little unlikely that without that bulb to light, the hatch would not signal that it is open. I don't really want to go there without schematics. I find the shop manual void of complete wiring specification. If anything goes wrong, I will have a hard time figuring it out.

Anyway, Put your money on the need to fix the signal from the hatch latch to the microcomputer that controls both the cargo light and the re-lock of the other doors. I have unlocked all doors (I changed it to one press about a week ago. I like that) and opened the hatch any number of times. Sometimes working on things in the cargo and eventually closing the hatch and opening the driver's door and driving away. Have never seen the behavior you describe.

I guess you know about the hatch-only release on the remote? That unlocks the hatch for single use. press the button with the trunk icon and the tail lights will flash twice. For a time, the hatch is unlocked for your convenience. However, when you close it, you cannot open it again unless you re-apply the hatch release or you open all doors with the middle button on the remote. Again, mine works just like that and just as described in the manual.
    Any problem with the hatch-only release on the remote?

Let me know if you can find behavior not consistent with the scenarios I presented. I've been a professional trouble shooter for many years but I am glad to sharpen my skills by being wrong and being told about it. Thanks in advance.
    -- - ken=Boston Red (Carmen)-basic-DCT-LEDs interior+plate

I hate the online version of the owner's manual but I can't carry it back and forth to my desk and the car every trip. Sorry Curmudg, page 4-10 is about battery replacement on the remote.

paging forward I notice another test for the hatch latch. If the hatch is left open, you will not be able to lock all doors with the remote. but then when you do close the hatch (and the latch circuit tells the microprocessor about it) all doors will lock (and the hatch is still counted as one of the doors.) OK. page 4/12 from the HM website .pdf, there is a Unlock (2) section. As I read it, by saying that All doors unlock and knowing that my hatch unlocks when the passenger side doors unlock, it tells me that the hatch is one of the doors. Lock (1) leaves us open to another interpretation. It says that if all of the doors, the trunk and hood are closed, button one will lock all of them and flash the hazard warning lights. This may not be much help.
    I'm going back to my experience, limited as it might be, that the hatch behaves just like the passenger doors except for use of the Trunk Unlock remote button.
    Ciao,
    -- - ken=Boston Red (Carmen)-basic-DCT-LEDs interior+plate

That's what My car does, If its open I tried to lock the doors and the hazards flashed so I'm thinking it's a latch problem. Thanks everyone for the info, I thought I was a nut job. Well at least a cashew nut

Quote Originally Posted by therusinator View Post
    Hope everyone had a GREAT holiday, My questions could not get an answer from The DEALER so here goes.
    My Hatch light will not work and I am waiting for a "new" part from Hyundai and I am also frustrated with the car that when you come out to it and "un-lock" ALL the doors and then open the rear hatch, after a few seconds the door locks again. Is this only on mine ? which would point to the latch on my car not the light assembly.
    Yea,mine dose that to.The first time I was about 25 yds away from my car and unlocked it by the time I got there it was locked again.So I tryed pressing it " twice " and at about the same distance.Same issue,but this time I was only about 5 ft from my car when it locked again.So now I just wait till i'm alittle closer and click the button.It must be on a time limit,being that if the door isn't open in a " timely " matter then it lockes again.

Yes THATS normal.... 30 Seconds but if a Door or in my case hatch is opened it should NOT re-lock.

Quote Originally Posted by KEKinSTL View Post
    ...Sorry Curmudg, page 4-10 is about battery replacement on the remote.
    I was referring to the hardcopy OM. In that manual, page 4-10 addresses REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY. Battery replacement is on page 4-12 of the hardcopy manual.

BTW, it appears that most members posting on the forum refer to "the remote", a somewhat generic term that doesn't distinguish between the smart key and the remote keyless transmitter. I haven't confirmed it, but I assume they both function in the same manner with the exception of the former's panic button.

I was at a cross country run, I opened all my doors, threw in the remote, closed my doors, and changed my close with the hatch open throwing them in, went back to my door and it was locked. I had to crawl through the hatch and over the seats to get at the remote. I thought the doors would not lock with the key in the car not moving. I don't do that anymore. lol...

Quote Originally Posted by therusinator View Post
    Yes THATS normal.... 30 Seconds but if a Door or in my case hatch is opened it should NOT re-lock.
    Correct, i.e. if the car is unlocked using the remote and the hatch is open(ed) prior to the ~30 second auto-lock activation, the car should remain unlocked as long as the hatch is open.

When I tested my V, with the hatch opened (as above), once the ~30 second period expired the car remained unlocked. Closing the hatch does not activate the locking function.

So now the fun Begins, I contacted the dealer and inquired about the part I was waiting on and when I explained what I read on here he claimed " I guess we need to look at your car again" so the waiting begins and have to take it back in next week.... lol... ok I really didn't laugh out loud but You get the point.

When I press the Hatch on the key transmitter all it will do is unlock all the doors. It will not open the hatch. Nothing other than turning off the car, get out and press the rubber button will release the hatch. Could it be that the transmitter is programmed incorrectly or is it a computer problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Aceoasis View Post
    When I press the Hatch on the key transmitter all it will do is unlock all the doors. It will not open the hatch. Nothing other than turning off the car, get out and press the rubber button will release the hatch. Could it be that the transmitter is programmed incorrectly or is it a computer problem?
    I don't know about UNLOCKING the hatch (your post refers to OPENING the hatch) when you're in the car with the engine running, but when the car is locked and you are outside the vehicle, the hatch can be unlocked by pressing & holding the transmitter HATCH button...the car doors will remain locked.

There is no transmitter function that will 'open' the hatch like a car's electric trunk lid opener. The hatch can only be physically opened by pressing on the hatch's rubber button and lifting the hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsveloster View Post
    I was at a cross country run, I opened all my doors, threw in the remote, closed my doors, and changed my close with the hatch open throwing them in, went back to my door and it was locked. I had to crawl through the hatch and over the seats to get at the remote. I thought the doors would not lock with the key in the car not moving. I don't do that anymore. lol...
    Something doesn't sound right. More than once for one reason or another had the key fob out of my pocket in the center console, and the car wouldn't lock the doors when I tried the handle push button, as it sensed the fob inside the car.
    Doug
    White/R&B/Tech/MT/30% tint - Bought 10/3/11

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements