NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Base Model Start Button

Base Model Start Button

US base models have no start/stop button in the middle, but they still have the spot for it there, with the ring around it. To be honest, it annoys the **** out of me having that pretty little button there when it has no purpose. I mean, it could at least light up when the lights are on, and that'd make me happy. SO, we must fix it ourselves my friends.. Has anyone installed any custom mods on it? To make it light up, look better, have a purpose, etc, anything at all? I was looking into making the ring around it light up red, but how hard would that be? It'd be really nice if someone would create a replacement part for it that also made the Veloster writing in the middle to light up..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Print something out that you can really cut with scissors and paste it on the button spot. It should say on two lines: "press here, turn key". You will FEEL like you have the start button.

I have had keyless start for 6 or 7 years and I wish I had keyless entry to my house! I'm renting a car soon and dread having to use a key -- thanks for reminding me, maybe I will ask if they can give me a car with keyless start.
    mistercarlson likes this.

Lmaoo.
    jkt1954 likes this.

thats where the "missiles" decal goes
    mistercarlson likes this.
    2013 Ultra Black VT M/T Base (Vader)

Ya I posted a couple weeks ago in a thread (don't feel like searching for it) where someone asked about opening it up and I thought it would be cool to put some LEDs in there to light up either the ring around it or file down the "Veloster" writing thin enough for light to show through.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Ya I posted a couple weeks ago in a thread (don't feel like searching for it) where someone asked about opening it up and I thought it would be cool to put some LEDs in there to light up either the ring around it or file down the "Veloster" writing thin enough for light to show through.
    Did you get anywhere with it? I'm going to ask my bodyshop about it

Quote Originally Posted by rcpcdude View Post
    thats where the "missiles" decal goes
    Or the NOS button

Quote Originally Posted by Neloster View Post
    Did you get anywhere with it? I'm going to ask my bodyshop about it
    I have not done anything on that yet, haven't had the time to do it. The other person who was talking about it said he was going to open it up and see what kind of power is back there. I don't have time to search for the post as I am at work

Alright, i'm gonna go look for it.

There's space behind it to so whatever you want. It would be so simple to have a light behind it. And wire it in. All the usb and 12v power is right there. The only reason I haven't done it yet is the gray V trim piece that has the vents in it and surrounds the whole center just pulls off. But it's literally welded on. So if you can get that off it's cake after. There's two tiny screw driver slots at the bottom near the push to start that you're supposed to pry it off at. But all that does is bend the black trim under it...so that's how far I was with it like 4 months ago lol

-on today's episode, we throw a chair over a hedge.
    My Veloster<---Click it!

Quote Originally Posted by jkt1954 View Post

I have had keyless start for 6 or 7 years and I wish I had keyless entry to my house!
    Here you go..keyless house

Lockitron turns your smartphone into a house key

Quote Originally Posted by DeMarioii View Post
    There's space behind it to so whatever you want. It would be so simple to have a light behind it. And wire it in. All the usb and 12v power is right there. The only reason I haven't done it yet is the gray V trim piece that has the vents in it and surrounds the whole center just pulls off. But it's literally welded on. So if you can get that off it's cake after. There's two tiny screw driver slots at the bottom near the push to start that you're supposed to pry it off at. But all that does is bend the black trim under it...so that's how far I was with it like 4 months ago lol

-on today's episode, we throw a chair over a hedge.
    So are you saying it would not be a wise idea to try and get it off to pursue this mod?

So are you saying it would not be a wise idea to try and get it off to pursue this mod?
    I would try, but it's just an awkward trim piece to get your hands on and actually get it off. A few members have after market double din radios in their V's, 2 members actually. One took it to a place to get it done and he said they left marks and the other said it came off fine and he did it himself. I've had no luck getting mine off. But it's worth a try
    My Veloster<---Click it!

Alright, thanks. I'm going to talk with my shop. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
    Funkadelic likes this.

Alright, thanks. I'm going to talk with my shop. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
    It really is a great thing to have - it's fast, it's simple, it's technology.

How big is your budget?

$30 or so gets you a simple/generic "push to start" button you could place in there.. Still need to turn on with your key.

And about $250 gets you a full on RFID "smart key/keyless" system with "push to start" button that does not need to have your key in the ignition at all. So your base Veloster can have some gadgets better than the Style/Tech

Sent from my iPhone 4S using AG Free
    -- "Move along, nothing to see here" --

Quote Originally Posted by DeMarioii View Post
    I would try, but it's just an awkward trim piece to get your hands on and actually get it off. A few members have after market double din radios in their V's, 2 members actually. One took it to a place to get it done and he said they left marks and the other said it came off fine and he did it himself. I've had no luck getting mine off. But it's worth a try
    No tutorial on how to remove that trim piece?

I NEED to dim down that orange "pass airbag OFF" warning light.

Quote Originally Posted by x_Diesel_x View Post
    No tutorial on how to remove that trim piece?
    Here is the copy all - paste from the pdf on the hyundaitechinfo website. There are good actual photos in this procedure

TSB 11-BE-012 VELOSTER CENTER FACIA PANEL REMOVAL PROCEDURE

Circulate To: General Manager, Service Manager, Parts Manager, Warranty Manager, Service
    Advisors, Technicians, Body Shop Manager, Fleet Repair
    Technical Service Bulletin
    GROUP
    NUMBER
    BODY ELECTRICAL
    11-BE-012
    DATE
    MODEL(S)
    November, 2011
    VELOSTER (FS)
    SUBJECT:
    VELOSTER CENTER FACIA PANEL REMOVAL PROCEDURE
    Description: This bulletin describes the procedure to remove the center facia panel. Applicable Vehicles: Veloster (FS)
    Warranty Information:
    Standard warranty applies
    Carefully handle the center facia and other panels to prevent scratches and damage.
     NOTE
    TSB #: 11-BE-012 Page 2 of 4
    SUBJECT:
    SUBJECT:
    Service Procedure:
    Turn the ignition off.
    Hold the center air vent by hand and pull away from the dash panel to increase the trim gap for insertion of the plastic trim removal tool. Carefully insert a thin plastic trim removal tool to start the center facia panel removal process.
    TSB #: 11-BE-012 Page 3 of 4
    SUBJECT:
    SUBJECT:
    Insert another trim tool along the seam.
    Carefully pry off the top portion of the panel.
    Hold the panel firmly with two hands. Pull the panel away from the dash. Carefully pull a small section at a time and repeat the above step all the way around.
    TSB #: 11-BE-012 Page 4 of 4
    SUBJECT:
    SUBJECT:
    Remove center facia panel away from the dash panel.
    Disconnect connectors (4) and remove the center facia panel. Reinstall all the parts removed in the reverse order of removal and confirm proper operation.
    Master Procrastinator.
    White with Red & Black, Style and Tech

Quote Originally Posted by x_Diesel_x View Post
    How big is your budget?

$30 or so gets you a simple/generic "push to start" button you could place in there.. Still need to turn on with your key.

And about $250 gets you a full on RFID "smart key/keyless" system with "push to start" button that does not need to have your key in the ignition at all. So your base Veloster can have some gadgets better than the Style/Tech

There is no budget, i'm willing to spend that $250. What parts, etc would I need for this though and where would I order it? That seems like it would take some serious knowledge of not only the wiring but other delicate hardware that I am not capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by sc.veloster View Post
    Here is the copy all - paste from the pdf on the hyundaitechinfo website. There are good actual photos in this procedure

TSB 11-BE-012 VELOSTER CENTER FACIA PANEL REMOVAL PROCEDURE

Circulate To: General Manager, Service Manager, Parts Manager, Warranty Manager, Service
    Advisors, Technicians, Body Shop Manager, Fleet Repair
    Technical Service Bulletin
    GROUP
    NUMBER
    BODY ELECTRICAL
    11-BE-012
    DATE
    MODEL(S)
    November, 2011
    VELOSTER (FS)
    SUBJECT:
    Description: This bulletin describes the procedure to remove the center facia panel. Applicable Vehicles: Veloster (FS)
    Warranty Information:
    Standard warranty applies
    Carefully handle the center facia and other panels to prevent scratches and damage.
     NOTE
    TSB #: 11-BE-012 Page 2 of 4
    SUBJECT:
    SUBJECT:
    Service Procedure:
    Turn the ignition off.
    Hold the center air vent by hand and pull away from the dash panel to increase the trim gap for insertion of the plastic trim removal tool. Carefully insert a thin plastic trim removal tool to start the center facia panel removal process.
    TSB #: 11-BE-012 Page 3 of 4
    SUBJECT:
    SUBJECT:
    Insert another trim tool along the seam.
    Carefully pry off the top portion of the panel.
    Hold the panel firmly with two hands. Pull the panel away from the dash. Carefully pull a small section at a time and repeat the above step all the way around.
    TSB #: 11-BE-012 Page 4 of 4
    SUBJECT:
    SUBJECT:
    Remove center facia panel away from the dash panel.
    Disconnect connectors (4) and remove the center facia panel. Reinstall all the parts removed in the reverse order of removal and confirm proper operation.
    Thanks!

Link to that "HyundaiTechInfo" website?

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements