NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: ***DeMarioII Build***

haha that meme. Ill probably go back to the center cut out but for winter a muffler keeping it not as loud is nice. and i added like 2 feet. Flow isn't bad and it doesn't feel restricted.
    My Veloster<---Click it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

After seeing all the stuff you have done to this car I have to say I'm like WTF.. This car really doesn't need any work when it comes to the shell!!! You may replace the Headlamps if you don't have the Turbo model and may remove the decals other then that the car has a look that I get at least 2 people a day to say I love your car!! Now engine wise this thing has real potential loving making slow cars, fast cars.. But thats just me. I grow up building the impossible to possible. Toyota use to make the 4A-GE engine that I think its a beast but it has a sister engine the 4A-FE that is a duck but after building that thing and making it from 101HP to 455Hp I was proud of the work I did. Took me two years to find and build that monster but I was always told it can't be done and I did it!!

yeah i'm going for something different, i hate the headlamps until i had them done to what they are today. Removing the hatch center "smiley" was a must, i think it looks so bad. It's funny how every other hyundai had a clean rear with no indent where the badge was until the veloster. Other than plasti-dip to the front bumper to make it look like an "evo" front, everything is a few peels away from stock. The fart can is for quiet driving plus i wanted to see if i liked the look of the one can mounted off to the side like i saw on a Gen. Its alrighttt but i'm not so sure about it, i know anyone over the age of 20 probably hates the look, as you can see by the posts. But the look now adays is that. Or at least what i see fit. I get plenty of "nice car" everywhere i go. And whether anyone likes it or not, hyundai, just the name and brand carries a huge "no-no" with it in the community. It's much much better than years ago, but it's no where near Subi or Mazda clubs and support. The point being i like having no badges, because no one knows what the car is for starters, plus it looks super fast. And i don't know about you but i can't see how anyone looks at my car than looks at another V with a giant spoiler and body kit with stickers all over it and thinks it looks better. But beauty is in the eyes of the beholder i guess? But i'm sure if the older people on here that "arn't a fan" of the work they can at least respect it being done and looking super clean, which is the whole point of everything i'm doing. After winter it will be lowered on coils, wide offset wheels flush with the side of the body and a custom grill like the VT. At which point you will hate it or love it.
    Either way, as far as engine work, i have almost 40k on the motor now and i intend to either swap a 2.0 turbo into the car or look into a turbo bolt on with a custom ecu. But that is far down the road but it will be fast eventually. It looks to fast to not go as fast as the looks lead you to believe. For now i'm just doing visuals and messing with body work and interior comfort well more and more company's come this way and see hyundai is an up coming company and start putting work into developing parts and a place to take this car.
    My Veloster<---Click it!

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost12 View Post
    For sure it's "to each their own". It's good to see you're going further than many do with their vehicles. But it's certainly not my taste.

I completely understand you may not "care" about your flow of your exhaust but with adding 4' of pipe and crush bends certainly didn't help anything. Have you thought of at least purchasing some mandrel bent sections at like $25 each through Columbia River?
    also, what would you recommend for better flow, i feel like the 90s are killer to the flow, i wanted a 60 degree to a 45 with the muffler angled to the other side at first but i just put this together in one night to fix the horrible straight pipe that was killing my ears and everyone else on the road. It wasn't that bad, it was just the guy who put the magnaflow on messed up and it leaked so it was loud, so i cut that off and now i cant use the muffler since i cut close to the wields. So straight pipe to the stock back was put on but again the clamps leaked so it was loud and drone on the highway where you need to be in 6th or you're deaf and it sounds like a tug boat horn sounding everytime you're on the gas.

So current fart can sounds nice and deep. When you step on it it doesn't sound boyricer, it's a nice proper sound. I also have the silencer on it.
    My Veloster<---Click it!

Oh my...

.:. Marathon Blue
    Veloster Turbo .:.

DD Stage 2
    Interior LEDs / DD 6000K HID / CREE 10W Foglight LED / CREE 7W Reverse LED / MTEC + PIAA Super White Turn Signal Bulb / Luxon Strut Bar / Brenthon Emblem / Injen CAI

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    My Veloster<---Click it!

First of all, any time you put a bend in any exhaust, it starts reducing flow. The bend(s) will also help to attentuate the exhaust note to some degree over "straight pipe". If you use mandrel bends, the flow restriction will be minimized since the bends only decrease ID by about .020"~.030" max at the center of the radius. If possible, I'd recommend placing the next inline section of pipe, resonator, muffler, etc over the previous section. This can be done by swaging (puffing) the next part inline in the system. At the very least, make sure the sections are of the same ID welded butt-to-butt with back-purging. Also, make sure are no sharp internal edges at the joints.

If you clamp your parts together be prepared for leaks, burbles, and flow restrictions at those joints. While most people make exhausts this way it is far from optimal. Obviously your budget and your own skills will come into play here.

As most members on here know by now, I'm totally @n@l about how I make parts and go far beyond anything I've ever seen anyone else do especially when it comes to exhaust work. I'll chamfer all internal edges of the exhaust parts with a Shaviv deburring tool. I always have back-purging performed on all weld joints (MIG or TIG) as this ensures no flow restriction as well as longevity of the welds. I also many times apply a thermal barrier coating to the exhaust to help ensure maximum flow due to thermal retention. Stainless steel pipe of the same ID will typically have a slight advantage in flow due to it's natural thermal retention properties as well as the fact that it will never burn through as compared with carbon steel or aluminized steel.
    VeloRyder likes this.

Good advice, and ive ordered some 45s to take care of everything properly.

In other news, got charcoal lights and white on the reflectors.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    My Veloster<---Click it!

My Veloster<---Click it!

Hey who did your headlight housing? What kind of paint?

He did them himself.
    Third page of the thread has some pictures.
    2012 Base Vit C
    Full Kustom F100 in my avitar
    37 Ford Hot Rod
    65 Ranchero mild Kustom
    49 Pontiac mild Kustom fastback

Quote Originally Posted by Sokudo10 View Post
    Hey who did your headlight housing? What kind of paint?
    Yup me, you can use normal paint with heat resistance clearcoat if you would like but even my hids don't affect the paint

My Veloster<---Click it!

To each their own. But...

Dafuq? Couldn't imagine doing that to my V.

Props on the imagination & effort though.

Quote Originally Posted by BKamp613 View Post
    To each their own. But...

Dafuq? Couldn't imagine doing that to my V.

Props on the imagination & effort though.
    Amen

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Quote Originally Posted by tidybowl View Post
    one of the coolest features on this car is the center exit exhaust. putting a coffee can exhaust makes me think of only one thing.
    Yup. Exactly. I love center exhaust or dual exhaust outlets (one on each side)

Always looked like a dog butt to me.
    Don't hate it, but plan on splitting mine to either end and moving licence plate down lower.
    Did it on Photoshop and liked the way it came out.

That being said, nothing seems dumber to me that an riceboy 3 liter exhaust on a 1.6liter engine.

Mario, don't stop doing what your doing. Taking the different path is a good thing.
    Build your car, not everyone else's. You are one of the few on this board that actually MODifies anything.
    Last edited by Haywood Jablowme; 12-01-2012 at 03:10 PM.
    2012 Base Vit C
    37 Ford Hot Rod
    65 Ranchero mild Kustom

you can make an exhaust look good, if you notch the rear bumper and put the tips int he notches it may look good. but welding a coffee can sideways to your exhaust? im all for modifying your car, but i learned on my first car you either do it correctly or dont do it at all. i did everything twice on my first car, it was a lesson learned.

Last edited by DeMarioii; 12-10-2012 at 04:32 AM.
    My Veloster<---Click it!

some photoshop fun well i decide what grill to retrofit
    My Veloster<---Click it!

Truthfully, out of all of em, I think the Turbo Grill in the NA looks best.
    The mixture of the turbo grill with the NA fogs is where I hope to be.
    Still waiting for Import Shark to pull the trigger on the brickless turbo grill.
    captainofiron and Bentsi like this.
    2012 Base Vit C
    37 Ford Hot Rod
    65 Ranchero mild Kustom

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements