NEWS
 
  1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 388
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Lets see your guns!

  1. #1
    Senior Member smellypanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,360

    Lets see your guns!


    (the furthest one on the right is my dads- a high standard supermatic)









    still need a picture of the shot gun

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member smellypanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,360
    No gun owners?
    The above post is a positive-discussion inducing post, it is not meant to talk down on anyone, or seem overly negative. Any foul language in the above post is not directed at anyone in specific. The above post was not posted with the only purpose being to troll or start drama.



    Stop Having a Boring Tuna, Stop Having a Boring Life.

  4. #3
    Senior Member Bobadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    200
    I think this is where mods should do their bit - just what is the need for this on a car forum
    oldsalt likes this.

  5. #4
    Senior Member smellypanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,360
    This is the off topic section. Whats the problem?
    The above post is a positive-discussion inducing post, it is not meant to talk down on anyone, or seem overly negative. Any foul language in the above post is not directed at anyone in specific. The above post was not posted with the only purpose being to troll or start drama.



    Stop Having a Boring Tuna, Stop Having a Boring Life.

  6. #5
    Senior Member PureFrance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Magny Les Hameaux, France
    Posts
    357
    I will only post here once just to say this: Is that really necessary on a car forum as BoBadam puts it... Don't you think there's enough violence in this world to show pics like that... I have kids lurking around... and i'm done !
    Got my V Born 13th of January 2012 @ 15h00 ... Looooving it!

  7. #6
    Senior Member smellypanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,360
    More people are killed by cars every year than guns. How are any of those pictures violent?
    The above post is a positive-discussion inducing post, it is not meant to talk down on anyone, or seem overly negative. Any foul language in the above post is not directed at anyone in specific. The above post was not posted with the only purpose being to troll or start drama.



    Stop Having a Boring Tuna, Stop Having a Boring Life.

  8. #7
    Senior Member untouchablemc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    655
    guns = violence
    cars = transportation

    thats the general representation
    im not picking sides.. im just saying (:
    Newbie and PureFrance like this.

  9. #8
    Senior Member smellypanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by untouchablemc View Post
    guns = violence
    cars = transportation

    thats the general representation
    im not picking sides.. im just saying (:
    ive never seen a gun be violent. if they are supposed to be violent, then all of mine are broken

  10. #9
    Senior Member Bobadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    200
    Says it all, and you have guns - god help us all

  11. #10
    Senior Member toHn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,214
    got two of them.. lol

    - A mistake on your end does not constitute an emergency on my part -

    Currently selling my springs and BBS CK wheels more details PM me

    KimChii's shoot ** Join us KDM Society on fb now **

  12. #11
    Senior Member V for Veloster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    254
    My gun is only for my old lady's enjoyment...

    Now my firearms, that's a different story...

    I'm not going to post pictures here because even in America there is a large divide between people who feel as though firearms are necassary or reasonable and those who do not. I do not like SmellyPanda and have him on my ignore list, however, talking about firearms in the off topic section is just as reasonable as talking about NFL Football, Military Service, Pictures of your desktop, Whether you Like your Job or not, What pet you have, What your favorite Metal band is, or Kim Jong Il being dead. None of these topics have any bearing on the Hyundai Veloster or on cars in general, yet every example is a thread on the first page of the off topic section with no one up in arms for Mods to do their job.

    Those in Europe may not know this, but firearms are a very huge part of life for many Americans. Regardless of whether you agree with it or not, whether you like firearms or not, there are a TON of people who do. The reason an off topic section exists in forums is so that owners can connect over and find common ground on things other than just hte car they drive. Ie. Metlheads who like Velosters. Football fans (both europian and american) who like Velosters, and yes, even Firearms fans who like Velosters.

    If firearms are not to be tolerated here than neither should discussions about metal. Ever been to a Marilyn Manson concert? Many devout and fanatical Christians in America feel as though music can twist and manipulate people's minds and make young people into violent people... so if firearms are not ok to discuss in an off topic section, because some people feel as though a person may do violent things because they have one, then music should be off limits as well, because some youth may go out and do violent things and coincidentally they may listen to certain types of music deemed "violent."

    If the communtiy here had more firearms enthusiasts posting here, I would get on board and post pix as well, but I can definitely see this thread turning into a $h!t storm of intolerance real quick, so for those who are in the know I will list what i own or have owned instead of posting pictures and offending anyone's delicate sensibilites.

    Rifles:
    my baby is a NDM-86 Dragunov in 7.62x51nato with a 4-10x lit reticule russian scope.
    FNH PS90 in 5.7x28 (this is the home defense weapon) and currently only has Magpul MBUS on it as I still have yet to find an Optic i really want to put on it.
    1941 BNZ coded mauser K98
    Yugo M48 mauser
    no longer own: PSL-54C (you know, the one everyone calls a Dragunov but it isn't at all) a Finnsih Mosin Nagant, S+W MP15...

    I may soon pick up a FiveSeveN Pistol... I use to have a Beretta Cougar 9mm but sold it. No pistols right now as I suck with pistols. Can't hit the broadside of a barn with 'em LoL.

    PS: If your only concern about Firearms talk deals entirely with the lack of connection between firearms and cars, I can already think of one HUGE point that makes your concern invalid:

    My NDM-86 in it's hard case will not fit lengthwise in the boot of my Veloster. The only way to fit it is to put a rear seat down. This is a nuissance when I go to the range. Is anyone ELSE having this problem? What firearms do you own that will fit and what do you own that do not fit?
    Last edited by V for Veloster; 02-22-2012 at 07:08 PM.

  13. #12
    Senior Member V for Veloster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    254
    Btw: my old lady who's from Spain informs me that my view of Europians not having as large an appreciation for firearms as Americans may be skewed. Apparently she has a number of cousins in Spain who hunt using rifles and rely on firearms for much of their protein intake- So I apologize for the braod, sweeping generalization about Europians maybe not knowing the importance of firearms to many people.

  14. #13
    Senior Member smellypanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by V for Veloster View Post
    My gun is only for my old lady's enjoyment...

    Now my firearms, that's a different story...

    I'm not going to post pictures here because even in America there is a large divide between people who feel as though firearms are necassary or reasonable and those who do not. I do not like SmellyPanda and have him on my ignore list, however, talking about firearms in the off topic section is just as reasonable as talking about NFL Football, Military Service, Pictures of your desktop, Whether you Like your Job or not, What pet you have, What your favorite Metal band is, or Kim Jong Il being dead. None of these topics have any bearing on the Hyundai Veloster or on cars in general, yet every example is a thread on the first page of the off topic section with no one up in arms for Mods to do their job.

    Those in Europe may not know this, but firearms are a very huge part of life for many Americans. Regardless of whether you agree with it or not, whether you like firearms or not, there are a TON of people who do. The reason an off topic section exists in forums is so that owners can connect over and find common ground on things other than just hte car they drive. Ie. Metlheads who like Velosters. Football fans (both europian and american) who like Velosters, and yes, even Firearms fans who like Velosters.

    If firearms are not to be tolerated here than neither should discussions about metal. Ever been to a Marilyn Manson concert? Many devout and fanatical Christians in America feel as though music can twist and manipulate people's minds and make young people into violent people... so if firearms are not ok to discuss in an off topic section, because some people feel as though a person may do violent things because they have one, then music should be off limits as well, because some youth may go out and do violent things and coincidentally they may listen to certain types of music deemed "violent."

    If the communtiy here had more firearms enthusiasts posting here, I would get on board and post pix as well, but I can definitely see this thread turning into a $h!t storm of intolerance real quick, so for those who are in the know I will list what i own or have owned instead of posting pictures and offending anyone's delicate sensibilites.

    Rifles:
    my baby is a NDM-86 Dragunov in 7.62x51nato with a 4-10x lit reticule russian scope.
    FNH PS90 in 5.7x28 (this is the home defense weapon) and currently only has Magpul MBUS on it as I still have yet to find an Optic i really want to put on it.
    1941 BNZ coded mauser K98
    Yugo M48 mauser
    no longer own: PSL-54C (you know, the one everyone calls a Dragunov but it isn't at all) a Finnsih Mosin Nagant, S+W MP15...

    I may soon pick up a FiveSeveN Pistol... I use to have a Beretta Cougar 9mm but sold it. No pistols right now as I suck with pistols. Can't hit the broadside of a barn with 'em LoL.

    PS: If your only concern about Firearms talk deals entirely with the lack of connection between firearms and cars, I can already think of one HUGE point that makes your concern invalid:

    My NDM-86 in it's hard case will not fit lengthwise in the boot of my Veloster. The only way to fit it is to put a rear seat down. This is a nuissance when I go to the range. Is anyone ELSE having this problem? What firearms do you own that will fit and what do you own that do not fit?
    well said.

    i forgot why me and this guy dont get along here, but we do have a common ground and im sure if we ever met to shoot paper and steel together we would have a great time and get over our differences.


    Jealous of the PS90 BTW, i dont think we cant own them in CA because god kills a kitten every time someone looks at that gun funny.
    Nomad likes this.

  15. #14
    Senior Member smellypanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by V for Veloster View Post
    Btw: my old lady who's from Spain informs me that my view of Europians not having as large an appreciation for firearms as Americans may be skewed. Apparently she has a number of cousins in Spain who hunt using rifles and rely on firearms for much of their protein intake- So I apologize for the braod, sweeping generalization about Europians maybe not knowing the importance of firearms to many people.
    I think its just that they did too little, too late. they were lead down the slippery slope that we are headed down, and when the time came, they were pretty much defenseless.


  16. #15
    Senior Member Aeroscout977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lima, OH
    Posts
    557
    Don't own a gun but I support the second amendment 100%. When I get around to it I would like a G37 and an AR-15.
    Mike

  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    kingston ny
    Posts
    263
    im not into guns and people can say whatever they want but to say iv never heard of guns used as violence i think is a little strange. my opinion is i understand v for velosters comparison but i think there are better things to talk about on forums (forums are like a community) then guns cause everybody knows they are weapons whatever you want to compare it to or how ever you use them.

  18. #17
    Senior Member smellypanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by zay9000 View Post
    im not into guns and people can say whatever they want but to say iv never heard of guns used as violence i think is a little strange. my opinion is i understand v for velosters comparison but i think there are better things to talk about on forums (forums are like a community) then guns cause everybody knows they are weapons whatever you want to compare it to or how ever you use them.
    guns do not have free will, for a gun to be used in a crime, a person has to manipulate the gun and force the gun to be used in a crime. guns in and of themselves are not violent.

    they are also not inherently weapons, they are tools that can be used for many many applications. i use my guns to shoot paper and steel plates, some people use guns to provide food for their family, some people use guns to defend their lives and the lives of their loved ones, some people use guns to compete in speed or distance shooting, some people use guns to make loud noises and scare birds away from killing their crop, some people use guns to participate in olympic events.

    yes, there are bad people that will use guns to do harm, just as there are people who will do harm with cars, knives, bats, and hammers. the fact is, that there is a bad person behind those objects, and to blame the objects themselves is ignorant.

    was it an airplanes fault that the twin towers got hit?

    is it your computers fault that you have so many typos?
    FlotsamRefuge likes this.

  19. #18
    Senior Member smellypanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,360
    again, this is off-topic and just because you suffer from hoplophobia, it doesnt mean that a huge part of American culture shouldnt be discussed.
    XanRules likes this.

  20. #19
    Senior Member smellypanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,360
    i sold these 2 guns, they were great though-




  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    kingston ny
    Posts
    263
    uhhhhh ok then guns, hammers, knives etc etc are weapons and tools. anything that kills something is a weapon. words can have and develop multiple defenitions to them. lets get real all these reasons like some people use guns to defend their lives and the lives of their loved ones, some people use guns to make loud noises and scare birds away from killing their crop there are other ways to do this then using guns. guns are violent, what are they used for, mostly used for killing, killing, bringing down targets, more killing at the end of day its what there going to be used now cause there are other things to move onto that are safer, possibly more effecient. i quess im going to block you and ingore you, nobody likes you it seems and i dont either so there ya go.

  22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements
     

Similar Threads

  1. Lets Get this Holiday Thing started Shall we
    By saltflatslider in forum Hyundai Veloster General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-25-2011, 09:39 PM
  2. Lets talk exhaust
    By V-speed in forum Hyundai Veloster Intake and Exhaust
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-25-2011, 01:00 PM
  3. Lottery lets less than 1 in 10 Beijing drivers buy new cars
    By veloster in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 05:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2