NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Veloster & Android

I'm hoping the LG Nexus 4 connects without a problem, as I'm a bit bored with my iPhone 4. It's out Tuesday, will anybody here be an early adopter?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rickytenzer View Post
    I realized that my problem stems from turning on the BT after starting the car. If BT is on before I start the car, it connects immediately. If I, say, turn on BT as the car is starting, it won't connect.

Please test if my theory is correct for you as well. Try to turn the car on and then turn on BT on your phone.

Thanks!
    Same, former iPhone user, now Samsung Galaxy S3 owner, I turn the BT off on my Galaxy S3 to conserve juice, and have to remember to turn it on before I start up the car. If I do, then it connects automatically and streams seamlessly.

If I forget, then sometimes when I activate BT on my phone, it will connect automatically, but more often than not, I get a BT connect failure window and have to reconnect it manually.

Here's my BT icon widget on my home screen for quick access:

Another question: has anyone hooked up their Android phone via USB port to the Veloster and have the phone show up as a USB device, so you could play mp3s as a regular mp3 player and use the on screen iPod controller interface?

I find this works just fine when I copy a bunch of song files to a USB thumb drive and plug it in, full on screen mp3 playback controls. having a little trouble doing this with my phone which has a 64GB microSD card storage full of media files.

Quote Originally Posted by kayone View Post
    Another question: has anyone hooked up their Android phone via USB port to the Veloster and have the phone show up as a USB device, so you could play mp3s as a regular mp3 player and use the on screen iPod controller interface?

I find this works just fine when I copy a bunch of song files to a USB thumb drive and plug it in, full on screen mp3 playback controls. having a little trouble doing this with my phone which has a 64GB microSD card storage full of media files.
    What kind of phone do you have? You might need to turn on the Android disk drive mode. I have a Galaxy Note, and it takes me forever to find it, but once I do and turn it on, it seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
    What kind of phone do you have? You might need to turn on the Android disk drive mode. I have a Galaxy Note, and it takes me forever to find it, but once I do and turn it on, it seems to work.
    Galaxy S3

I have a HTC One X and have no issues whatsoever with bluetooth or with pandora streaming.

i have s3 also no issues what so ever connecting or streaming, the only problem i have is audio is max out on the radio and i can barley hear the person on the other end, they hear me good thoe, how is your volume when taking over bt ?

Are you turning the volume up while talking to the other person? The radio and phone volume are seperate entities.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Quote Originally Posted by amorek13 View Post
    i have s3 also no issues what so ever connecting or streaming, the only problem i have is audio is max out on the radio and i can barley hear the person on the other end, they hear me good thoe, how is your volume when taking over bt ?
    I also have the Samsung Galaxy S3 but my volume is loud and clear. Did you try raising the volume on the phone before connecting to the car?

I had the same issue with a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon and could never get it to automaticly connect. Now I have the Galaxy S III and it works perfectly. I think that it is the Bluetooth in the phone and less the car.

Blog Entries
    I just updated Pandora on my S3 and the Pandora button on the cars av system still doesnt light up. This car really doesnt like my S3.

my bt volume is all the way up and max out on the radio, when i reset the radio its fine for maybe 2 or 3 calls and the goes down to shi...

also when i raise or lower the volume on the phone makes no difference on the conversation volume

14. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements