NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rhythim

Thread: NAV Bluelink audio - how to turn off

NAV Bluelink audio - how to turn off

Sorry if this has been posted, but I can't seem to find it if so.

I have a DCT Style package and have not figured out how to turn the announcement off - 'the current route is suspended...please use voice recognition...'. I can cancel this message each time, but that gets annoying. Anyone figured out how to turn this off?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Holy crap! I'm so glad I'm not the only one this is happening too. I thought it was something left over from the test drive I did.
    2012 Century White Veloster | 2010 Jet Stream Blue Grand Sport Corvette | 2005 CBR 600rr

Quote Originally Posted by cmullma View Post

I have a DCT Style package and have not figured out how to turn the announcement off - 'the current route is suspended...please use voice recognition...'. I can cancel this message each time, but that gets annoying. Anyone figured out how to turn this off?
    Well if its says " please use voice recognition " there could be your issue.Did you set up your's????? If not maybe you mite have to,you know to get it turned off.

Just a sugestion.

Quote Originally Posted by lobo302 View Post
    Well if its says " please use voice recognition " there could be your issue.Did you set up your's????? If not maybe you mite have to,you know to get it turned off.

Just a sugestion.
    I figured it was something like that actually, just haven't had time to mess with it yet.
    2012 Century White Veloster | 2010 Jet Stream Blue Grand Sport Corvette | 2005 CBR 600rr

Press the middle button on the mirror, and when prompted, say "Cancel Route". It will then ask you to confirm you wish to cancel. That's all it takes on mine.
    borkat likes this.

I have setup voice recognition, and I can say 'cancel', but I would like it cancelled permanently...is there a way to do that?

thanks!

That's what I just described. If it doesn't ask you to confirm you want to cancel the route, it didn't understand. Say "cancel route", and it won't bother you about it again.

Also, you have to use the PTT button on the mirror for this, not the button on the wheel.

Thanks...I will give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by cmullma View Post

I'll have to try that too. I hate that everytime I start out on a trip, my dang display prompts me about bluelink and i get that audio prompt about resuming previous route! Lol Hopefully this will resolve everything. Thanks Rhythim for the reply.

Worked like a charm! Thanks Rhythim!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythim View Post
    Press the middle button on the mirror, and when prompted, say "Cancel Route". It will then ask you to confirm you wish to cancel. That's all it takes on mine.
    I finally got around to doing this and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the help.

No problem. Had to figure out the same thing a couple weeks ago. Happy to oblige!

Wait, I'm confused... you have to tell it to cancel route in order to stop the turn by turn voice prompting? Wouldn't that cancel the entire navigation route? I was under the impression the original question was to still have navigation, just without the turn by turn voice prompt... ? sorry... long day

I have similar, not same problem, in that when I get an SUV behind me with his HID's blasting, I need to dim the mirror. About 1/3 of those times, the lady on Blue Link asks me to give her a command and she doesn't shut up easily. Finally discovered magic word, "Cancel" but next time I may have to do it again. The automatic dimming mirror is $150+. I'm hoping there is a fuse that only turns off the Blue Link which I have no desire to pay for...
    I know, it's a petty problem but it disturbs my murder mystery playing on the USB drive.
    -- - ken=Boston Red (Carmen)-basic-DCT-LEDs interior+plate

17. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements