NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 veloster turbo backup camera install

2013 veloster turbo backup camera install

has anyone actually installed one in 2013 model has anything changed from 2012 like harness being there etc thinking of oem kit but dealer hasnt got back to me about install

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

I completed the OEM kit install in about three hours on a 13' VT MT, and experienced no problems. The hardest part of the install is removing the radio bezel without damaging the surrounding material.

can you give me the correct part number is it the one that goes in license plate light also there is no soldering correct plug and play Thanks for reply

I just bought a new veloster. The hyunday accessory brochure shows a backup camera available. Parts dept. was not aware of any but looked in up . Price is $360 but no one knew how to hook it up. Technician said 2-4 hours labor. I do not believe that. I would assume it is a wireless camera and the only wire needed would be from the backup lite to the camera and I would guess that wire is already there.

yeah that is pretty much the same answer i got from my dealer found it on ebay for 280 and 300 on amazon most likely going to take plunge this weekend

took plunge and very happy with install pretty easy

Was any existing wiring already in place? I read one install guide that required the removal of the back seats and rear passenger side plastics to get the wire run all the way to the head unit. Is that what you went through?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Lighting: HID Low Beams 6000K, Stage 1 LED Front Signals, Stage 2 LED Rear Signals, Brake, and Reverse, Stage 2 interior light kit
    Suspension: Eibach Pro Kit
    Engine: Injen CAI Chrome Finish, painted engine bay
    External: Dipped logos, tinted windows(20% rear, 30% front), blacked out grille, EzLip front lip
    Wheels: Coming soon
    Exhaust: Coming later

The wire is not there You had to remove all the panels in the cargo area along with mat and seat trim which runs under back seat when you fold down also the sill plates on the passenger doors,passenger kick panel and glove box and of course stereo The instructions are very good with pics of where all clips are The only mistake I found was it kept saying remove left panel when they meant right and the way they wanted you to remove stereo was just to hard i googled and Hyundai must of sent out a service update on a easier way to remove which i did Just go to Harbor Freight buy the plastic trim tools and give yourself around 3 hrs there is a pdf out there which are the instructions just pay attention to page numbers they are mixed up if you cant find send me a message with email and i email them too you

Quote Originally Posted by tate320 View Post
    The wire is not there You had to remove all the panels in the cargo area along with mat and seat trim which runs under back seat when you fold down also the sill plates on the passenger doors,passenger kick panel and glove box and of course stereo The instructions are very good with pics of where all clips are The only mistake I found was it kept saying remove left panel when they meant right and the way they wanted you to remove stereo was just to hard i googled and Hyundai must of sent out a service update on a easier way to remove which i did Just go to Harbor Freight buy the plastic trim tools and give yourself around 3 hrs there is a pdf out there which are the instructions just pay attention to page numbers they are mixed up if you cant find send me a message with email and i email them too you
    ^^^x2^^^

11. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements