NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Playing PS3 on the Veloster!

Playing PS3 on the Veloster!

I found this YouTube video. someone hooked up the PS3 to their Veloster. just in case no one has seen it here it is

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

I was actually thinking if it was possible to do this earlier today. Lol now I know, good find.
    ~Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of Veloster~

is this possible without the tech?
    Boston red style pckge, two tone red/black interior.

Mods-

Lighting- KDM projector, 8000k Hid's, Led wing style reflectors, led map lights, led license plate lights,

Exterior- 18" Enkei evo5 bronze rims, 3m CF grill, blacked out emblems, Red extended lug nuts,

Interior/Electronics- JBL 12" with Intinity amp, V-speeds licenseplate rebadge, removed video while moving mod.

Build Thread
    http://www.veloster.org/forum/10-hyundai-veloster-appearance-body/1509-first-modded-veloster-u-s.htm

That's incredible!

Its possible with a non tech with a 150w power invertor. Also you need the latest slim ps3. The older units draw over 200w.
    lionrohrs likes this.
    2012 Marathon Blue Veloster | 2007 Lotus Exige S | 2010 Honda Fit
    Veloster Interface Design | Development Website | Full Veloster Review

But what about that battery discharge warning that seems to pop up every time I have the access mode on without running the car? It pops up at every few minutes and stays on the screen for at least 10 seconds at a time. That would get obnoxious pretty quick. Is there a way to turn that warning off?

it would be nice to have a tutorial on how to plug it..specially the video cables (i imagine there's no hdmi connection)

If you can match color to color, you can hook this up. It's composite video, not a full-blown av-rack.

Quote Originally Posted by mopster View Post
    it would be nice to have a tutorial on how to plug it..specially the video cables (i imagine there's no hdmi connection)
    Mine came with the cable. I found it in the glove box and it took me a minute to figure out what it was for!

Thanks for the video.
    Electrolyte Green Veloster DCT w/Style. AKA Fiona

"
    We have, I fear, confused power with greatness" ~Stewart Udall

Brotip # 1312: Age isn't always a measure of wisdom. Sometimes a younger bro knows more than an older one.

Quote Originally Posted by mopster View Post
    Wow...
    revlar likes this.

Before I signed my paper work,my saleman asked if I was a gammer, I said yea alittle.So he went to the back and pulled out a PS3 and hooked it up to my car,and played black ops right there.I asked if my x-box would work and he said yes.

So about 2 weeks ago I was playing with some of the stuff in the car and my wife looked at me and said " i supose you could do just about anything " with this car,and i said yea i can.So later that day we where out about and as we where at her brothers house and I went out and hooked my x-box up and started playing " reach " and about 10 minutes later she and her bother came out as I was playing with my youngest nephew and she just looked at me,I said wait till we go to FLA. at the first oy the year,when I'm not driving I'll be playing x-box,the death look I got siad it all.
    ch3mist likes this.

HA HA HA i'll probably get the same look!!

Boys will be boys!!

It was hard to tell from the bad quality of the video but does the sound work in surround through the speaker system or is it only in mono?
    I'll have to try this when I get my V.

I'm pretty sure it's a 3 cable hookup. Yellow, Red, and White. Red and White are the sound cables, so it's possible to do stereo, but no chance for surround. Or if it's just Yellow and White, it will only play in mono.

What I want to know is where to put the Xbox/Ps3. Too bad the glove box isn't big enough to put either console in :P Also, playing Xbox while driving will yield you one thing, scratched disc :P

doesnt work while in motion...
    Silver Certified Hyundai tech turned Sonographer

AND blogger? Check it out! All Things Hyundai.
    http://allthingshyundai.blogspot.com/

"Yes yes, you are a well informed man, but this is just confirmation of your genius! " Haptic
    QFTMFT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by only1db View Post
    Not if you bypass the head unit no?

Quote Originally Posted by only1db View Post
    It does if you punch in that code to allow video while in motion. Don't recall the code at the moment but its in the other topic thread about codes and in the topic thread about playing video...

It's kinda pointless if it doesn't work while in motion. During a roadtrip the passenger could be playing PS3 to entertain themselves, isn't that the whole point? I'll be getting a 150w inverter because I don't have the tech package. Can anyone link me something quality?
    Electrolyte Green Veloster DCT w/Style. AKA Fiona

"
    We have, I fear, confused power with greatness" ~Stewart Udall

Brotip # 1312: Age isn't always a measure of wisdom. Sometimes a younger bro knows more than an older one.

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements