NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: V-speed's license plate logo mod *FREE MOD*

V-speed's license plate logo mod *FREE MOD*

So our car's came with some pretty attractive license plate frames. however, they extend too far low and cover the top portion of the exhaust outlet, and apparently since they are so low they start to melt from the exhaust heat.

soooo, my next idea, use those tiny veloster logo's and put them to good use =D

How to: use your head, this is just a tiny removable plastic emblem that came on our license plate frames, remove, then stick it on ;P

So thats it! V-speed's license plate logo mod ;D enjoy!
    BrokenEars and nuth88 like this.
    Boston red style pckge, two tone red/black interior.

Mods-

Lighting- KDM projector, 8000k Hid's, Led wing style reflectors, led map lights, led license plate lights,

Exterior- 18" Enkei evo5 bronze rims, 3m CF grill, blacked out emblems, Red extended lug nuts,

Interior/Electronics- JBL 12" with Intinity amp, V-speeds licenseplate rebadge, removed video while moving mod.

Build Thread
    http://www.veloster.org/forum/10-hyundai-veloster-appearance-body/1509-first-modded-veloster-u-s.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Oh yeah, I got that too.. I should put that on. Does it really hang that low? I wanna go see now. I'l report back!
    Electrolyte Green Veloster DCT w/Style. AKA Fiona

"
    We have, I fear, confused power with greatness" ~Stewart Udall

Brotip # 1312: Age isn't always a measure of wisdom. Sometimes a younger bro knows more than an older one.

Update: I installed the rear license plate frame and it wasn't hanging... I didn't know which screws to use that they provided, so I winged it.. they also gave me plugs, that I also winged.. anyone know the right way to install them?

"

Brotip # 1312: Age isn't always a measure of wisdom. Sometimes a younger bro knows more than an older one.

The black plastic frame that came with mine had an embedded Veloster logo that isn't removable. I did, though, remove that frame and put the aluminum and black frame which looks pretty good on the silver against the piano black. Why they have to use 6 freaking screws to hold this thing on is beyond me. What is worse though, is when the car comes with a front tag holder which may not be required in your state, like mine, because if you remove it -- six holes (maybe eight because two are manufactured). I will get a filler for these. I will save the frame though as keeping all the original stuff can become very important down the road -- just look at folks who saved all their junk from the '64 1/2 Ford Mustang (it's really a 1965 -- but the very first ones where called '64 1/2)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jkt1954; 11-05-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Ok first of all I didn't think to look in my trunk to see the Plate brackets. Kinda cool with the VELOSTER on it,although I will tell them about the bracket melting from the exhaust issue.

My question is HOW did you get that off the bracket anyway????? I just looked at it and took out my pocketknife and it didn't move one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by lobo302 View Post
    Ok first of all I didn't think to look in my trunk to see the Plate brackets. Kinda cool with the VELOSTER on it,although I will tell them about the bracket melting from the exhaust issue.

My question is HOW did you get that off the bracket anyway????? I just looked at it and took out my pocketknife and it didn't move one bit.
    my logo is not melting at all. the only issue i saw was someone who had temp tags hanging to low, which started to melt thus melting part of the logo.
    Marathon Blue MANual Veloster

The 'Veloster' in mine can be detached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails V-speed's license plate logo mod *FREE MOD*-img_1000000342.jpg   V-speed's license plate logo mod *FREE MOD*-img_1000000344.jpg  

Yes, i have already removed the rear one in order to install the regular clear plastic cover. It' not quite fit to our Canadian Ontario license plate.

I hope I dont have the melting issue.

"

You likely will, the stock license plate plus paper tag makes it a pretty common occurance.

Mods-

Lighting- KDM projector, 8000k Hid's, Led wing style reflectors, led map lights, led license plate lights,

Exterior- 18" Enkei evo5 bronze rims, 3m CF grill, blacked out emblems, Red extended lug nuts,

Interior/Electronics- JBL 12" with Intinity amp, V-speeds licenseplate rebadge, removed video while moving mod.

Build Thread
    http://www.veloster.org/forum/10-hyundai-veloster-appearance-body/1509-first-modded-veloster-u-s.htm

Quote Originally Posted by V-speed View Post
    So our car's came with some pretty attractive license plate frames. however, they extend too far low and cover the top portion of the exhaust outlet, and apparently since they are so low they start to melt from the exhaust heat.

soooo, my next idea, use those tiny veloster logo's and put them to good use =D

How to: use your head, this is just a tiny removable plastic emblem that came on our license plate frames, remove, then stick it on ;P

So thats it! V-speed's license plate logo mod ;D enjoy!

I am very proud to say that I was there when the idea came... Here is my picture... Thanks Vspeed great idea...

2012 V Silver w/ style_ custom exhaust and S.R.I._18x9.75 Custom Painted Xxr 527 w/225/40/18 Falken Tires_Rear Veloster logo shaved_ ark springs_ Balcked out grill_L.E.D's Dome and Tag Lights_35% tint all around, 5% In the hatch glass_2013 Veloster Turbo Headlights_Yellow Fogs_Ruber Front Lip_Blacked Out Taillights_Racing Lug Nuts_Calipers Painted Black_Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood_Color matched front mirrors and front and rear trim to wheels... many many more...

hahaha, more to come dude! my projectors get here friday ;[P

Mods-

Build Thread

Diy !! :d

"

Make sure you check the correct plate holders are installed in the correct place. Per other useful threads in here one is designated for the front & other back. They are different and will cause the trapped exhaust melting problem.
    Red, Red/Black, DCT Tech "Red Tail" tag "VELOSTR" 01/30/2012

Luckily they gave me the front plate bracket too and in my state (Delaware) you do not have a front license plate so I can use that. I will monitor any melting that might happen though on the rear. Thanks for the tip.

i have had the rear license plate on since i bought the car. never had one problem with melting.

Blog Entries
    hahaha, more to come dude! my projectors get here friday.
    Very interested in those. Let us know how it goes. Instructions too, please.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
    Vigor the Veloster - 2012 Marathon Blue/Black Interior, DCT, Package 3 (USA Tech & Style)
    Born Christmas Day (Dec. 25), 2011 - Delivered Feb. 10, 2012

projectors have been on the car for a few months now, they are GREAT! i added 8000k HID's to complete the look, next step is springs, intake, exhaust, and custom headlight painting =P
    INKSPOT1967 likes this.

Mods-

Build Thread

Blog Entries
    projectors have been on the car for a few months now, they are GREAT! i added 8000k HID's to complete the look, next step is springs, intake, exhaust, and custom headlight painting =P
    Oh! Where's the thread to this, if any?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
    Vigor the Veloster - 2012 Marathon Blue/Black Interior, DCT, Package 3 (USA Tech & Style)
    Born Christmas Day (Dec. 25), 2011 - Delivered Feb. 10, 2012

love a free mod / great idea

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements