Veloster Forum banner

PS3 Hook Up

Tags
hook ps3
3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  bishop14 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I was sitting at the airport waiting area when I realized I have my ps3 in my car. I wanted to try and hook it up while I wait but it wouldnt work. I have a 2012 style/tech NAV. I had my car turned on and everything. I heard people say you need the newer ps3 for it to work. Which I do, not the newest one that just came out but the one before that. Got the ps3 in 2011 I believe. Any reasons why it wouldn't work?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#6 ·
I've put quite a few consoles into cars in my time and the stock inverter in most cars won't have the necessary power to turn it on and run it stably. The best way to do it if you want that feature is to buy a very good aftermarket inverter and directly wire it to your charging system. Make sure you wire in some way to turn it off if it doesn't already have an on/off switch or it will definitely kill your battery. Don't try and run an inverter from your 12 volt acc either as anything strong enough to turn a 360 or non super-slim ps3 on will pop fuses on that circuit. You really have to directly wire it.

When picking an inverter look up the peak draw of whatever you want to connect to it and then buy an inverter based on surpassing those specs. Meaning if your console takes x amps to run at peak then be sure your inverter can reliably handle that or you console may boot but will turn off or reset under load.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.