NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Anyone got Tow Hooks?

Anyone got Tow Hooks?

Sent from my M886 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone got Tow Hooks?-uploadfromtaptalk1360023986696.jpg   Anyone got Tow Hooks?-uploadfromtaptalk1360023997374.jpg   Anyone got Tow Hooks?-uploadfromtaptalk1360024009678.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

I've actually liked your v, but not if you're not getting paid to drive around advertising.
    Tow hooks are ricy, but part of "the look" so whatever floats your boat. But unless you're getting towed in and out of trailers. Why spend 100$ or more on that?

•______________•
    My Veloster<---Click it!

Plus we already have 2 tow hooks stock...

&bull;______________&bull;
    My Veloster<---Click it!

Im sorry...but Im confused on how having a well painted tow hook is ricy compared to the rice burner single pipe you have hanging out the back of yours instead of the well engineered factory tailpipes..?
    MTD likes this.

At the shop; only our race cars have tow hooks. However, people like them as a fashion statement so to each their own. Is there a tensile strength rating?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
    Mike

Because my single pipe, as stated in many post by myself is ricy, i wasn't denying it, i like the look of single outs to cylinder cans on stis gtrs and evos, its a trend. But a bright tow hook is super tacky. I use my exhaust, and it cuts out 2 90 degree turns... we already have TWO tow hooks stock... and they're not getting pulled in a trailer or actually using it, it's just for a "look" idk why you'd want extra weight

If you are than i stand corrected, but i know its really just a "look"

o______________o
    My Veloster<---Click it!

Quote Originally Posted by DeMarioii View Post
    I've actually liked your v, but not if you're not getting paid to drive around advertising.
    Tow hooks are ricy, but part of "the look" so whatever floats your boat. But unless you're getting towed in and out of trailers. Why spend 100$ or more on that?

&bull;______________&bull;
    As he said... 100% whatever floats your boat... and the Rockstar graphic/black and yellow look is awesome.... I just find the whole tow hook thing hard to understand. The tow hook is the most obscure part of the car to accentuate. When i started seeing them on civics etc.. I literally couldnt figure out why?? the only "Racing" tow hooks i ever knew are in the FRONT of the car, serving purpose when being towed through the staging lanes etc...

Quote Originally Posted by ViggiSS View Post
    As he said... 100% whatever floats your boat... and the Rockstar graphic/black and yellow look is awesome.... I just find the whole tow hook thing hard to understand. The tow hook is the most obscure part of the car to accentuate. When i started seeing them on civics etc.. I literally couldnt figure out why?? the only "Racing" tow hooks i ever knew are in the FRONT of the car, serving purpose when being towed through the staging lanes etc...
    Road and track cars are required to have front and rear row hooks. This is pretty much across the board at most major sanctioning bodies.

Mike

Didnt you hear? Those are wind up toy conversions for the civics. You wind the car up before you go racing and when vtec hits its like a rocket ship.
    ViggiSS and JGunz18 like this.
    Cookie Monster-2013 Marathon Blue Veloster Turbo-Auto-Converted To Blue Interior,BD Customs FMIC, 2.5 in. Catless DP & CAI, NGM Coilovers, Hi/Lo/Fog HIDS, LEDS, Magnaflow Exhaust,Forge BOV,65A Poly Engine Mounts,Poly Exhaust Hangers,Import Shark STB,Maintec Torsion Bar, "Veloster Turbo" Acrylic Plates,Gold Rota P45 18x8 Kuhmo 4X 225/40/18s,Sequence Devil Claws,KDM Headlights, Weathertech Mats And Visors, TurboXS Billet Oil Cap

2009 Performance White Shelby GT500-725 Rwhp 676 Rwtrq- SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroscout977 View Post
    Road and track cars are required to have front and rear row hooks. This is pretty much across the board at most major sanctioning bodies.

I'm assuming in Road Course sanctions to assist in clearing wrecks? I know there's nothing in NHRA or IHRA rules specifying rear tow hooks.. nor could i see why they would be necessary. Full tube chassis race cars are essentially one giant tow hook.. and most street cars already have em..

Quote Originally Posted by gt800 View Post
    Didnt you hear? Those are wind up toy conversions for the civics. You wind the car up before you go racing and when vtec hits its like a rocket ship.
    lol read my mind.

On a serious not I know in most road course events a tow hook is required front and rear and clearly labeled with a red arrow or something along those lines.
    Cookie Monster-2013 Marathon Blue Veloster Turbo-Auto-Converted To Blue Interior,BD Customs FMIC, 2.5 in. Catless DP & CAI, NGM Coilovers, Hi/Lo/Fog HIDS, LEDS, Magnaflow Exhaust,Forge BOV,65A Poly Engine Mounts,Poly Exhaust Hangers,Import Shark STB,Maintec Torsion Bar, "Veloster Turbo" Acrylic Plates,Gold Rota P45 18x8 Kuhmo 4X 225/40/18s,Sequence Devil Claws,KDM Headlights, Weathertech Mats And Visors, TurboXS Billet Oil Cap

2009 Performance White Shelby GT500-725 Rwhp 676 Rwtrq- SOLD

But its "dope" and "ill" to have a giant "tow here" arrow just incase you can't see the obviously flamboyant colored steel hook hanging out a foot off the car...

o______________o
    My Veloster<---Click it!

U'mmm where did ya get em?
    My forum, if you are Ex or Current Australian ADF http://www.tri-service.org/

It only cost me $17 lol n even though everyone is into fast cars n **** I just like to personalize my car to my own taste.

Temp3rMental likes this.

I'm assuming in Road Course sanctions to assist in clearing wrecks? I know there's nothing in NHRA or IHRA rules specifying rear tow hooks.. nor could i see why they would be necessary. Full tube chassis race cars are essentially one giant tow hook.. and most street cars already have em..

lol read my mind.
    That's why they're attached to the chassis Drag racing is not the same as a 2.5ish mile road course where missing the apex could mean your nose is buried in a safety wall or soft barrier. You are correct when you say they're or clearing accidents and crashes. Unlike drag racing where they have 2-4 cars running at a time between 4-20ish seconds(yes I included grandmas Accord Wagon :P). Road courses can vary between 30 second laps to 3+ minutes with up 30-40 cars at a time. So clean up crews need a way to remove vehicles and debris as soon as possible.

Holy crap I went off track(no pun intended). Anyways the OP should do what makes him happy!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mario8 View Post
    It only cost me $17 lol n even though everyone is into fast cars n **** I just like to personalize my car to my own taste.

Like i opened up with, i think your v is sick, and I'd love to be at a show next to it. I was simply stating, as far as the tow hook thing went in the car scene, i don't like it.

Everything else on your car looks mint, i think we can agree on that, no hate. Just saying

o______________o
    My Veloster<---Click it!

Thanx n I already installed a system as well! I need heavy bass with my music!

Bought two 12" Kickee Comps with individual ported boxes n Koiler 1600 W amp

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by oldsalt View Post
    U'mmm where did ya get em?
    You all went off topic and left my question for dead, bump?

Mario, knowing the cost is good, however, it would be nice to know where you bought yours?

EDIT: Don't bother, I see you got them from ebay
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hot-Sale-...item19d69e67f7

Don't think I will bother with them.
    Last edited by oldsalt; 02-05-2013 at 02:36 AM.
    My forum, if you are Ex or Current Australian ADF http://www.tri-service.org/

Yup from ebay. I wasn't gonna spend not even $30 for that but since it was cheap well wat the heck

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements