Veloster Forum banner
29K views 169 replies 13 participants last post by  Randre4 
#1 ·
So a few weeks back, I asked the forum if there was a way to take the side trim off to paint it. After seeing what Brad did with his Neo-Chrome, I taped the side pieces off with tape and newspaper, then put packing blankets over the top of the car to protect from overspray. I took off the front and back pieces, which were held on by 9 screws on the back, and 6 on the front. There was a plastic cover in the front I had to take off to get to those screws, but it was worth it (I didn't have to take off the bumper thank God). So after a Saturday filled with getting covered in car dust, exhaust soot, and plenty of red paint, I present the final product. My VT build has officially started! :cool: Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive lighting
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Bumper

See less See more
#3 ·
Me gusta.
What's next on the list?

#5 ·
Doing this too! But in Navy Blue, now what kind of paint did you use?? lol

#11 ·
Nice lol, did you clear coat it at all?

#15 ·
Quick update while i'm thinking about it

Within the next few weeks, i'm either going to A) buy the sequence style spoiler from Socal, or try to convince my dad to let me get the ARK GT Wing

B) Paint the wheels and calipers their respective colours (glossy black wheels, glossy red calipers)

C) I've decided to skip the floor LED. Instead i'm going to try to get new red bulbs for the parking lights, and maybe even black out the inside of the headlights

D) Was wanting to get the GT-S lowering springs, but the drop would be too great to even get over the curb of my driveway XD, so may skip those too

If anyone has any suggestions on what i could do to make my V even better, I'm all ears!

#16 ·
Get a Pierce Motorsports Rear Torsion Bar.
Also, get Rigid Collars.

Customize with your visions and ideas. Instead of buying pre-constructed items, try some DIYs for your car.

#17 ·
DIY is a hard thing around my house. My parents are sticklers when it comes to something with risk. I was gonna do the BPV to BOV mod but they wouldn't let me because "it might mess something up"

On the torsion bar, I've heard those things are a delight. Might get a front brace too. Definitely wanting to get an intake. Either Injen or the Beast Mode

#21 · (Edited)
Today, my grandparents finally got me my WVU logo emblem, and since i'm kind of going for a blackout (minus the red, of course XD) I painted the emblem black with the same paint I used for my Hyundai emblems, here is the result:
Motor vehicle Grille Automotive exterior Vehicle Car

As you can see, I put it on the empty license plate on the front of the car, and I have to say... I'm very pleased with the result
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Grille

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Bumper

So happy I was able to put some heritage on my car

Next up, Graduation on Saturday!!

Off topic: I'm starting to like photography. Dad's Canon is a baller

#23 · (Edited)
As promised, here is the setup

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j2ycvkbnaoukcoa/AAAFv4fMuqP6gz6HoS1byXF0a?dl=0

P.S. Sorry I sound like a prissy girl, this is the first real car thing I've ever done, and I'm super stoked I did it

P.P.S I was talking to my girlfriend on FaceTime while I did this, so the random talking to someone is her, but if you want to pretend I was talking to you, be my guest XD

P.P.P.S I used a 3" - 4" Spectre cone filter. Also used a 2.5" -> 3" Spectre silicone coupler. I'll be changing this to a metal pipe when I can find one thats the same setup, to make me feel loads more comfortable about this

I never knew doing an intake swap like this would give a BOV sound too. It's actually loud! Without the high whistle of other BOV's i've heard

#29 ·
#31 ·
Help me out then Tuns! I can't afford an exhaust at the moment, so all I could think of to make it a little louder is an intake. Maybe a res delete but I got other things i'm doing before I get to that. Gonna try to get all the cosmetic stuff done before doing any performance.

It really is pretty loud in person though. That was my phone I used for that video. The intake sucking in air when I floor it makes it sound like a monster is under my hood

#34 ·
Just ordered the Sequence spoiler. Should be here in about a month. Going to be either filling in the Sequence part red, or just outlining it in red, haven't decided. When it gets here, going to paint the rims and calipers, touch ups, and hopefully I can get my taillights blacked out soon. Stay tuned!

#35 ·
Jeez, anybody remember what it was like to be 18 and get stuff from your parent and grandparents? Youth is wasted on the young! Congrats, dude, your V is killer.

Reactions: SchmashinPrunes
#38 ·
Had to replace both of my license plate lights tonight. Didn't bother with LED's yet, just went to advance and picked up a 2-pack of 194 bulbs. Little bigger than the others, but they work just fine

Going to have my tailights tinted, not niteshade. I'd like to have a reversible effect if I end up not liking it. Going to call around tomorrow afternoon for some quotes

Spoiler should be here in the next few weeks, hopefully by mid July, once I get it, all the rest of my paint wants will be done. Red SEQUENCE on the wing, black weels, red calipers, might have to wet sand the passenger side trim, as some orange peel showed itself the other week, and the god awful soot from my exhaust is staining the back trim black, so i'll have to find a way around that lol.

Got lots planned for V this summer. Hopefully she'll be all done by VelosterCon!

#39 ·
Also been having some trouble with the tranny... may have to get the cylinders in the clutch looked at. The shift from 1st to 2nd is extremely rough at high RPM's... hopefully I havent burnt the clutch out already :(

#44 ·
I have an appointment with the dealer on Saturday to see if there's anything wrong with my clutch components. Guy on the phone said they'll look at the cylinders, fluid, and all the other components in my clutch. Hopefully I don't have to warranty a new clutch! :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.