NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Veloster & Android

Veloster & Android

Hey all,

Just received my black manual Veloster yesterday, and I am THRILLED with it. I still cannot believe the punch they packed in for that low price.

I am having a slight problem though. I don't know if this is the fault of my Samsung Galaxy S2 or the bluetooth module in the Veloster, but my phone refuses to connect to the system without me initiating the connection. In my Toyota Matrix, I installed a Clarion CZ500 which connected every time without fail.

Anyone else have an Android phone that has noticed this problem?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Motorola Attrix

I have a Motorolla Attrix and it connected first attempt with no issue at all. The sound is remarkedly more clear both ingoing and outgoing than any Nissan or Honda I have had. Much better than my wifes 2012 Focus also.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgster View Post
    I have a Motorolla Attrix and it connected first attempt with no issue at all. The sound is remarkedly more clear both ingoing and outgoing than any Nissan or Honda I have had. Much better than my wifes 2012 Focus also.
    I realized that my problem stems from turning on the BT after starting the car. If BT is on before I start the car, it connects immediately. If I, say, turn on BT as the car is starting, it won't connect.

Please test if my theory is correct for you as well. Try to turn the car on and then turn on BT on your phone.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rickytenzer View Post
    I realized that my problem stems from turning on the BT after starting the car. If BT is on before I start the car, it connects immediately. If I, say, turn on BT as the car is starting, it won't connect.

Please test if my theory is correct for you as well. Try to turn the car on and then turn on BT on your phone.

Thanks!
    The same thing happens in my wifes 2012 Sonata
    Unforunately most of us turn off Bluetooth to conserve battery juice, but we're going to have to remember to turn it on before starting the car or leaving it on all the time.
    If she forgets and it doesn't connect, she just has to re-discover the phone again and she can't be driving when doing this. It must be in park I believe or at least stopped or turn off the car and re-start after Bluetooth is on.
    Limitations of technology I guess
    Hope that helps.

DROID

Does the same if I turn BT off, but I leave mine on all the time so no problem.

Same here.. On my HTC evo I leave everything on and have found out that it actually last longer (stand by) than if I turn things off like wifi-gps-bluetooth.. here is a screen cap of the phone battery usage after I installed a custom rom .

I will have to test out and see if my Nexus One connects to the BT, it should. Seeing it connects in my parents Lexus.

Nexus S 4G here.. Love the phone ! sorry off topic :P
    Electrolyte Green Veloster DCT w/Style. AKA Fiona

"
    We have, I fear, confused power with greatness" ~Stewart Udall

Brotip # 1312: Age isn't always a measure of wisdom. Sometimes a younger bro knows more than an older one.

I have had no problems synching up the bluetooth and can stream Pandora over the Speakers, however, I have not gotten the Pandora interface to work. I have a Droid 2, if anyone figures this out, let me know!

I have the same problem with my evo 4g I can stream Pandora but the Pandora interface doesn't light as an option under the Media Section.
    I called my dealer and asked if they had ph # to tech support and he said that he was told by their Hyundai Rep that the interface will only work on an Iphone because of it's software integration with the Ipod i just can't believe that so if anyone knows any tricks or can help it would be appreciated

Yeah as of release pandora only works on ipod/iphone. I'm hoping that eventually they could release a software update and allow android to better connect with the sound system. I love my Android phone (been using it since the G1) and if it's possible I'm sure someone in the Android community will find out.

Jt,
    I have both an ipod touch, and a samsung galaxy phone...

Unfortunately its true.. pandora ONLY works with iphone, when i plug in or even bluetooth my android, the pandora interface does not work...

on the ipod however, it lights up when i connect via usb =(

sucks.. maybe when they come out for an update for the system?

Pandora does work on android, you have to enable bluetooth option in pandora and then use the phone music option under media on the veloster. You can stream it through bluetooth and skip songs with the steering wheel. Just no album art or thumbs up.
    kimmikat29 likes this.
    2012 Marathon Blue Veloster | 2007 Lotus Exige S | 2010 Honda Fit
    Veloster Interface Design | Development Website | Full Veloster Review

Hey folks, I work for Verizon and may be able to look into this bluetooth issue for you VZW folks. I'll work on this tomorrow and see what my tech guys can get done for me.

-Mike

I haven't gotten pandora to work on my droid. Ill try what Dezoris said.

Got pandora working just fine using my HTV Evo . I leave the bluetooth on on my phone once the car is started it connects automatically(previously paired) , then I open the pandora app on the phone and select bluetooth streaming from the media screen .

pandora plays fine I do not have the album art or the thumbs up/down but it works..

Yes, you can get Pandora to play using the same bluetooth method you would for any audio coming out of your phone, however, because the car has a specific interface built for pandora, it would be nice to actually have that show up on the screen, and be able to interact with it without having to touch your phone. It seems ridiculous to me that hyundai would make a Pandora interface in their car but not have it be able to recognize the android app. The only possible solution I see(besides modifying the vehicle's software) would be if the app was able to change its' start-up procedure to make it appear as if it were an app from an iphone on runtime. I do not know how this could be done, as I am familiar with the code for these applications, but haven't yet heard of someone accomplishing this. Any ideas?

Right now I have my iPod touch connected via bluetooth and it's tethered to my EVO. Pretty messed up way to have to do it but it beats having an iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by borkat View Post
    ...it beats having an iPhone.
    +1

2 cans and a string beats owning an iPhone.
    Here's my new Blog:

http://drivegeek.wordpress.com

The goal of this blog is to put my impressions and any other information needed to make a proper decision about a car BEFORE you buy it. I'm not reviewing the techy stuff, just how the car does as being it's primary purpose...a car. I will also post negative information about cars from real owners, not some car magazine.

No problems detected with Velo and BBerry.

Move my first 5 importants contacts to favorite list. When Velo download the contact list its very fast. About 1 min. without favorite list (whole contact list)
    http://www.facebook.com/Veloster.Chile
    Don't follow me on twitter: @RCChile

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements