Veloster Forum banner

Big boom VT

Tags
big boom
6K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Gwholxc 
#1 ·
Well I bought my new 2016 VT about 3 weeks ago so I figured it's about time I start documenting the build. First changes were 15% tint all around as well as changing the factory interior lights from plain bulbs to super whites and blues. My next step was to add underglow and hatch area lights. Pictures to come.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Well the system in the car is coming along at a snail's pace it seems, but I have made some progress. So far I have swapped out the head unit for a Kenwood DDX 6703s and although it sounds great the functionality just isn't to my taste (it's more focused on USB connection Instead of BT) so I have a DDX772BH on its way to replace it.

A few things I would like to point out about swapping out the head unit. The difference in sound quality is astounding it took the system from dull and muddy to clear and crisp, however the factory tweets do break up at higher volume.
the face around the radio is obnoxiously tight and hard to remove despite the notches on the bottom of the panel (I broke several panel tools in the process and had to use a flathead screwdriver) next the Metra wire harness is great the only issue I ran Into was with the backup cam retention which was easily fixed by slightly modifying the harness. The factory aux is retained and I will be looking for a solution to save the factory USB as well. I also have an idatalink maestro RR harness on the way to retain steering wheel controls and hopefully give me an on-screen Boost gauge. More to come!

#4 ·
Well swapped the deck back out to a Kenwood DDX 773BH and it fits my needs much better. I also got the idatalink maestro RR harness installed and working with minor hiccups so now I have my steering wheel controls back AND boost gauges with fuel ratios and ECT. Unfortunately I haven't been able to play with it since I pulled off the bumpers and all of the trim to do some accents.

#16 ·
Hi. What do u need to install the idatalink maestro rr? I was told by crutchfield that this is impossible since theres no T harness form Idatalink for Veloster. I have a Veloster 2013 base with 8 speakers, aftermarket stereo with idatalink compatibility and factory amp. Thanks.

#7 ·
Here are some pictures of the body work, I will get some pictures of the head unit with the gauges in the next couple days.

On another note I finally pulled the trigger today and ordered about 80% of my audio system.
I ordered
2 Focal FD1.900 2 Focal FDP4.600 amps
2 Focal E 30 FX subwoofers and a set of Focal Es 130 Kx speakers

All that's left now are an extra set of Focal TXM tweets and a pair of Es 165 KX3 dedicated midbass drivers. More updates and pics to come!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.