NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Color window tints

Color window tints

I saw somebody did a red hue window tint on a black VT - I also have a black/blue VT and am getting my windows tinted next month and am considering a blue hue to accent the interior accents. Does anybody else have pics of a black exterior with colored window tints - if so, please post.
    Truth is a paradigm created for the intellectually challenged.

Proud owner of a `13 Veloster Turbo as of July 30, 2012.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

:barf:
    Razing likes this.
    The above post is a positive-discussion inducing post, it is not meant to talk down on anyone, or seem overly negative. Any foul language in the above post is not directed at anyone in specific. The above post was not posted with the only purpose being to troll or start drama.

Stop Having a Boring Tuna, Stop Having a Boring Life.

not my cup of tea, unless its a 60's gasser.
    ryan_richter likes this.

No offense, but why would anyone want to look out a window and see everything in red, blue, or whatever color? Regular tint is the way to go. I'm curious as to how it would look on a VT also. I won't be too impressed though...
    Subaru BRZ Premium in World Rally Blue Pearl
    Mods:
    • Tint: 35% sides, 18% rear corners & back
    • Lighting: LED Interior & License Plate, Hi-Power LED Reverse Lights
    • Wheels/Tires: 18"x8" TSW Nurburgrings w/ Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 245/35s
    • Future Mods: DRL Wiring Mod, New Speakers All-Around, Injen CAI, 17" Winter Tires, Clear Side Marker Lights(In Transit)

Quote Originally Posted by bipolarattorney View Post
    I saw somebody did a red hue window tint on a black VT - I also have a black/blue VT and am getting my windows tinted next month and am considering a blue hue to accent the interior accents. Does anybody else have pics of a black exterior with colored window tints - if so, please post.
    Admittedly, he's bipolar. Maybe it's his less logical personality making this request??

Isn't tint already a color? I guess it's like a greyish. But it's not clear, which is lacking color. So, why is this such a crazy idea? Some of you guys are so judgemental.

Quote Originally Posted by kimtyson View Post
    Isn't tint already a color? I guess it's like a greyish. But it's not clear, which is lacking color. So, why is this such a crazy idea? Some of you guys are so judgemental.
    I don't think anyone would honestly care if he got a color non-greyscale tint. It's HIS choice. No one meant offense to him, not even smellypanda as his signature explains

The only time I've seen colored tint would've been really cheap faded tint that turned dark blue. Just looks out of place to me
    Mods:
    • Future Mods: DRL Wiring Mod, New Speakers All-Around, Injen CAI, 17" Winter Tires, Clear Side Marker Lights(In Transit)

Grey isnt really a color, its a shade. Just google "color tint", most of the results are POS cars, clearly owned by some hill billy that thinks his $5,000 car is a show car.
    The above post is a positive-discussion inducing post, it is not meant to talk down on anyone, or seem overly negative. Any foul language in the above post is not directed at anyone in specific. The above post was not posted with the only purpose being to troll or start drama.

With color tints -- you have to be very careful who manufactured it. 3M tints are really good -- but there are others you may want to check out as well. 3M promises that they don't simply go purple. Sunglasses have ranged from shades of gray, black, silver and green and red, As can car window tints. The Veloster broke all the rules to begin with and the window tint can, too. It is your car. And who said it was permanent?

lol gray, black, brown, everything darker to dark is a color, it just has less color thats bright of course but its still a color. it is because it goes to everything that is black and dark. you just dont describe somebody thats dark and say hes/she a dark shade in the atmosphere.

it goes like this - black is a color, grey is a lighter shade of black but its still a color. same goes for anything like gold is a darker shade of yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by zay9000 View Post
    lol gray, black, brown, everything darker to dark is a color, it just has less color thats bright of course but its still a color. it is because it goes to everything that is black and dark. you just dont describe somebody thats dark and say hes/she a dark shade in the atmosphere.

it goes like this - black is a color, grey is a lighter shade of black but its still a color. same goes for anything like gold is a darker shade of yellow.
    Black really isnt a color though. Objects appear black when all wavelengths of color are absorbed. Colors are what you find in a rainbow, and thats because rainbows refract all colors. If black were a color, you would find it in a rainbow, or in a spectroscope, which you dont.

You also might be confusing color shades with color tones.

Moral of the story: get normal tint or you shall be judged!
    Mods:

Quote Originally Posted by Razing View Post
    Moral of the story: get normal tint or you shall be judged!
    Name:  y8F8s_GIF_Collection_of_someone_eating_popcorn-s256x192-181193.gif
Views: 1764
Size:  482.2 KB lol lol lol lol lol lolladeda

go for it!!!
    jkt1954 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tidybowl View Post
    go for it!!!
    Perfect example of why to not color tint

We have established that SmellyP does not like color tint. That leaves a few billion other opinions yet to be heard.

Quote Originally Posted by smellypanda View Post
    That's Teh Awezomez! Color, AND Chrome!

They need to vinyl-wrap the entire car same-same....
    Parfois, on fait pas semblant!

김치

Quote Originally Posted by BluMeanie View Post
    That's Teh Awezomez! Color, AND Chrome!

They need to vinyl-wrap the entire car same-same....
    that entire car looks funny but the tint does look awsome.

I'm with you.
    Velsoteray - Blue, tech, tinted, totally debadged, black & blue custom paint and vinyl from wheels to roof.

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements