NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 225/45/18 on Turbo

225/45/18 on Turbo

They work on stock wheels . Had them on for six days now on Brand new Turbo . Does not seem to rub on the Backside inside.. Helps a little with ride . 225/45/18 Conti DWS , ride nice ,quiet, handles well because of the Suspension setup. Also lighter than Khumo. Next up New lighter wheels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Thanks for sharing! I'm gonna love when I put some 225's on my NA v
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    They work on stock wheels . Had them on for six days now on Brand new Turbo . Does not seem to rub on the Backside inside.. Helps a little with ride . 225/45/18 Conti DWS , ride nice ,quiet, handles well because of the Suspension setup. Also lighter than Khumo. Next up New lighter wheels.
    Do you notice your speedometer being more accurate? I want to go up in size too for that reason. With stock tires I think it is off close to 8%. I could be off some.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    In your 1/13/13 post on the 'Tires for the 18'' wheel...' thread, you reported that the 225/45/18 Conti DWS tires "...rub a little on turns on the backside plastic inner cover." Which is it...do the DWS tires rub or not? Please clarify your conflicting observations.

Yeah thats why i put up another thread ....they do rub a little on the plastic liner....This is on everday driving in cold weather with bumps on road in N west Wisconsin ...I need to check further as time goes on ...Remember this is al brand new as of 12/28/12 . All New Car to . I know this is a question ., has been asked before. This is my Wifes Car so i dont get to drive it hardley . I will give it a good test ride when i change oil at about 3000 miles .

Tubby the Tuba .Well i dont know about the speedo...but from what i have been reading this should be the right set up ..i mean size 45 tires . This car is only not 3 weeks old yet... ill will post all info i can as time goes on.
    Last edited by Chaz; 01-17-2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: name

SVT remember this is close you may get a slight rub makeing turns ..but that plastic is light . Thats why im posting this stuff everthing is new VT is just Brand new 3 weeks . I think it clears on the backside wheel well towards the Engine it looks that way anyway . But there is one like colum in the middle of that inside plastic liner it rubs .. If it gets warmer like maybe 35 ill try to take pic for you guys. Chaz

Curmudgeon . Ist post was ist week of car as you can READ this last post was 2weeks later . Like i said CAR New tires new all new .. Im puttin stuff in as i go along ....has anybody else put anything on these tires yet??? It will work ...not saying you can take turns at 75 mph ...but when it gets nicer i mean warmer i will give it a try .. see how it works . Like i said in another post , that plastic on the wheelwell is thin . There is just a small column that it touches.. Best i can do Man

225/45/18 and new wheels

Im been looking for LIghtweight Alloy Wheels for this 225/45 setup . Hard to find need +48 +49 maybe 50 dont know yet . Ok maybe you guys can help me out ....If i went to a 8 inch wide wheel will it let the 225 spread a little on the wheel like so it may flatten out a touch ....reason being ,if it flattens a bit ,it may not hit wheelwell ??? Also i got to check on the 8 inch wheel if it will work . Any inpt would be appeciated Thanks Chaz Maybe a 5 or 6 spoke split Wheel.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements