NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Heated Seats?!

Question Heated Seats?!

So...I saw in another thread that our brothers & sisters in the Great White North have heated seats as an option? What. The. Hell. It can get pretty cold here in Boston in the winter, and I'm pretty used to heated seats.

Anyone know if it's possible to buy a pair of front heated seats from Hyundai Canada and have them shipped & installed here? Or is that a dumb n00b question? Or do I need to go on a road trip...?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

You could have aftermarket seat warmers installed a lot more cheaply, but the switches will probably be ugly. If you get Canadian seats, you're still going to have to find somewhere to install switches -- the Canadian Veloster has its heated seat buttons where the US has the passenger airbag indicator and stability control button.

If you haven't bought yet, Hyundai USA's CEO has hinted that they might add heated seats to the US models next year.

There's plenty of room for switches to the left of the steering wheel, by the dash light dimmer. Your passenger wouldn't be able to reach it, but it would also be relatively concealed if the switch happens to be ugly, so you (and anyone else) won't really see it.

I'm assuming you could get the Canadian seats, I can't see why it wouldn't work.

I was so disappointed that I couldn't get them here.. Thats good to know that there's an after market option, thanks!!
    2012 Boston Red DCT Style

This is one of the few mods I actually plan to make.. Drivers side only because, well, I don't really ever have a passenger in the car and I don't feel like spending the extra $$.. they can freeze for a couple of minutes.

heated seats arent an option up here. all veloster models come standard with heated seats and mirrors. base model inculded
    Opie likes this.

So that explains those two ugly buttons on the dash! Seriously, the passenger airbag and TCS on/off button just look...odd. Both make much more sense over on the driver's side IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiggosaurus View Post
    So that explains those two ugly buttons on the dash! Seriously, the passenger airbag and TCS on/off button just look...odd. Both make much more sense over on the driver's side IMO.
    the weird thing is, in the canadian model the passenger airbag light / indicator is no where to be found! i don't think we have it. our TCS button is on the left side (near where the eco, parking assist button are). my friend thought it was odd that it's missing, we don't even have a beep noise when we have a front passenger and his/her seatbeat is off. my last car had it and it was 10years old!
    2012 Hyundai Veloster, Marathon Blue, DCT, Tech Package

Quote Originally Posted by Dayv View Post
    You could have aftermarket seat warmers installed a lot more cheaply, but the switches will probably be ugly. If you get Canadian seats, you're still going to have to find somewhere to install switches -- the Canadian Veloster has its heated seat buttons where the US has the passenger airbag indicator and stability control button.

If you haven't bought yet, Hyundai USA's CEO has hinted that they might add heated seats to the US models next year.
    Has anybody heard of any other "hints" about changes or additions for next year's model?

I wouldn't worry too much about switches being ugly. thats an easy fix. snip here.. snip there.. splice here.. splice there.. you could realistically put any switch you wanted on it.. within reason. man, you could even add in a variable resister.. lol, sorry. got carried away. Anyways, im used to heated seats too. i've been driving the wifes car, which has them. i've thought about getting an aftermarket setup put in, but i don't really think its worth it. probably expensive. But, it also doesnt get too cold here in san diego...lol
    | 2012 Hyundai Veloster | 6MT | Boston Red | Tech | 25% tint(front) 15%(everywhere else) |

I guess Hyundai assumed that it doesn't get cold as soon as you cross the Canadian/US border going South!

I asked them about it and their response was the US models bolstered seats can't have heaters, so the CA version doesn't have bolstered leatherette (PLASTIC) sides?

I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather have all cloth and heaters then some plastic...
    RT2011
    Gray/Black with Tech named Sebastian

Quote Originally Posted by rt2011 View Post
    I guess Hyundai assumed that it doesn't get cold as soon as you cross the Canadian/US border going South!

I asked them about it and their response was the US models bolstered seats can't have heaters, so the CA version doesn't have bolstered leatherette (PLASTIC) sides?

I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather have all cloth and heaters then some plastic...
    that's weird. the base model here is all cloth (like the base model in the US) but our tech model (which i have) does have leatherette sides, and heated seats

Quote Originally Posted by c0de7477 View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about switches being ugly. thats an easy fix. snip here.. snip there.. splice here.. splice there.. you could realistically put any switch you wanted on it.. within reason. man, you could even add in a variable resister.. lol, sorry. got carried away. Anyways, im used to heated seats too. i've been driving the wifes car, which has them. i've thought about getting an aftermarket setup put in, but i don't really think its worth it. probably expensive. But, it also doesnt get too cold here in san diego...lol
    After doing a quick search, you can get a pretty good heated seat configuration for anywhere from $70-100 per seat. You'll have to install it yourself, but they all come with instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by dragynslayer View Post
    that's weird. the base model here is all cloth (like the base model in the US) but our tech model (which i have) does have leatherette sides, and heated seats
    Yeah, whoever he talked to is full of ****. It's just an excuse, they did it to cut costs and keep the car cheaper in the US.

There is a US version and a Canadian version each have many differences - legal and ascetic get over it or go to Canada and bring a pocket full of Loonies. I also hear that there is a South Korean version and it will speak to you in Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceoasis View Post
    There is a US version and a Canadian version each have many differences - legal and ascetic get over it or go to Canada and bring a pocket full of Loonies. I also hear that there is a South Korean version and it will speak to you in Chinese.
    Wow. While I agree there are several differences between the Canadian spec and US spec models, most of it is the same. The US version has more options (packages, colours, interior colours) but pricing seems to be more in line with the Canadian version overall. Nothing wrong with our Loonie We are about par for the last few years, so I think a lot of the price differences have been disappearing as new models come online.

As for the South Korean version speaking Chinese. Are you saying that the Koreans want it to speak Chinese, rather than..hmm let's say Korean? Do you think our version speaks 'Canadian'? Sadly, our version has a lot of US jargon in it. For example, it specifies in the nav system for zip code instead of postal code. But, I don't care really.

In my opinion, I'm very satisfied with the Canadian spec version of the V. Yes, there are things that I like about the US spec, especially the larger choices in packages/interior colours, but with our pricing being pretty similar now (our top Tech model with DCT is $23,900 MSRP - I think the US version is close to that), I am glad I don't have to shop south to get the deal

Hey thanks y'all...I guess aftermarket is the way to go. I ain't installing those suckers myself, that's just begging for an electrocution and/or flaming wreck in the dead of night...I'll find a professional : )
    Ultra Black with Black/Red Interior - Style & Tech - 6 Manual

The thing that drives me even more crazy frustrated over the Canadian car is the deletion of TPMS
    Now I'm a huge hater of TPMS, and I cannot believe their cars come without it
    Lucky Canadians can have as many sets of wheels as they want and it's all easy for them
    3H2H1 = THREE HONDAS TO HYUNDAI ONE = 이것이 제 첫번째 현대 될 것이다

A PICTURE BELONGS HERE, PLEASE LET ME HAVE THAT, PLEASE...

Leaving out heated seats for the US was kinda boneheaded. Hopefully they have them in turbo. I won't buy it w/o heated... lol. Nothing like the feeling of a toasty butt warmer on a cold day.
    2013 Veloster Turbo | Matte Gray | Ultimate Package

Quote Originally Posted by 1.6 T-GDI View Post
    Leaving out heated seats for the US was kinda boneheaded. Hopefully they have them in turbo. I won't buy it w/o heated... lol. Nothing like the feeling of a toasty butt warmer on a cold day.
    i already used it a few times. really comes in handy and it works so fast. there are two settings..i always use the low one and it heats up pretty high. never ever tried the higher settting

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements