NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: ***DeMarioII Build***

Cool ***DeMarioII Build***

Welcome To DeMarioii's Veloster...
    i'm just a 20 year old kid that loves cars and taking this one to where ever i feel looks good.
    Feel free to ask or comment anything you would like.
    Ill be posting my updates here and new pictures all the time.

My Veloster<---Click it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

fnaveag likes this.
    My Veloster<---Click it!

I see you relocated your front license plate to the lower right side. Any reason?

It's a same for those of us who live in states that require 2 plates. That front end on the Veloster looks so much better with no plate at all!
    Waiting for the 2013 VT / Elite White - all options

Can't wait to see it in person Mike
    3H2H1 = THREE HONDAS TO HYUNDAI ONE = 이것이 제 첫번째 현대 될 것이다

A PICTURE BELONGS HERE, PLEASE LET ME HAVE THAT, PLEASE...

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    I see you relocated your front license plate to the lower right side. Any reason?

It's a same for those of us who live in states that require 2 plates. That front end on the Veloster looks so much better with no plate at all!
    No reason other than style. I wish I could just have no plate. Damn ny

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    mjdamico44 likes this.
    My Veloster<---Click it!

yo i was in a different thread and i saw you had white neon's on your car but the pictures must have been deleted, could you upload them here? I know some people were not huge fans but i was just curious to see how they looked lol

Quote Originally Posted by DeMarioii View Post
    No reason other than style. I wish I could just have no plate. Damn ny

I feel the same way about Virginia. Wish I only needed one plate!
    Waiting for the 2013 VT / Elite White - all options

Quote Originally Posted by Gscoobs View Post
    yo i was in a different thread and i saw you had white neon's on your car but the pictures must have been deleted, could you upload them here? I know some people were not huge fans but i was just curious to see how they looked lol
    I'll post them up as soon as I get them wired in properly and on a switch. Also have to bake headlights and paint next weekend

My Veloster<---Click it!

[QUOTE=DeMarioii;88274]No reason other than style. I wish I could just have no plate. Damn ny

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide.Com Free App[/QUOTE

DeM., you were showing the stripe and plastic'd mirrors & offset plate in another thread and asked for opinions. Love the stripe. Nice job! But drop the thin stripes on each side. I have that same width single stripe on my 97 sunfire drophead, white on red, and it always gets looks of approval. I have never liked black mirrors. And the offset plate looks too asymmetrical to me. Nonethelss, I like your creative juices. To me cars, are made to mod. Keep it up!
    Velsoteray - Blue, tech, tinted, totally debadged, black & blue custom paint and vinyl from wheels to roof.

I'll post them up as soon as I get them wired in properly and on a switch. Also have to bake headlights and paint next weekend

Oh, almost forgot your tail lights. Look great. My heads and tails get pulled and painted color-match next Tuesday. I'll post pics.
    DeMarioii likes this.
    Velsoteray - Blue, tech, tinted, totally debadged, black & blue custom paint and vinyl from wheels to roof.

It's interesting how terminology changes over the years. To me (since I'm old and grey now, lol), "a build" is when you actually make parts for the car from scratch. When you build an engine from scratch from raw cranks, pistons, bearings, rods, cams, valvesprings, etc. When you do your own internal coatings and portwork. When you modify your TB on a lathe and taper-bore it. When you build your own pressure building CAI and high flow exhaust and suspension parts and braces. When you tweak and tune and fiddle with these parts and get them to sing together a passionate song you can share with all your buddies that are also car-crazy. There is nothing wrong with painting parts and striping your car and all... But, to me this isn't "building" it's tailoring or perhaps "pimping" your ride. Also the term "Mod" to me is similar to the term "build". Since I have personally modified countless factory and aftermarket parts to obtain a higher level of power and performance, I consider myself a Modd'er. Changing wheels or painting calipers, installing speakers or tint, etc isn't considered a "Mod" to me either since they don't affect the actual driving performance of the vehicle in any way. Do the cars look better after they have TLC applied? They sure do! But I find myself having a hard time with how the younger crowd tosses these terms around loosely when in my book they are incorrect... I'm not flaming here, I'm just saying what's in my heart, mind, and soul. And I am SURELY car crazy as most of us forum members are... As I always say... Friends don't let friends drive stock! Just my $.02.
    White_v and robotkilr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost12 View Post
    It's interesting how terminology changes over the years. To me (since I'm old and grey now, lol), "a build" is when you actually make parts for the car from scratch. When you build an engine from scratch from raw cranks, pistons, bearings, rods, cams, valvesprings, etc. When you do your own internal coatings and portwork. When you modify your TB on a lathe and taper-bore it. When you build your own pressure building CAI and high flow exhaust and suspension parts and braces. When you tweak and tune and fiddle with these parts and get them to sing together a passionate song you can share with all your buddies that are also car-crazy. There is nothing wrong with painting parts and striping your car and all... But, to me this isn't "building" it's tailoring or perhaps "pimping" your ride. Also the term "Mod" to me is similar to the term "build". Since I have personally modified countless factory and aftermarket parts to obtain a higher level of power and performance, I consider myself a Modd'er. Changing wheels or painting calipers, installing speakers or tint, etc isn't considered a "Mod" to me either since they don't affect the actual driving performance of the vehicle in any way. Do the cars look better after they have TLC applied? They sure do! But I find myself having a hard time with how the younger crowd tosses these terms around loosely when in my book they are incorrect... I'm not flaming here, I'm just saying what's in my heart, mind, and soul. And I am SURELY car crazy as most of us forum members are... As I always say... Friends don't let friends drive stock! Just my $.02.
    Fair enough. And I feel where you're coming from. My dad took his camaro 69' from a junk yard and day by day restored it back to life. Painting, engine work, everything. What I do is just styling my car. I personally get a new car every 6 months. And if I had the know how in order todo these things I would. But this is also a crappy 4 cylinder eco box that is ran by computers. And not being sponcered I don't have 20k to-do what I really want....make this the red bull drift car.... But that aside, Ive rebuilt my town and country with my dad and know the basics. But I wouldn't know how to make this go faster as far and making parts for it. Which I could since I part own a cnc shop. But besides the point, I would love to take this to a whole new level, but at the end of the day, who cares how fast it goes.... I care about the looks. That being said, if I still had my rx8 or when I get the gen. It's all performance, and who cares what it looks like. But anyone that's going to put any effort into making a v fast needs their brain checked. It's an eco box, And unless you love the look So much you want to swap an engine and make it fit it's always going to be slow. I could buy a new rx8 for the price of getting a super charger installed. And the rx8 stock would scrape the v. Charged. So you see. Besides getting rid of the lag with a intake and exhaust system. And maybe a tune in the future, maybe...this car isn't worth actually "building" but thats how I feel. And I'll continue to do appearance mods and make it look fast for the remaining 6 months to a year I have it...

My Veloster<---Click it!

To the OP, love what you're doing with the car, especially the rims, care to elaborate as to what paint you used, I wanna paint mine soon too. Boston red with bronze rims would look awesome!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

Quote Originally Posted by nickster9224 View Post
    To the OP, love what you're doing with the car, especially the rims, care to elaborate as to what paint you used, I wanna paint mine soon too. Boston red with bronze rims would look awesome!

Buy mine they're for sale!....but I used valspar bronze spray. The ones with The fancy lids that turn sideways. Either way, I have paint guns and I have to say spray paint nozzles are getting better. But I got 4 cans of color than 2 clear. But you only need one can for all the tires. It spreads the paint very nicely.

My Veloster<---Click it!

Buy mine they're for sale!....but I used valspar bronze spray. The ones with The fancy lids that turn sideways. Either way, I have paint guns and I have to say spray paint nozzles are getting better. But I got 4 cans of color than 2 clear. But you only need one can for all the tires. It spreads the paint very nicely.

Hmm I may just get some bronze in a quart and spray them myself with my gun, then clear. Doesn't sound like a bad idea

Nice designs dude. I have a white Veloster too and I'm thinking about blacking out the tail too. How did you black yours out? What did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Omninut View Post
    Nice designs dude. I have a white Veloster too and I'm thinking about blacking out the tail too. How did you black yours out? What did you use?
    Just some tint spray from your local shop. I'm redoing them in a little bit anyways.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ***DeMarioII Build***-uploadfromtaptalk1336189144652.jpg   ***DeMarioII Build***-uploadfromtaptalk1336189156384.jpg  
    My Veloster<---Click it!

Just some tint spray from your local shop. I'm redoing them in a little bit anyways.

I really wanted to bash on this build&mdash; bronze wheels...Really... But the **** looks good. Well done sir. I was wrong.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Whoa when did we get filters??? Is that new?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Whoa when did we get filters??? Is that new?

Haha good. I hate this car anyways. Gen coupe soon damn it.

My Veloster<---Click it!

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements